What I would do as CEO of Walt Disney company - parks starting in 2018 for 27 years

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
I mentioned 27 years because If I was CEO of Disney in 2018, I would be a little bit younger than Eisner was in 1984 when he took over. I am right now in my mid 30's and i'd be in my late 30's/early 40's age range in 2018 as a result.

My parks plans would involve Disney theme parks worldwide besides Disney World.

I am assuming that Star Wars Land, Avatarland, Frozen replace Maelstrom, and Pixar expansion are done or middle of construction for Walt Disney World. I also would assume Soarin' 2.0 would be done. I am also assuming that current plans that Iger has for other Disney theme parks outside of WDW also.

My goal in the resort theme park division the Walt Disney Company is give the guests the best experience as possible for all age groups and make it a bit more affordable for guests to visit. That means Top notch Food, attractions in great shape, attractions people enjoy and great transportation. I would be very hands on in terms of the theme parks.

My aim also is to visit the all the theme parks that is under the Disney Banner each fiscal quarter to make sure the people are doing their jobs in terms of management.

I will not list future movies in the parks as replacement attractions since no one including me will know what will be a hit movie in that amount of time.

I'll be outline my plans in a lot of posts I coming up.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Walt Disney World Resorts, Disney World Transportation and other in Disney World
No more DVC additions.
All WDW Resort Hotels are $30.00 cheaper at regular price.
Monorail trains gets replaced.
Monorail expansion from Epcot to Disney Hollywood Studios.
PeterALT isn't allowed on WDW property.
Park and Water Park Admission becomes $15.00 cheaper.
Special promotions would happen for WDW's 50th and 75th Anniversary under me as CEO of the Walt Disney Company.

Other at Disney Resorts
Try to add more Christmas offerings to the Moderate and value Hotels.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Disney Springs
It depends on the profit margins there if I do major changes and if any vendors leave. If a Vendor leaves, I would try to add a club or types of food that isn't at Disney Springs. The only thing I would do is update Disney Quest.

Water Parks at WDW
Nothing to typhoon Lagoon, but I'll add a Frozen themed Water ride to Blizzard Beach.

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Future World

Leave a Legacy- That eye sore would leave.

Spaceship Earth- Give it a new narration every 10 years and do something with the ending.

Universe of Energy would getting an update with changes with the film and the AA's. It would be the 3rd thing I would do at Epcot as CEO. I would update it every 10 years in terms of information.

Mission Space: I would want to change it by 2025 because people actually would land in Mars by then based on what the United States Government currently wants. I would focus more on the planet Mars instead of the mission to it.

Wonders of Life: It would change into a weather Pavilion and would be my first Priority at Epcot. Pavilion gets weather Simulator- has Tornado's, Hurricane's, and Blizzards. Includes a Counter Service and a shop. Attractions gets refurbished every 5 to 10 years.

Imagination Pavilion: My 2nd priority. EO and Imagination gone. Building gets demolished for a Trackless ride that has an imagination theme.

Soarin': Attraction gets updated in every 10 years.

Circle of Life: I would change it to Walle.

Living Seas: Nemo attraction gets a redo. It needs to have a better blend of living animals for the ride.

Test Track: This depends on what the vehicles are going to be in the future wouldn't be happening before 2025 to 2030 time frame. I am mentioning this from a technology standpoint.

Innoventions: Turn part of it into a medical Pavilion. It shows the history of advances in the medical field. The The other part of it would be turned into a robotic Technology Pavilion.

Other for Future World
I would have something similar to the lights of Winter to be included for Christmas and and have more Christmas decorations.

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
World Showcase
Odyssey Building turns a eating place with Disney Characters.

Canada: I would have to do something the O'Canada at some point in my 27 year tenure as Disney CEO. I would close it a some point because I think Films wouldn't be the way to promote a country with the technology out there unless it is American Adventure. I would add a Grizzly River Run (Brother Bear Themed) ride. I also would get a rid of the DVC booth and make into a counter service stand instead.

UK: No changes

France: The film will go away. I will add a ride to France instead with it being Ratatouille or a Beauty and the Beast ride there.

I would do a copy of Ratatouille Ride if it is not part of the DHS makeover.

Morocco: It depends if Spice Road is a success. If it is not, I'll get a ride of the table service and not add anything to replace it.

Japan: Bullet train ride

American Adventure: I would update the show every 10 years in terms of the film part.

Italy: Gondola ride dark ride

Germany: Rhine River cruise

China:Film will be gone at some point and replace it a Mulan Training Camp.

Norway: It depends on how Frozen is doing there.

Mexico: I wouldn't do a replacement there.

New Pavilions
Brazil: Steakhouse, Amazon River ride, Christ the Redeemer Statue part of the Pavilion, Counter Service and 2 Stores

Egypt: Replica of the Great Pyramid,Lily of the Nile (boat dark ride down the "Nile" and through ancient Egypt. Some recognizable scenes will include; a Pharaoh's crowning and the following procession, a summoning of Egyptian gods, the splitting of the Red Sea, other plagues, and the building of the Sphinx and pyramids at Giza.),Pharaoh's Treasures gift shop, Feast with the Pharaoh (Eat in the same dining room as the Egyptian king while being entertained by a classic delta performance.)

Other at World Showcase
Food and Wine Festival goes away due to all the additions to World Showcase. I rather do that instead of using magic bands to keep an eye what a guest has to drink before puking in the bushes. The other reason I want to use space at EPCOT all year round.

Flower Festival stays.

Illumionations-I would changing night time shows every years at Epcot.

All the Christmas Stuff and events stays in World Showcase also.

I would add daytime fireworks for Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary. I would allow special events for Epcot's 50th Anniversary all year round including Holiday themed.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom
Main Street USA- No changes

Adventureland- Adventureland Veranda building is used as a restaurant all year round.

Frontierland - Only a Country Bear Holiday overlay during the holidays.

Liberty Square - Gives Haunted Mansion a Halloween and Christmas overlay.

Fantasyland and Storybook Circus Land - I would give It's a Small world a Holiday overlay like they have at Disneyland.

Tomorrowland - Lots of Changes here. I would be using some of Eddie Sotto's old plans for the Tomorrowland version Tokyo Disneyland for the The Magic Kingdom version of Tomorrow land instead.

Monsters Inc. Laughing Floor goes away. Space Mountain would be would down a year at least to get a proper refurbishment with everything being in top shape before it opens and will reopen as Hyper Space Mountain. Sitich's Great Escape would be gone also.

Tomorrowland Speedway gets turned into Lunar Rovers - a ride now set on the moon amongst huge craters. Tomorrowland gets a SCi-FI Zoo featuring animatronic alien creatures. A new Coaster would be added called Cybermid. It takes places in a black pyramid intended to be a mysterious alien device. Riders would found themselves inside an alien computer where they would be perceived as a virus and forced to escape.

Other for the Magic Kingdom
Magic Kingdom get a new Parade every 5 to 10 years and a new fireworks show also. I will keep the parties, but want more Christmas decorations around the park.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Currently know as Disney Hollywood Studios
I said currently because there is talk that Disney wants a name change to the park.

A lot of the changes to the park by me would depend on what Iger allows for DHS in the makeover that there is currently plans for. I know Iger has some type of a Pixar expansion and a Star Wars Land. I have no reason to touch both in terms of replacing them for new attractions if they are done well and are popular.

If the Sorcerer's Hat isn't moved, it will be under me. There is rumors about something being done to the Great Movie Ride, and I wouldn't touch it as a result.

I am guessing that there are some parts of Streets of America that isn't going to be touched during the redo, although some part of it will be. I am saying that because it points to Lights, Motor, Action! being gone besides the Backlot Tour.

I would be checking the popularity of the muppets to see If do a Muppet Expansion that includes the Great Muppet Ride and a Swedish Chief Restaurant.

The Mermaid stage show and the Beauty and the Beast Stage Show is get a ride of both of them for Frozen live on stage and Tangle live on stage. The catch is I don't believe in Broadway type shows should stay over 10 to 15 years straight without any changes. That means they will be replaced by whatever films are popular at that time.

I would get a rid Frozen Sing-a-Long at some in my tenure as the CEO of the Walt Disney Company if it is still there when Iger retires. I would keep it for 10 to 15 years, but it is something shouldn't stay forever like the two stage shows I mentioned.

Fantasmic would be changed in terms of what would be in the show such as adding newer films.

What I would do is check if there is any land that is usable or stuff that can be moved for making the Park bigger for a Villains Land. I decided on a Villains land because the Villain events have been popular for DHS and that tells me there is an tapped market for a Villain themed land.

I know there is a frozen ride in Epcot, but Look at the potential Toy Story themed rides DHS has in 2 parks combined if there is a Toy Story Playland at DHS.

Villain theme Land Concept
Queen Grimhilde's Sweets
The Vile Club - Villains themed Supper club
Villain version of PhilharMagic
Villain Dungeon - Meet and Great area that includes Hans
Lady Tremaine's bobbi bobbity boutique

Other
Christmas would still have the lights. I would add Special Fireworks for the Holidays after Thanksgiving that has Christmas Songs Being played while the Fireworks are happening.

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Animal Kingdom
Yeti is going to be fixed as a top priority if it isn't planned by the time Iger leaves.
I would touch Avatarland at some point during my tenure if it isn't a popular land. I would leave the concept of the rides alone, but they would be rethemed.

Beastly Kingdom also gets get Built.

Antarctica
Simulator with same concept as Sea World's is.
Penguin area
Seals area
Another Simulator ride, but one with you simulator ride that has you swim with penguins until the climax, where you escape from a Leopard Seal.

Other
Night time show will be changed every 10 to 15 years under my tenure.

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
As far the first and only park goes, I would only touch if needed in terms of replacing attraction except for one thing. I would create Arendelle: A Frozen Mini land.

Arendelle: Frozen Mini Land would have The North Mountain Expedition, A "Frozen Adventure" Dark Ride, Meet and Greet, Frozen Palace Dining Hall, and Wondering Oaken's Trading Post.

Toy Story Midway Mania becomes part of Toy Story Playland.

Adding other stuff really depends on what Iger has approved and the Hong Kong government for that matter outside Iron Man Experience.

Additions for Hong Kong Disneyland outside of the the only park
2nd park- It would happen sometime between 2018 to 2045.
Downtown Disney- It seems like there isn't shopping and entertainment district in Hong Kong Disneyland property and is something I would add. What I do is have shops, Eating places, clubs, and entertainment with a parking lot or use the monorail system.
Monorail system gets expanded to Downtown Disney and to the 2nd park.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Hong Kong Disneyland's 2nd park
It is a studio theme park that the majority owners of the park expressed of wanting in the past based on what I read on one of this site's message board. My strategy for it is different than the other Disney Studio parks Disney has since they have problems. The other thing is the 2nd park would somewhere from 2018 to 2045.

Hong Kong Disneyland Studio park Plans
Lay out is going to be easy for others to navigate
Lands are Disney's Toon Town, The Production Courtyard, Lucas Land, Pixar land, and Villain Studios.
Park is represent to by a water tower.

Production Courtyard in Hong Kong Disneyland Studios Park
Backlot Tour
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
The Great Disney film film ride
Live Stage show- depends on what animation film got released recently and is very popular at the time this park opens.
3 Shops
Production Cafe - Counter Service
The Star Meeting place - Table Service
Popcorn stand

Lucas Land in Hong Kong Disneyland Studios Park
Tatooine Pod Racing track- You are able to race to race in pod and a track that is based off the Star Wars: Episode 1: Phantom Menace
Mos Eisley Cantina - Counter Service
Tie Fighter Dumbo type Spinner
Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition- This is an old Old Imagineer concept from the 1980's. You are in a huge temple weaving amongst caves and caverns. Guests would have found two rides. One is Enhanced Motion Vehicle troop carrier type ride and the other one is a mine-cart rollercoaster recreating the adrenalin-rushing scenes in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
3 Shops
The Rebel gathering - Table Service

Mickey's in Hong Kong Disneyland Studios Park
Plane Crazy-Dumbo type Spinner
Fantasia: Splash of the symphonies- Water Thrill ride
Steamboat Willie ride
Donald's Diner-Counter Service
Toonhill hotel- Meet and greet with the big 6
1 shop
Oswald's Ice cream stand

Pixarland in Hong Kong Disneyland Studios Park
Incredibles dark ride
Ratatouille clone
Bug's life Playground
Crush's Coaster
Gusteau's-table service
3 shops

Villains Studios in Hong Kong Disneyland Studios Park

The Great Villain Ride- Ride that shows show scenes of Disney Villains with Hades being your Tour guide.
Jafar's Magic Show
Lady Tremaine & The Stepsisters Beauty Salon
Queen Grimhilde's Sweets
The Villain Club - Table Service
The Dungeon - Meet and great area
The Vile Eatery - counter Service

Other
World of Color - Night time show
2 Different Day Parades with one taking 3 days of the week and the other 4. They are The Great Villain Parade and the other one is Stars in Motorcade parade. The Stars in Motorcade Parade includes Mickey Mouse, Indiana Jones, Donald Duck and other characters that aren't villains.

The Great Villain Parade would have Chernabog, Hades, Jafar, Darth Vader, and other Villains owned by Disney.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Shanghai Disneyland
I really can't predict anything I can approve as CEO of the Disneyland company because the park hasn't opened yet and there already are planned phases after the opening.

What I can do is the 2nd park. The fact is Shangahi disneyland will be getting a 2nd park in the 2025 to 2030 time frame.

Stuff on Shangahi Disneyland property that would be ne approved that isn't park related.
Monorail expansion
3 more hotels between 2018 to 2045.

tcool

It is a studio theme park that the majority owners of the park expressed of wanting in the past based on what I read on one of this site's message board. My strategy for it is different than the other Disney Studio parks Disney has since they have problems. The other thing is the 2nd park would somewhere from 2018 to 2045.

Lands are Disney's Toon Town, The Production Courtyard, Lucas Land, Pixar land, and Villain Studios.

Backlot Tour
Live Stage show- depends on what animation film got released recently and is very popular at the time this park opens.
3 Shops
Counter Service at Production Courtyard
Production Cafe

Table Service at Production Yard
The Star Meeting place

Tatooine Pod Racing track- You are able to race to race in pod and a track that is based off the Star Wars: Episode 1: Phantom Menace
Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition- This is an old Old Imagineer concept from the 1980's. You are in a huge temple weaving amongst caves and caverns. Huests would have found two rides. One is Enhanced Motion Vehicle troop carrier type ride and the other one is a mine-cart rollercoaster recreating the adrenalin-rushing scenes in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
3 Shops

Steamboat Willie ride
Donald's Diner-Table Service
1 shop

Incredibles dark ride
Ratatouille clone
Bug's life Playground
Crush's Coaster
Gusteau's-table service
3 shops

The Great Villain Ride- Ride that shows show scenes of Disney Villains with Hades being your Tour guide.
Jafar's Magic Show
Queen Grimhilde's Sweets

Other
2 Different Day Parades with one taking 3 days of the week and the other 4. They are The Great Villain Parade and the other one is Stars in Motorcade parade. The Stars in Motorcade Parade includes Mickey Mouse, Indiana Jones, Donald Duck and other characters that aren't villains.

The Great Villain Parade would have Chernabog, Hades, Jafar, Darth Vader, and other Villains owned by Disney.
One problem there is only 2 Quick/Counter Services in the whole park which is a pretty big problem suggestion Donald's Diner turn into a Q/C Service and A Q/C Service at Villains Studios.

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
One problem there is only 2 Quick/Counter Services in the whole park which is a pretty big problem suggestion Donald's Diner turn into a Q/C Service and A Q/C Service at Villains Studios.
Suggestion taken. I also increased my snack places to 3 since I added an ice cream stand and a popcorn stand.

orlando678-

Backlot Tour
3 Shops
Production Cafe - Counter Service
The Star Meeting place - Table Service
Popcorn stand

Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition- This is an old Old Imagineer concept from the 1980's. You are in a huge temple weaving amongst caves and caverns. Guests would have found two rides. One is Enhanced Motion Vehicle troop carrier type ride and the other one is a mine-cart rollercoaster recreating the adrenalin-rushing scenes in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
3 Shops

Steamboat Willie ride
Donald's Diner-Counter Service
1 shop
Oswald's Ice cream stand

Incredibles dark ride
Ratatouille clone
Bug's life Playground
Crush's Coaster
Gusteau's-table service
3 shops

Jafar's Magic Show
Queen Grimhilde's Sweets
The Vile Eatery - counter Service

Other

Look i think this is a great park but please put this in the existing studio parks. we can't use another copy theme park now. we have to come with something new. Maybe a theme park based on legends, time, stories or so. This is what Hong Kong needs. If we see what a behind the scenes studio park does to a resort, well it kind of decreases the income. I love wdsp and hs but we don't need another studio park. Maybe if we have many different parks in the future we can have a studio park again but not now.

tcool

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
As far the first and only park goes, I would only touch if needed in terms of replacing attraction except for one thing. I would create Arendelle: A Frozen Mini land.

Arendelle: Frozen Mini Land would have The North Mountain Expedition, A "Frozen Adventure" Dark Ride, Meet and Greet, Frozen Palace Dining Hall, and Wondering Oaken's Trading Post.

Adding other stuff really depends on what Iger has approved and the Hong Kong government for that matter outside Iron Man Experience.

Additions for Hong Kong Disneyland outside of the the only park
2nd park- It would happen sometime between 2018 to 2045.
Downtown Disney- It seems like there isn't shopping and entertainment district in Hong Kong Disneyland property and is something I would add. What I do is have shops, Eating places, clubs, and entertainment with a parking lot or use the monorail system.
Monorail system gets expanded to Downtown Disney and to the 2nd park.
So no TSMM at Toy Story Playland?

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Look i think this is a great park but please put this in the existing studio parks.
I see where you are coming from, but The thing is Disney Hollywood studios isn't going to have a studio theme for long. It also will get a name change.

Disney already got a rid of the Backlot Tour for DHS. Disney also have plans of getting a rid of Lights, Motor Action! in 2015 for DHS. Indiana Jones Stunt spectacular is going away when Star Wars Land construction starts.

The other thing Is I would be CEO of the Walt Disney Company in 2018 under my scenario. That is a big deal what I can do or not since Iger already approved a Disney Hollywood Studios makeover that is starting with the 3rd track for Toy Story Midway Mania. The 3rd track is only the start of a big makeover that involves multiples phases and it involved Pixar and Star Wars for sure. The first phase is more than than the 3rd track for Toy Story Midway Mania since the Backlot Tour is now closed.

According Marni1971, Disney's plans of the Disney Hollywood Studio marker over actually is going to be bigger than Disney California Adventures makeover was matter of fact that includes the Sorcerer's hat getting moved.

I simply don't want to replace thing in spots in a park that Bob Iger would be doing before I become CEO of Disney under my Scenario in 2018. The fact Bob might have approved stuff I wouldn't consider replacing and a first stage of the Makeover could have been done before 2018.

Last edited:

tcool

The thing is Disney Hollywood studios isn't going to have a studio theme for long and will be getting a theme park name change.

Disney already got a rid of the Backlot Tour for DHS. Disney also have plans of getting a rid of Lights, Motor Action! in 2015 for DHS. Indiana Jones Stunt spectacular is going away when Star Wars Land construction starts.

The other thing Is I would be CEO of the Walt Disney Company in 2018 under my scenario. That is a big deal what I can do or not since Iger already approved a Disney Hollywood Studios makeover that is starting with the 3rd track for Toy Story Midway Mania. The 3rd track is only the start of a big makeover that involves multiples phases and it involved Pixar and Star Wars for sure. The first phase is more than than the 3rd track for Toy Story Midway Mania since the Backlot Tour is now closed.

According Marni1971, Disney's plans of the Disney Hollywood Studio marker over actually is going to be bigger than Disney California Adventures makeover was matter of fact that includes the Sorcerer's hat getting moved.
For all you know Epic Stunt Can Stay if they make it a Lucas Studios Land.

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
For all you know Epic Stunt Can Stay if they make it a Lucas Studios Land.
I agree with you, but everything that I have been reading from trusted insiders on the Forums such as Marini1971 points to them not wanting a Lucas Studios Land, but Star Wars only. Marini1971 even said today that Epic Stunt, Lights, Motor, Action! and Beauty and the Beast played to packed houses, but they are on life support.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom