What happened today at Cirque de Soliel?

indyfan

Original Poster
Was leaving Virgin today after picking up the new Oasis cd (by the way BRILLIANT) and as I left in front of Cirque de Soliel there were lots of firetrucks and ambulances. I parked behind Cirque de Soleil and HOB, I was told to go back and walk along the waterfront by security. Then a custodian stopped me from going that way also.
He radioed the manager and I was allowed to walk across the grass to my car, quite a wet and muddy trip I might add.

Does anyone know what happened, the whole area was on like lockdown or something???

FanofDinsey1981

I hope no one was injured? I would check outthe orlando newspaper online to see if htey have anything about it....

or go to yahoo.com, and to the orlando specialized section. they usually are really good about putting news up.

FanofDinsey1981

Tuesday July 02 01:56 PM EDT
Prank Forces Cirque Du Soleil Evacuation
Several people were evacuated from Downtown Disney's Cirque Du Soleil attraction Tuesday in an apparent public phone prank involving pepper spray, according to Local 6 News.

A woman reportedly complained of a burning sensation minutes after using a pay phone outside of the Cirque Du Soleil building.

Officials said that 10 people were immediately evacuated from the building's gift shop and Reedy Creek emergency officials responded.

After an investigation, authorities discovered that someone put pepper spray on the phone reciever, according to Local 6 News. There were no other substances found on any of the buildings other phones.

The woman was treated at the scene and then released.

Watch Local 6 News For The Latest.

indyfan

Original Poster
cheers

Thanks. Considering I live in Orlando, my first instinct was to check the Sentinel online! Nothing yet! But now you have given me a good secondary source! Thanks!

kwt10

With the amount of security cameras that are around WDW I would have to say this person will be caught. If security wants to put the effort out to find them.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Originally posted by kwt10
With the amount of security cameras that are around WDW I would have to say this person will be caught. If security wants to put the effort out to find them.

Well, they might know what the person looks like. Finding them and putting a name to that face is a different story.

Maria

I´m sorry to hear such paranoia and such a big security display after a stupid pepper spray prank on a phone booth... I guess after September 11 things will never be the same... :(

Better safe than sorry anyways...

Mouse3268

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
Tuesday July 02 01:56 PM EDT
Prank Forces Cirque Du Soleil Evacuation
Several people were evacuated from Downtown Disney's Cirque Du Soleil attraction Tuesday in an apparent public phone prank involving pepper spray, according to Local 6 News.

A woman reportedly complained of a burning sensation minutes after using a pay phone outside of the Cirque Du Soleil building.

Officials said that 10 people were immediately evacuated from the building's gift shop and Reedy Creek emergency officials responded.

After an investigation, authorities discovered that someone put pepper spray on the phone reciever, according to Local 6 News. There were no other substances found on any of the buildings other phones.

The woman was treated at the scene and then released.

Watch Local 6 News For The Latest.

That's not good. :( I hoped the person who got the burning sensation.

bgraham34

At least it wasnt anything too serious. But that is still a shame. Some people have no morals or care for anyone but themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom