What Happened to the What's New, What's Next presentation?

djronnieb

Original Poster
I know this has been brought up in several other threads, but let me start one that just focuses on the What's New, What's Next presentation. Please try not to drift from this thread, all I want is did it happen, and if not why not? and if it did take place, only those who went or know 100% for sure what happened at it.

LoisMustDie

Perhaps a bit of background before the endless drifts and debates start? Especially for those who have been left in the dark on the info for this particular presentation?

This has been especially frustrating as I'm sure that many Disney nuts like myself have been perusing the Disney websites for the past couple of days trying to find some shred of info regarding future projects only to find nothing. (whew, big run on sentence) Anyway, was anything anounced?

CaptainMichael

Snow White 610 said:
This has been especially frustrating as I'm sure that many Disney nuts like myself have been perusing the Disney websites for the past couple of days trying to find some shred of info regarding future projects only to find nothing. (whew, big run on sentence) Anyway, was anything anounced?

Thusfar, only attractions for Disney's California Adventure have been announced. Monsters Inc. and something else that has managed to slip my mind! Oh yes, Turtle Talk.

KevinPage

I don't expect ANYTHING that we don't already know to be announced.

Logically, why should Disney? You are already getting enough media coverage for the Celebratino and recently opened attractions.

IF and WHEN the next round of rides are to be unveiled, they can hold a separate press conference and get MORE media exposure. There is no reason to shoot all your bullets at once.

Furthermore, if Disney was doing something BIG, it would have been leaked all over the internet for months ahead of time. There are no more REAL big surprises anymore.

brich

Furthermore, if Disney was doing something BIG, it would have been leaked all over the internet for months ahead of time. There are no more REAL big surprises anymore.
Translated: If your a Disney junkie who frequents seedy joints such as this one, you already know the neighborhood gossip. :D
I guess the price one pays when trying to stay at the top of the talk is that in the end, you may already know what's behind door number 3.... :hammer:

Shaman

brich said:
Translated: If your a Disney junkie who frequents seedy joints such as this one, you already know the neighborhood gossip. :D
I guess the price one pays when trying to stay at the top of the talk is that in the end, you may already know what's behind door number 3.... :hammer:

I think 'magic' is far from being a "seedy joint"...

chancellor

As I posted in another thread, it was my understanding that the "what's new, what's next" press event at WDW was to occur today, May 6, at Animal Kingdom. I think sometime around 11:00. See this thread, around post #5:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=54946

The rumored MK announcement on May 5 did not happen. The announcement itself was never more than a rumor.

I don't expect much to be announced today. Maybe some new details on Everest.

KevinPage

brich said:

That's the price we pay. We can live the glory of knowing something before it actually happens, BUT we lose the excitement of an unexpected announcement.

There is always a price to pay for something unfortunately.

brich

That's the price we pay.
I'll pay it!! :D
I think 'magic' is far from being a "seedy joint"...
Humor... as in, a joke. Yikes. I give up.... :zipit:
You know Disney is about having fun, laughing, enjoying yourself. And far too often people take it so serious. I love this site, spend most of my day on it. But if it's getting so serious that we take things so literally, then maybe I should just get back to work before I lose my job... :brick:

Shaman

brich said:
Humor... as in, a joke. Yikes. I give up.... :zipit:
You know Disney is about having fun, laughing, enjoying yourself. And far too often people take it so serious. I love this site, spend most of my day on it. But if it's getting so serious that we take things so literally, then maybe I should just get back to work before I lose my job... :brick:

I usually have a good sense of humor...(especially on Fridays)...but for some reason the "seedy" statement just bothered me...*sigh*..glad to know it was only a joke...

:wave:

brich

...but for some reason the "seedy" statement just bothered me...*sigh*..glad to know it was only a joke...
With more than 4000 posts, I sure am glad your not that serious. :D
Sorry for the slight scold and lecture. :hammer:
I love happy endings.... :lookaroun :wave:

Shaman

brich said:
With more than 4000 posts, I sure am glad your not that serious. :D
Sorry for the slight scold and lecture. :hammer:
I love happy endings.... :lookaroun :wave:

ME? Serious?

*gasp*

:D

Not really, not all the time ( :lookaroun )...its just that occasionally people like to bash this site...for whatever reason...mostly newbies do this, but I've seen long time members go bad too...but alas just a misunderstanding....

So anyone hear anything new on this BIG ANNOUNCEMENT? :lookaroun :lol:

CaptainMichael

I do believe that the Animal Kingdom "What's New, What's Next" is going on right now. Maybe we'll at least get some more details about Expedtion: Everest.

Rosso11

Not sure if anybody saw these but laughingplace.com has some new everest related pics up at there site uder the live LP section. They are from todays media event.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Rosso11 said:
Not sure if anybody saw these but laughingplace.com has some new everest related pics up at there site uder the live LP section.

I'm very happy to see that they are making the trains look a little more beat up. The pictures I've seen so far looked too nice and clean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom