What happened to the Magic Kingdoms game?

dylan313

Original Poster
The game has countless rides from Disney parks all over the world in the shop! I got excited when I saw rides from Paris and Tokyo! Of course, you have to go through story mode to unlock them all.....

Rich T

The game has countless rides from Disney parks all over the world in the shop! I got excited when I saw rides from Paris and Tokyo! Of course, you have to go through story mode to unlock them all.....
*In The Shop*. Ka-Ching. (Okay, to be fair, DIsney's a business and of course wants to make money from this "free" app). Actually, the rides aren't countless. It's a finite number. To be more accurate, the app has a lot of nicely cute, stylized caricatures of Disney rides that you have just about no interaction with beyond placing them on a map and looking at them. You can look at cute, stylized drawings of Disney rides for free in maps and brochures all over the internet. If that's what you want from a game, go for it.

Again, this is a poor excuse for a game. Disney is capable of creating a spectacular theme park game for mobile. This ain't it.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
So your issue is you want a RCT type game built from the ground up, without the timers and slap it onto mobile. I doubt that's ever going to happen based on the capabilities phones actually have.

Rich T

So your issue is you want a RCT type game built from the ground up, without the timers and slap it onto mobile. I doubt that's ever going to happen based on the capabilities phones actually have.
Such a pessimist! Have you actually played any of the top-tier mobile games? If a phone is capable of Inifinty Blade 3, Real Racing, or even any of Gameloft's more ambitious games, it can certainly handle a good park sim. And, seriously, if it can run ports of RCT3, RCT2 (forthcoming) and Disney Infinity's Toybox, then original games of that quality can certainly be achieved. To say otherwise is a real insult to some very talented game developers out there.

The question is whether Disney is willing to give a talented development team the budget and time to produce quality work instead of a cynical cash-grab. I have no doubt that the talented people who worked on Magic Kingdoms could have created--or at least have taken part in--a much better product with the right budget and schedule.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Such a pessimist! Have you actually played any of the top-tier mobile games? If a phone is capable of Inifinty Blade 3, Real Racing, or even any of Gameloft's more ambitious games, it can certainly handle a good park sim. And, seriously, if it can run ports of RCT3, RCT2 (forthcoming) and Disney Infinity's Toybox, then original games of that quality can certainly be achieved. To say otherwise is a real insult to some very talented game developers out there.

The question is whether Disney is willing to give a talented development team the budget and time to produce quality work instead of a cynical cash-grab. I have no doubt that the talented people who worked on Magic Kingdoms could have created--or at least have taken part in--a much better product with the right budget and schedule.

haha...for someone who doesn't like this game, you have been going on about it in this thread for 24 hours now.

It is a fun little game for some and not for others...end of story.

Wendy Pleakley

At least Roller Coaster Tycoon mobile let you design your own park layout.

I find this game too limiting. I don't want to place rides in a park that is already designed, I want to design my own Magic Kingdom.

Great production values but not an engaging game thus far.

Rich T

haha...for someone who doesn't like this game, you have been going on about it in this thread for 24 hours now.

It is a fun little game for some and not for others...end of story.

Haha...and here you are as well. Want some chips? I've got Pringles. Bottom line: If you support mediocrity and freemium cash-grabs, then mediocrity and freemium cash-grabs is all you'll get. Disney can use this platform to create wonderful software. Someday they will.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Haha...and here you are as well. Want some chips? I've got Pringles. Bottom line: If you support mediocrity and freemium cash-grabs, then mediocrity and freemium cash-grabs is all you'll get. Disney can use this platform to create wonderful software. Someday they will.

:rolleyes:

lilclerk

You guys, I feel like a stupid idiot. I can't figure out how to send Mickey to clean his gloves, I don't have that option in his menu. Am I supposed to do something else first?

dylan313

Original Poster
You guys, I feel like a stupid idiot. I can't figure out how to send Mickey to clean his gloves, I don't have that option in his menu. Am I supposed to do something else first?

I'm pretty sure it's the "Hang out at home" option. I've noticed that the options and what you're told to do don't always match, but it's usually the first thing that pops up on his menu when you tap on the quest. :)

lilclerk

I'm pretty sure it's the "Hang out at home" option. I've noticed that the options and what you're told to do don't always match, but it's usually the first thing that pops up on his menu when you tap on the quest. :)
That was it! For some reason, I thought I did that one last night and it didn't work. Thanks!

jensenrick

Glad to know they are still working on this. Everyone preregister for free in game stuff.

So I did the preregister back when I saw this message, registered and shared on FB (like it asks you to), and there was a "meter" to be filled. So today, I get the game, start playing, connect with FB, and expect to get my Hat Stand and the extra Magic and Gems- so far nothing.
Anyone else have this issue?

jensenrick

So I did the preregister back when I saw this message, registered and shared on FB (like it asks you to), and there was a "meter" to be filled. So today, I get the game, start playing, connect with FB, and expect to get my Hat Stand and the extra Magic and Gems- so far nothing.
Anyone else have this issue?

Nevermind- just read the FB page (smacks head), and I have to get to level 7 first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom