What happened to the Finding Nemo/LS announcement?

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I know this was mentioned breifly during the second day of the media event, but just as a casual mention, not as an official annoucement, but why didn't they announce it today? BTW, for those who don't know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the rumored Finding Nemo redo of The Living Seas. It's semi-confirmed since top Disney officials have been casually talking about it. I want to know what the time table for it is, what exactly is planned for it. My guess is that it will be Finding Nemos for Living Seas as Ellen is for Universe of Energy.

Dr Albert Falls

I think its all part of Disney's "surprise strategy" to space out announcements when they need media attention the most.

Disney got plenty of coverage this week, and the 3 new attractions were definitely a highlight.

It would not have made sense for them to describe EVERYTHING up their sleeve (like Nemo). Perhaps they'll squeeze it in at a different time when it can make the biggest splash (kinda like "Wishes". I don't recall hearing much about it until just months before its opening)

ArsonWinter

I'm actually kind of glad they didn't mention it. Granted, I don't want it to happen, but even if it does, it delays the inevitable (for me, at least).

Marijil

Instead of just throwing characters in there, the redo should include something hands on, something high tech (the hydrolators are tired and old...and the sea cabs are gone) and possibly some shows.....a la sea world.... i know there is a reluctance to do show because of sea world but if they set out to do it they could...just an opinion...the pavilion is second only to WOL for out datedness (is that a word?)

Shaman

Originally posted by Dr Albert Falls
I think its all part of Disney's "surprise strategy" to space out announcements when they need media attention the most.....

It would not have made sense for them to describe EVERYTHING up their sleeve (like Nemo).

Makes alot of business sense to me....:D

diegorivera2

My guess is that the 7 minute pre-show movie, 'The Seas' will be redone with Nemo as our host (just as PeterAlt suggested at the beginning of this thread). Perhaps the re-do will go so far as to offer a narrative journey through the Living Seas through the eyes of Nemo, to bring the whole experience full circle. (Just a thought.) It would be *nice* to have the Seacabs reopened, though, as that was a wonderful introduction to the attraction when they were in operation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom