What Happened to the Disney Institute?

artvandelay

How long ago did the Institute shut down? I went there in '96 and had a great time. The photography and home movie courses were educational and fun. The campus was like a small college. The spa and health club were state of the art. I heard that Saratoga Springs is being built on the Disney Institute site, but did any of it survive? Also, does anyone know when Saratoga Springs DVC points go on sale? Will it expire in 2042? Will the cost go up? Thanks in advance for your responses

jmarc63

The Disney Institute closed on february 11, of 2002, The Villias along the lake are being raized to allow construction of the new resort, the main building with the spa, fitness center and clubhouse and golf cource will be incoeporated into the new resort.

The institute closed due to the fact that the more popular programs were held at other locations around WDW, so the need for a dedicated facility was deemed unnedded and ripe for redevelopement, the treehouses will be staying for the time being

Upvote 0

jmarc63

Originally posted by jmarc63
The Disney Institute closed on february 11, of 2002, The Villias along the lake are being raized to allow construction of the new resort, the main building with the spa, fitness center and clubhouse and golf cource will be incoeporated into the new resort.

The institute closed due to the fact that the more popular programs were held at other locations around WDW, so the need for a dedicated facility was deemed unnedded and ripe for redevelopement, the treehouses will be staying for the time being

I did forget to mention that the spa the fitness center and the golf course are still open

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom