What happened to Mickey Mouse?!

Plutoboy

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not as I have not read through all the posts but there was a rumor at one point and time of a full length feature starring Mickey when Disney hit their 50th full animation movie.

From what I remember the movie had a working title called "the Search for Mickey" and would have every "major" character Disney has ever created in the movie at some point and time.

fudwrapper

i know that this isn't exactly what you're talking about, but the mickey mouse clubhouse is fantastic for pre-schoolers. also, i think it's a pretty good marketing tool, because it introduces alot of the original characters to a younger generation-thereby creating the 'i wants' when kids go to the stores and see disney products.

it really is a well done educational program for little ones.

i agree! if it weren't for this program, my 3 yr old would have been LOST at WDW when we went last month. this show was a GREAT idea on Disney's part, and will no doubt pay huge dividends in the long run. plus, it's a really good show with a killer theme song!

HOT DOG!

:)

KeithVH

Here's another thought. Do they still retain enough talent with vision to be able to divert enough resources to make anything other than a short in a timely manner?

drnilescrane

Goofy managed to hold up a feature film after a bit of reinvention - a film that has become cult Disney classic. I dont see why Donald and Mickey can't be given a similar chance. Quack Pack was a good concept, it just needed a lack of Eisner-esque intervention.

Piebald

I love A Goofy Movie. It's one of my favorite Disney movies. Although I hate High School Musical, I noticed a lot of the songs from A Goofy Movie remind me of HSM songs.

Although I loved Goofy's movie, I don't think I'd like a Mickey or Donald movie. Like others have mentioned, if it flopped, it'd just be a disaster. From my understanding, A Goofy Movie wasn't exactly box office gold, but it was definitely a fun movie and a cult classic like somebody previously said. They should just start doing some really cool shorts and play them before movies similar to what Pixar does (especially now that Disney owns Pixar).

A Donald movie wouldn't be good in my opinion because part of the gimmick is that it's hard to understand what he is saying. A Donald Duck short on the other hand, would be awesome.

ThumperDude

I vote for an AWESOME cartoon short before the next Disney animated feature.........

Best idea yet, I agree. But for any Disney pic, not just for an animated one. And in this day and age it should be a Pixar CG short.
Jungle Cruise? I must have missed something. Are they thinking of making a feature length film? Or is there an old one I have not seen?

dazzer68

hmm i think the disney company think 'less is more'
you dont really see much mickey mouse anything any where,you think of how much winnie stuff is in the disney stores, comics, kids products etc.
mickey mouse is kept pretty elusive, which i dont think is a bad thing, its stops him dating and being overmerchandised(stitch anyone)
Although the 3d computer animated christams dvd that came out a few years ago was fantastic! to see all the charcaters in 3d and not flat!

joelleharbert

Actually, I think my kids would rather go to the movies and see a Mickey movie than some of the other stuff that Disney (and Pixar) have put out recently. But, I can understand the whole risk thing. Disney doesn't want a bomb at the box office starring the big cheese himself.

New2WDW

I like the tie-in with Tommorrowland in the previews of "Meet the Robinsons". Maybe use the Fab-5 in a movie set in the Magic Kingdom, maybe even a neat little mystery so when kids see it they not only are seeing the main characters but the Magic Kingdom as well. Then the kiddies want to go to Disney to see it and with multiple characters involved you would not single out just Mickey. :lookaroun Just a thought!

JimboJones123

I actuall liked the CG Mickey from the WDW commercials a few years back that were in "the real world". The colors were VERY muted and much more Earthtony. It looked REALLY COOL. Something like this with the concept of the Dinosaur Film/CG mix may be cool. Just don't Roger Rabbit it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom