What Happened To Innoventions???

Scooter

Original Poster
Didn't Innoventions use to be a Sci-Tech Museum?

When I went in there last October it seems like all I saw was Disney Video Games and booths set up to sell me something.

I remember years ago that there used to be alot of hands on science related gadgets and gizmos to boggle the mind and amuse the park guests.

It seems to me that I remember spending hours in there playing with all the hands on exhibits.

Now I just run in and out of there to escape the heat and rain.

Is this just a case of me growing up or does anyone think this place is "Not what it used to be"?

WDWHeadBanger

I think that one side (east or west I cant remember) is like pretty much video games and what not, and the other is inventions and what not. I am not 100 percent sure or anything.

zabeans

I always remembered part of innoventions having way too many video games 6+ years ago. Part of it always reminded me of a huge arcade because there were so many games. Now it seems they have sectioned most of them off into one main room.

Also, I think innoventions just started getting more science related stuff very recently. I was there end of February, and it wasn't, unless I didn't see it then. Last weekend I noticed they had a lot of magnifying setups for kids to learn about and look at things. Plus all those exhibits that are interactive with the vaccum cleaners, slamming doors, trying to smash a t.v.

Plus a lot of one of the innventions(West maybe?) was cloed off to refurbishment. Do not know what's going there, I'm sure it's covered in someone else's post on here.

Mateo1721

I think it has lost its edge. None of the exhibits really focus on real innovation, just advertising the latest games and the newest products for your home. If it was updated a little more often, it might be a little better, but most of the technology on showcase isn't really that new.

speck76

I thought it was much better when it first opened, although very video game heavy. I thought it had lost its edge when I toured "the house of innoventions" and saw Whirlpools latest models, all of which can be seen at the local Best Buy.

The only thing I really thought was cool in the HoI was the door lock that used fingerprints as the key, and the Jacuzzi tub with the built in TV, although the TV was so large, and the tub so small, you would go blind watching it.

pilka214

as i remember one side was primarily games and such, while the other was like other stuff like the smash lab where u try to smash stuff ( what does this prove cept t.vs are almost indestructible). it isnt like it used to be with all the oooohhhhs and aaahhhhs now it is, i wonder how many months before i can buy that or use it in my home. it needs to focus more on the innovations of science the amazing things that are being discovered,,,, not a segway.

maxime29

Premium Member
I loved the Motion simulator ride there, along with the 10 person Daytona USA game. I assume they tell you to go to DisneyQuest if you want to play games etc...

The attraction has become a waste of space over the past couple years. I hope something is improved upon.

lebernadin

This person has a good page on Communicore, the original expo of the space that is now Innoventions.

Its always had sponsored exhibits. I just think the combination of:

1) Being a kid and caring less about marketing and more about "how cool" the thing in front of you is at the moment.

2) Advances in marketing that make sure you leave an area being aware of who produces what products that you just walked through at 3mph.

3) Being greedy and allowing Sega so much useless space.

....leads to the idea that the original Communicore was better.

I really can't say if it was better, because i was 9. But other than the huge game area i don't think the new products that are being displayed are a downgrade from what i can see in the pictures and the really vague memory i have of it.

Since1976

<b>"Didn't Innoventions used to be Communicore?"</b>

I only think fondly of Communicore because I met a cute girl my age while playing with one of the exhibits...It was 1990. I never found out her name...

Ah, to be 13 again...

BenS

Re: sucks

Originally posted by civileng68
Doesn't anyone think Innoventions sucks now?
I somewhat agree with you. It seems more like a big infomercial and public service announcement now. The only part that still seems worthwhile for me is the house of the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom