What happened to Innoventions?!

Rosenrot

Original Poster
When I was in Epcot <3 eight years ago, one of my favourite parts was Innoventions - two large buildings FULL of PCs and video games, with a few other strange technological gadgets.

I was really looking forward to spending my last few hours in there playing video games until my eyes fell out - typical.

But when I got there...there was only ONE video game that I could find in the entirity of BOTH buildings - and it was Cars. I do NOT like that movie o_O

What happened to the rooms full of video games? Innoventions has really, really...changed o_O And I wasn't impressed with the new set-up.

davewasbaloo

When I was in Epcot <3 eight years ago, one of my favourite parts was Innoventions - two large buildings FULL of PCs and video games, with a few other strange technological gadgets.

I was really looking forward to spending my last few hours in there playing video games until my eyes fell out - typical.

But when I got there...there was only ONE video game that I could find in the entirity of BOTH buildings - and it was Cars. I do NOT like that movie o_O

What happened to the rooms full of video games? Innoventions has really, really...changed o_O And I wasn't impressed with the new set-up.

If you want video games, go to Disney Quest. Innoventions is supposed to be about new inventions coming down the tracks.

Rosenrot

Original Poster
....it's just strange that its different than what it used to be. I mean, besides games, it used to have some really awesome things in it as well, like a few simulators and such.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. But I miss it.

And you have to pay to go to DisneyQuest...that's one thing I wasn't allowed to do.

Whatever. Just my opinion.

jedimaster1227

The videogame area in Innoventions used to be my favorite are within the dual-sided complex, just because it was the only thing worth doing there. The videogame center used to be composed of a few rooms with different Sega Dreamcast games. Now, the Dreamcast has long been dead and will never come back to life (contrary to popular belief), and the fact that they kept the Dreamcast inside of Innoventions for a good 5 years really shows how poorly it had been kept. Finally, it was changed to use a different console, but less systems are available for use, and they all play Disney branded games.

MiceysBestPal

....it's just strange that its different than what it used to be.

If you think its different from 8-10 years ago... try seeing it from the perspective of someone who visited in the 1980's.

These buildings were part of "Communicore" and had robots (industrial and others), and other cutting-edge technology of the time.
It even had a show based on revealing how the central computers were employed to run the theme-park attractions.

You also could make daily reservations at all of the Epcot TS restaurants using a two-way video-link allowing you to see/converse with CMs at the reservation center.

Technology changes very quickly.
Today's "Gee Whiz" is tomorrow's "Yawn".
It would be silly to think that a video game area would be "innovative" in Epcot when the consoles at the resort's game rooms are just as "cutting edge."

Today's Wii is tomorrow's Atari.

Mansion Butler

....it's just strange that its different than what it used to be. I mean, besides games, it used to have some really awesome things in it as well, like a few simulators and such.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. But I miss it.

And you have to pay to go to DisneyQuest...that's one thing I wasn't allowed to do.

Whatever. Just my opinion.

It's not just you, but also Innoventions is ever changing. I would expect it's natural that some versions are going to be more interesting than others just based on what's available for showing.

the-reason14

I remember innoventions back in my day(the 90s) it was cool. The sega games, and then that simulater thing were nice for the time, but even then seemed dated for a pavilion devoted to new inovative inventions.

Its ok now, but I see why they had to change it.

Tink in Pink

Hmmm, haven't been to Epcot in a while so i can't say i've seen the difference. But Innoventions was awesome the way it was, especially the video game part. If it's changed, i'm suing someone. Lol, maybe not but it is a disappointment.

MickeyJman06

you said your eyes are mostly gone after you play the video games
maybe your eyes were to weak to find the other games!:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom