What happened to Disneyland Paris? Next time I'm off to Florida.

kirstenoel

Original Poster
I recently returned from my ninth trip to Disneyland Paris and I can tell you it's nothing like it used to be. I've always said the thing that makes Disney different from the rest is the friendly staff (cast members) who really get into their roles and act the part at the attractions, but this visit I don't think I saw a single cast member smile or make polite conversation - they all seemed so miserable.
I was looking forward to Captain EO but it was closed for unscheduled refurbishment. Phantom Manor, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves and Cinemagique were also closed. The sound system wasn't working on Rock n Roller Coaster and Crush's Coaster was closed for most of the week as well.
Disneyland Paris used to be sparkling clean everywhere - even the toilets - but this is slack as well recently and it is a lot less busy than it used to be. On the upside, this means no queues for rides and attractions and we didn't have to book for dinner anywhere because the restaurants were all empty.

The reason I said I'm off to Orlando next time is because we travel from Jersey and since the cancellation of the direct flight from Jersey to CDG airport (a one hour flight), it took us 8 hours to travel to Disneyland Paris...the same amount of time it takes to get to the USA. There is much more to do in the US as well and the cost really isn't that much different.

I'd love to give Disneyland Paris 5 stars as it used to be my favourite holiday destination but I really feel the Disney magic has gone. They seriously need to look at their marketing and appeal to different age groups because it's not just for kids - the thrill rides are brilliant. DLRP also needs to sort out some more shows similar to the Lion King, Tarzan and even the Mulan shows they used to have because aside from the parades, there is no entertainment in the parks.

DisneyRoxMySox

I think they might be doing a few things for the 20th Anniversary. Small touch ups here and there. I think the problem is they just don't have the money to do what needs to be done over there.

As for the Cast Members, I always thought DLP was hit and miss. Maybe you just went on a day with all miss.

Bolna

I am sorry that you did not have such a great experience.

Especially since I had one of my best trips to DLP just this past March. I was amazed how friendly and generally outgoing most of the CMs were. And I did not find one dirty toilets. While in the past I was often disappointed about exactly these two things. I remember especially a trip in 2003 where I came back with a similar feeling you had this past trip. So maybe it was just bad luck?

I can understand that it is annoying if attractions are closed, but I think it is great that they are doing lots of refurbishments for the 20th anniversary. So hopefully the park will look fantastic then. No sound on R'nRC however is not good! We had the same problem on Space Mountain.

Bastia 33

Dlp is in a situation financiere catastrophic,the magic disappeared from the park for year.My first visits was in 92 and my last for Halloween in October, and it's a very bad viste, there is not magic anymore in DLP.:cry:

kirstenoel

Original Poster
Yeah maybe it was just a bad week. I visited last year and the year before that but this time was just miserable. My cousin just returned from DLP last week and he said the same thing - there's no magic anymore. I'm saving up for Orlando now - never disappoints!!! :D

meva

Four of us went just before Xmas and weren't enormously impressed. The hotel staff were rude, most of the park cast members were pretty disinterested and the toilets were disgusting.
The music wasn't working on space mountain or the RnR coaster and they didn't open a lot of the rides until an hour after park opening.
Walt would not have been happy.

goldswas

disneyland paris

I totally agree. We went to Disneyland Paris last monday for 2 days. I've been to Orlando 4 times and absolutely love it, but I hated Paris and couldn't wait to get home.

In Disney studios there was so little open or working that we did every thing we could in just over an hour. The restaurants and take away stalls were all closed except one, which was so packed we couldn't get a seat, which I would never expect in March. We decided to go to the disneyland park instead and most of the restaurants there were closed as well. So were all the mens toilets. The ladies were just filthy. We had to leave the park in the end for my husband to find a toilet.

Also several of the rides in the disneyland park were closed. The Disneyland railroad didn't open until 12.30. The ticket for 2 days cost £99. I feel totally ripped off. Will never go to France again.

We will only go to Orlando in future.

Sharon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom