What happen to Mr. Potato Head?

ExtinctJenn

Has there been any confirmation that Potato Head is going to return once the land opens? It seems lots of folks believe he was removed for the addition of the second track but, he had been gone way before that was even a thing so... I'm curious if anything has been said officially at this point.

peter11435

Has there been any confirmation that Potato Head is going to return once the land opens? It seems lots of folks believe he was removed for the addition of the second track but, he had been gone way before that was even a thing so... I'm curious if anything has been said officially at this point.
He was not removed before the third track project was begun.

ExtinctJenn

He was not removed before the third track project was begun.
Apologies, you are correct, his removal was just ahead of the construction beginning (he was removed in late 2015). What I meant to reference was the fact that he was essentially in "B Mode" for quite some time ahead of that (as if he had stopped functioning as originally thought). Still, my question remains... has there been anything official about his return?

peter11435

Apologies, you are correct, his removal was just ahead of the construction beginning (he was removed in late 2015). What I meant to reference was the fact that he was essentially in "B Mode" for quite some time ahead of that (as if he had stopped functioning as originally thought). Still, my question remains... has there been anything official about his return?
The figure itself did not stop functioning in a mode. They just stopped operating it in A mode.

J. D.

I hope my intel is incorrect, but I had heard he wasn't returning.

:(

Kman101

He should have been put in the box or whatever they design to serve as the front of the new Mania entrance, barking at guests to join the line. Can't you see him in Disneyland's line from outside?

Did they really swap him with Wheezy?

Walter Elias Disney

He should have been put in the box or whatever they design to serve as the front of the new Mania entrance, barking at guests to join the line. Can't you see him in Disneyland's line from outside?

Mr. Potato Head will return with the opening of Toy Story Land. He will be featured outside the Toy Story Midway Mania ride.

You’ll get to see nearly every Toy Story character.

A lot of surprise ones, like Wheezy — who’s never been in the parks before — will be incorporated into Slinky Dog Dash, along with character meet-and-greets with Buzz, Woody, Jessie and others. Mr. Potato Head will remain as part of Toy Story Mania!’s queue, and Sarge will run a boot camp that spans the length Toy Story Land, bringing entertainment and little vignettes throughout

J. D.

Mr. Potato Head will return with the opening of Toy Story Land. He will be featured outside the Toy Story Midway Mania ride.

A lot of surprise ones, like Wheezy — who’s never been in the parks before — will be incorporated into Slinky Dog Dash, along with character meet-and-greets with Buzz, Woody, Jessie and others. Mr. Potato Head will remain as part of Toy Story Mania!’s queue, and Sarge will run a boot camp that spans the length Toy Story Land, bringing entertainment and little vignettes throughout
Hope you're right.

Kman101

Thank you!

dlr74

Wheezy is not an interactive audio-animatronic figure in the way Mr. Potato Head is. MPH is able to interact with the audience and speak to individual guests, whereas it seems like Wheezy is simply stationed at the ending of the Slinky Dog coaster singing while you pass by him. (Think of the ending of 7DMT and passing by the cottage at the end)

Also, with Disneyland's Pixar Pier renovation, the queue that once was directly in front of MPH is being removed so that guests walking by the area can approach him rather than guests waiting in line.

At Hollywood Studios, from what I understand, MPH is returning with TSL and will also be out front barking at guests to join the line, just as you said

TabulaRasa

The only problem I can see regarding his return is the jarring scale issue. If we are meant to be shrunk down the the size of a green army man, MPH is way too small. Not that they’ve been following this as a hard rule, but with MPH it would be glaring.

Phil12

I heard that too many guests complained about too much IP integration at DHS so Disney has decided that they needed a new sponsor to help defray the costs in Toy Story Land. They've signed a deal with an Italian firm called Fimar that makes commercial food processing equipment. Fimar is going to have one of their huge machines peeling Mr. Potato Head in front of Toy Story Midway Mania and selling various potato products (fries, chips, etc.) at their concession stand:

Also, this potato peeler uses so much water that they had to build a new retention pond at DHS.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom