What goes on in the Comedy Warehouse?

...and dont say "comedy", haha. Ok, when Im in WDW this thursday this will be the first time ill be old enough to enjoy PI and I'm a huge stand-up/improv comedy fan as well as a comedian myself. So i was wondering what exactly goes in this place. are there like nightly comedy shows? is it on going or starts at certain times? ive heard theres improv but is there stand-up? are there any open mics or anything? what are the best nights to go? any and all info would be most appreciated!!!

lawyergirl77

Ducky_Love said:
LOL- I have seen strollers going into the 1am show! I do think you are supposed to be there w/ someone over 18.. but as long as you behave I think this rule is bent often.

The shows can get a little naughty later in the evening. I would think the 8:15 show is okay for all ages. Later in the evening the audience starts screaming out some dirty things!
Yes, but then the piano player lets loose with a twinkly "when you wish upon a star" whenever people in the audience forget they're in WDW (For which they provide a reminder at the start of every show)... Every time I've been there, they haven't taken the audience's naughtier suggestions. Except for one memorable instance involving a plunger (don't ask). It's at times like that that I wish that they only let in the over 18 crowd for the later shows so that they wouldn't have to keep things PG-13 at ALL times!

Upvote 0

Ducky_Love

lawyergirl77 said:
Yes, but then the piano player lets loose with a twinkly "when you wish upon a star" whenever people in the audience forget they're in WDW (For which they provide a reminder at the start of every show)... Every time I've been there, they haven't taken the audience's naughtier suggestions.

I'm normally there for 12+ shows a week.. trust me it gets pretty raunchy (even early in the evening) and not all of the piano players are as helpful as Carol. Not to say I don't love it! Besides, if someone takes their kids to a bar.....

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Ducky_Love said:
I'm normally there for 12+ shows a week.. trust me it gets pretty raunchy (even early in the evening) and not all of the piano players are as helpful as Carol. Not to say I don't love it! Besides, if someone takes their kids to a bar.....
Awesome!!! Not that I think that raunchy always = funny, but whenever I've seen a show I have always wished that they weren't so restrictive. Granted, I stopped going as a result after May 2004, so looks like I'm going to have to go back this trip!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom