what gets you ready for your next trip??

dixiegirl

ok i'll say sorry now if it was already asked but, what do you do to get ready for your next trip?? and how soon do you start??month ahead? week ? whatever it may be? also what gets you xcited about your upcoming trip gets you in that( OH MY GOD I"M LEAVING SOON) disney mode?? pics from last trip songs, movies?? what is it??

yahooo!!!!!!! 45 more days..... :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

nicholas

I usually start planning (not in great detail, mind you) about a month to two months ahead. Usually don't even have a trip scheduled any further ahead than that.

I'll start by picking dates, and then by decided which parks to visit on which day. I base that decision on park hours, early entry days, fireworks schedules, etc.

Then as I get closer (maybe a few weeks out) I start getting more specific and plan some Priority Seatings if I decide to go that route.

As for what gets me in the mood I (hold it right there, you dirty minded people), I'm never really not in the mood. I've always got my iPod queued up to be playing WDW music and whatnot, so always have that in the background.

6 more days for me! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

jojoyner55

I am leaving tomorrow for my second solo trip this year. :lookaroun. I still can't believe it! :hammer: But my beautiful wife, who does not share my WDW obsession has humoured me with an annual pass and a gift for my birthday (which is tomorrow) - 5 nights at the Pop Century at the AP rate at the least busy time of the year - and I was just there in June. Boy! can I get used to this! Is anybody else going to be there 22 - 26 Sep? be glad to meet up with 'ya. But hey! I GOING TO DISNEYWORLD! Tomorrow! God, I love that place :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

I'm in the mood for WDW... Simply because it's a day that ends in Y!

I usually start planning my next trip as I'm leaving from my previous one, which can be a year or 2 away!

I start by reading just about every guidebook I can, cover to cover. This site and other site searches help keep me on track too. I usually have Disney music (from parks and movies) playing all the time.

One of the things I do in advance is make a list of things I'm going to take with me. That way, I can stock up on things early when they go on sale/clearance, if I need anything.

I also start walking for at LEAST 1/2 an hour a day. Got to get those feet in shape for all those miles I log at WDW (my hubby and I have logged 10-13 miles in a single day before!)

I also start a movie marathon, boning up on all my movies or watching the Disney Channel in my spare time. I really turn it into a project! I love planning/dreaming way ahead of time. It makes it all the sweeter when I actually get there! :sohappy: My plans usually change quite a few times between now and then. I'll re-write them as many times as I need to. In the end, they just become "guidelines" anyway and we usually use it as a skeleton to build the memories which are the meat of our vacation.

I also get a calendar and start writing on a daily count down in my own special style. See, for me, you don't count the day you are currently living, becuase you're in it. And you don't count the day before you leave, because that's called "tomorrow", so my count down is always just a "tad" shorter (or feels it!). :)

Have a great trip guys. I won't be there for over 400 days still.

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

- Looking at pics from previous trips
- Watching video from past trips
- Listening to music loops and other audio/video (not necessarily my own)
- Reading other people's trip reports
- Visiting fan sites such as this one
- Writing down a list of things that I definately want to see/do

Upvote 0

LouDisney

I am the same as LadyDarling. I am thinking about my next trip on my way home from Disney.

I start with when I want to go and then where I want to stay and then it goes from there. The planning process begins, and I plan and do what I can.

I make a list of things I will need to do throughout the year.

I get my daily Disney fix, by listening to LIve 365 and my Disney cd's at work and around the house.
I watch my DVD's and The Disney Channel.
I visit fan sites/messageboards.
I will have a calender with my countdown on it, to look at each day.
Gotta love reading trip reports.
I look at my pictures constantly

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Original Poster
yes ladydarling i have to laugh at how you count your days till you leave, my husband does the same thing...he never counts the day we are in or even the week we leave , we are laeving on a friday he does'nt count that week because we're leaving that week so it does'nt count.. i just had to laugh ..cuz i though he was the only one..lol

Upvote 0

Orian7

I start out by watching the 1993 WDW Vacation Planner presented by Delta. I know this is way out of date but it always gets me in the Disney mood. After this I make all of my PS reservations and watch the same video again. I just love the professional way this video was made. 62 days to go.

Upvote 0

celticdog

I make lists of things to pack, things to organize, I make tentative itineraries and then change them again and again, all while listening to Disney cd's. I check and re-check Disney.com for updates, I check here for updates. I watch all the old planning videos.

44 days :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

shari71

I buy all the current guides (which my husband teases me about - since we go each year). I particularly buy the PassPorter because it has planning pages, which are a mess now because I have changed the plans so much.

This is the first year I have really planned it out due to all the PS we have. This week I printed out the iteneraries and then laminated them so they will survive the wet rides.

I make a list of everything we need for everyone on the trip so I can start buying supplies or figure out what we might need that is new.

I start watching this site feverishly for rehabs and all the latest on what is going on.

Pull out the recordings from the Travel Channel and watch them over 20 times.

Listen to Disney music.

Plot out what I have to buy - Mickey ear hats with names on them, Disney crayons for the preschoolers, Mickey's Pal Pluto Cinnamons :slurp:

Ordering TripTiks from AAA

I am a nut for Disney so I could go on and on. I don't stop thinking about it until it is over. Take a month off then start all over again. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Pippa

Yes I count the days as well, I think it must be about 600 as my next trip will be October 2006!!

I love buying my toiletries, checking the airlines website to see what films I'll be watching during the flight, buying new clothes and I even enjoy dieting beforehand so I can put on the extra pounds without too much guilt!!

Upvote 0

Raven66

We were going to go in August 2005, but I couldn't stand it so I moved up to May. So we will make our reservations in about a month or so. I read all the guides and talk about it until my family wants to leave me. I try to catch all the Travel Channel specials. Watch the planning videos. This year we are flying so I've been checking for airfare prices. And about 2 months out, my daughter and I make a countdown calendar. We cut pictures out of the Disney catalogs and paste them to paper with the numbers going backwards. :D I make lists and buy things. It's just madness, I tell ya. :lookaroun May is still too far away, but I'm hoping time moves quickly. :cry:

jojoyner55...........HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Glasgow

I start by trying to convince my wife that we need to go back. I've already been all over the world and she has only been out of the country once, so she always wants to go somewhere new while I want to go back to WDW :)

As for your first question, I start planning about a year beforehand .. planning is the best part!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom