what EXACTLY is a preffered room at a value resort?

alisonwonderlnd

do i get fluffier pillows?
better toilet roll?extra shamoos?i see there is a standard room
and for a bit more,,,,,preffered
i know its east to nickel and dime anything to death,,,,BUT is it worth it?
its not MUCH more,,,but over a 7 day stay,,,,does one need thatt?
with limited funds,,,thats shopping money,,,dining,,,extra ticket....etc
if you have stayed in both,,,,please help
and NO to me there is no such thing as too minute a detail
Im not asking anyone to type till they are tired
but anything will help
blue carpet vs orange...one room stinks,,,has better lighting
ANYTHING

freediverdude

The preferred rooms used to be considered all the rooms in the 2 buildings by the main pool at each resort. But then a few years ago they changed it, and they base it on location, how far the room is from the main check-in/food court building. Some rooms in the buildings by the main pool qualify and some don't. And some rooms in other buildings now are considered preferred based on their location relative to the main building.

All-Star Music is different in that it has a much longer layout than the other 2 All-Star resorts or Pop. So yes if you are in the back of All-Star Music, that is a longer walk than any other value resort room. So it's possible the preferred might be worth it if you're staying at the Music. The other resorts not so much though, they are all spread out more in a semi-circle so no room is all that far.

Upvote 0

alisonwonderlnd

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!!!
You all had excellent points.the cab ride regardless of the room is an idea worth having.
we may drive there...may notdepends on gas prices vs airfare at the time.
But even then driving in and out if the parks seems awful

Upvote 0

hankhill

Driving is underrated. now our kids are older and we live where we are up on the road at 4 and we are there that night by 8 or 9. For the four of us its cheaper to drive. We take transportation at the worst time of the year (Christmas week) and never have a problem. We have driven in and out of the parks and its not awful at all. Its all in what you make it.

Upvote 0
We have taken a cab and they drove around the resort to what appeared to be the closest to our building and it turned out to be a far a walk as if he dropped as at the lobby. It just ended up costing more money for the extra ride around the resort.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Driving is underrated. now our kids are older and we live where we are up on the road at 4 and we are there that night by 8 or 9. For the four of us its cheaper to drive. We take transportation at the worst time of the year (Christmas week) and never have a problem. We have driven in and out of the parks and its not awful at all. Its all in what you make it.

Totally agree, the parking attendants do a great job at crowd control. The parking lots are a breeze, in my experience.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom