What does this gesture mean??

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

Just people having fun, next yr it will something even more silly , to you and me it maybe dumb, but in 10 yrs when they look back on their pics, they will laugh.

Yeah, I think it’s not so much “craving attention” or “idiots”.. just harmless fun. Parents now have cameras on their phones.. our children are the most over-photographed generation of all time.. can we really blame them for striking a silly pose? ;)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Haha... that's called dabbing. It's sort of like whipping that was popular a few years ago. Just some meaningless gesture that kids like to do... I think it was started by Cam Newton, the Carolina Panthers quarterback

I also want to punch him square in the face for making that crap a thing...

KraftServices

Dabbing has singlehandedly ruined the dance cam at hockey games. It's "harmless fun" but it looks stupid and I'm tired of seeing it. For the life of me I can't figure out why people think it looks cool to pose like they were giving a Nazi salute but then had to sneeze politely into their elbow.

But to each his own.

DfromATX

I have never heard of dabbing until this thread today! And guess what? My life will continue to go on! :joyfull:

JIMINYCR

obpicfFcfKx.png

Back in the 70's we didn't waste time on dabbing or planking. We STREAKED, and that made a statement!

Brought to mind the Ray Stevens song.... The Streak
Oh, yes, they call him the Streak
(Look at that, look at that)
The fastest thing on two feet
He's just as proud as he can be
Of his anatomy
He's gonna give us a peek
Who's that with him?
Ethel? Is that you, Ethel?
What do you think you're
doin'? You git your
clothes on!

21stamps

obpicfFcfKx.png

Brought to mind the Ray Stevens song.... The Streak
Oh, yes, they call him the Streak
The fastest thing on two feet
He's just as proud as he can be
Of his anatomy
He's gonna give us a peek
Who's that with him?
Ethel? Is that you, Ethel?
What do you think you're
doin'? You git your
clothes on!

Omg. I’m going to print that photo out and put in a box, wrapped in pretty shiny paper, with pretty shiny ribbons and bows, and gift it to my son.

correcaminos

Spinners actually have some benefit to people with conditions like ADD.
I realize that - that's how the stupid trend got started. People who needed them for ADD and other issues like autism, had them and then everyone wanted them. They are fantastic for those who need them but not for those who don't. They became a huge issue in my kid's 3rd grade class last year. Stupid how popular they became for those who don't need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom