What do you want to see in the rumored Tron ride?

What do I want to see in a Tron ride?

A more cohesive storyline. Starting with the queue, an interactive arcade element introducing us to the TRON arcade cabinet. A plot where we're sucked into the game and must battle light cycle players to escape. A finale. Basically an understood beginning, middle and end. A purpose.
Exactly!

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member

Shame Imagineering isn't reworking the Shanghi port to include a more in-depth storyline. It's like they got so far as to decorate a coaster to the Tron IP and then called it done. This seems to be a common trend with how Disney themes their coasters as of late. Big Thunder vs Slinky Dog Dash. Rock'n Rollercoaster vs Lightcycle Power Run.

lazyboy97o

Shame Imagineering isn't reworking the Shanghi port to include a more in-depth storyline. It's like they got so far as to decorate a coaster to the Tron IP and then called it done. This seems to be a common trend with how Disney themes their coasters as of late. Big Thunder vs Slinky Dog Dash. Rock'n Rollercoaster vs Lightcycle Power Run.
Tomorrowland was led by the same guy who didn’t seem concerned with the Mark VII monorails having proper ventilation or fitting on their beamway.

msg7

Well, a few months ago on MickeyViews, a Youtube channel, the infamous alleged "Imagineer" said a minor change in the track layout may be coming... I don't fully buy the rumor but, it's definitely possible.

Dvcreservations

Well, a few months ago on MickeyViews, a Youtube channel, the infamous alleged "Imagineer" said a minor change in the track layout may be coming... I don't fully buy the rumor but, it's definitely possible.

Seeing how they altered the toy story track layout from what was proposed, minor may turn major. We will have to see. Dog dash would have been so cool going down into the original ground cutouts. Hope they don’t cut corners for tron.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I'm really hoping it's not a copy paste version of the one in Shanghai, but we all know that the chances of this happening are high.

Usually when a second version of something comes around, it's usually better.

Purr_Meow

I really do hope it's like the Shanghai Disneyland one. It seems recently that most parks have been doing dark rides and I'm getting kind of tired of it. I like that the one in Shanghai has that entire outside area that looks really cool!

lazyboy97o

I really do hope it's like the Shanghai Disneyland one. It seems recently that most parks have been doing dark rides and I'm getting kind of tired of it. I like that the one in Shanghai has that entire outside area that looks really cool!
It will be almost exactly like the one in Shanghai.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There is really no discussion here, Disney has clearly said it's the ride from Shanghai...

1521736920670.png

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...gic-kingdom-park-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm curious to know what everyone would want to see in this rumored Tron ride/attraction. I'll start off by saying while I don't know what it is or will be, I would LOVE to see Journey's "Only Solutions" and "1990s Theme" from the original film, which were specifically written for it, featured somehow in the attraction. It might even be every Journey fan's dream come true: to see some of Journey's lesser known songs get recognition!

Me, thats it.

Berret

In the Parks
No
Well, the Siren they showed in the video speaking Chinese would be pretty cool, but I'm sure they'll have an English-speaking one for the Tomorrowland one. Pity.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom