What do you want me to do next?

What would you like to see in my next dream resort?

• Originality: 95% original lands, attractions, and so on, little to no clones, a la Shanghai.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Clones: Nothing but clones with slight revisions, a la Tokyo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unique Twists: Unique twists on a large scale to classic attractions and lands.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Half in Half: 50% originality, 50% clones; the clones of course will have changes.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
It's been quite awhile since my last project on these boards, and I say it's fine time to come out of retirement and get back to work!

In my time on WDWMagic, I've done plenty of dream resorts and open brainstorming threads, but being completely honest, I have not ever completed one. :(

That being said, I'd truly like to buckle down and complete one for once in my life! But first, I'd like to hear some opinions. What would you like to see in my next dream resort? New parks? Twisted Magic Kingdoms? Clones? Originality? You name it. I want to hear what you have to say. Voting will end ten days from today.

spacemt354

Chili's
What is a Man Eating Wreath? Did you have a horrible Christmas dream?
I believe that's a reference to the Nightmare Before Christmas

(pic from Haunted Mansion Holiday)
latest

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
What is a Man Eating Wreath? Did you have a horrible Christmas dream?

Exactly what spacemt354 said, it's a reference to the funniest gag in Nightmare.

Right now Half in Half is leading the running with 9 votes, Originality is in second with 4 votes, and Unique Twists is in third with 3. As a happy medium, once the voting process has concluded, I will be catering to the requests of the first and second place winners. Thanks for your outstanding feedback thus far.

TheOriginalTiki

I think repeating an attraction for the most part is lazy with the exception of when said attraction is radically different. A couple big examples would be Phantom Manor and Tokyo's Tower of Terror. "Clones" of previous attractions, but given completely new storylines, set pieces, characters, facade etc. so the whole thing feels new. Those are actually some of the more creative Imagineering projects in my book, when they can make something entirely new out of a "classic" :)

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
As it stands now, Half in Half is winning with nine with Originality in a close seven, so most likely, things are going to be very much like the fabled Mirror Disneyland. It's a shame we don't have that saved anywhere, @TheOriginalTiki.

Roxas, I will find a place for Marvel and Star Wars, just not an entire park dedicated to them, unless something changes in my head in the planning process. I'm already bursting with ideas.

mharrington

Here's something I was thinking, another park in Europe: namely, that German park. Although, in light of the attacks in Paris, I'm a little hesitant to come up with a lot of ideas for right now. However, I was thinking of using the parks in China, both Hong Kong and Shanghai, as a reference. One thing I was thinking of was not necessarily a whole land for Marvel, but maybe a ride based on it. I was thinking of a ride like the upcoming Iron Man simulator in Hong Kong, but in this case, the extraterrestrials would invade, say, Berlin. It could be said that Stark Expo could have a European branch here.

Anyway, that's just one idea.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
My park will most likely be set in America. As of now, I'm looking at Texas, or, I'll go an even wilder route and not give it a specific location at all. The park will definitely take cues from Shanghai especially, as I'm leaning more and more to going down a unique route. This isn't going to be your everyday Magic Kingdom. Right now, Originality is a close 8 to a Half-in-Half with 9, so it's going to be a mix of the two for sure. Expect to see something really special in the near future. I'm very excited about it.

Never fear, this will be a classic Magic Kingdom, just like Shanghai, albeit there will be countless unique and original twists you will not see coming. But don't stop voting and voicing opinions! I'd like to hear what you all would like to see.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Update: Including today, there are seven days of voting left! As it stands, Half in Half continues to push forward with 9 votes, closely followed by Originality with 8, trailed by Unique Twists with 5. Unless a drastic change in voting occurs within the next seven days, it looks like either Originality or Half in Half will prove victorious.

As it stands, I'm already in the rough draft phase of several ideas. Thank you all for your feedback and support thus far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom