What do you think the next park theme should be?

I definitely do think that Disney needs to add more roller coasters, but I think that it should be quality, not quantity. I have always thought of Disney as a park that really was more creative, instead of just cloning the same ride over and over again.

Also, I don't think that a Coaster park would appeal to the younger kids, or the people that aren't coaster freaks.

Upvote 0

ThirdEye

How about a park with rides showing bad acid trips. Like remember World of Motion those rooms where you look down a tunnel and see spinning lights...How about a park with rides influenced by drugs... Isnt that disney park fashion...you know kid appropriate :lookaroun

::waits to get flamed::

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

I'm holding out for Disney's Old School.

You could have Horizons and World of Motion side by side again and then you could see the Original Journey Into Imagination along with Journey Into YOUR Imagination
:)lol: Sorry I think I'm the only person in the world that actually liked it). There would be Mr. Toad's Wild Ride right next to 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. And of course the center piece would be Alien Encounter.

Hey A guy can dream can't he? :lol:

Actually I would rather see expansions in the current parks before they start building new ones. Remember there should never be more parks than days of the week :lol:

Upvote 0

kgallag808

I am new to this site so I am all too happy to talk about one of my favorite subjects. I would have to say that I hope they do not make any new parks but concentrate on improving the ones we have now. Magic Kingdom and Epcot to me are already perfect but I would love to see more done with AK. So many things you can do with an animal park. I actually can't wait to see AK in another 10 years. But to play along I would have to say a Villains park would be great. Maybe a black dungy looking castle as a center point. Could model it after the castle in Sleeping beauty and have a thrill ride underneath. Sorta like a ride through caverns with dragons and such. Just a thought :D

Upvote 0

flyersmv

I think that Disney Villians/Heros would be the best for WDW. I would be kool with a dark villains castle on one side and on the other side a heros castle. There would be more oppurtunitis for thrill rides as well as less tame rides.

The idea of Disney Old Skool suxxxx :hurl: disney got rid of these rides for a reason.....obviously they would never have gotten rid of them if so many people liked them. .....:hammer:

Oh and what is the idea behind Disney seas.....is it like a SeaWorld type park??? or sumthin different???:veryconfu

Upvote 0

dae_woods

Re: new park

Originally posted by civileng68
First I say the new park should be the removal of Disneyland Paris. Sell it, take the cash and put it into finishing and paying off AK.

After that they should do a "retro Park". Gear the park towards the old Mickey (Steamboat) and the older characters. Only thing is: do it in all black and white! Create a premier attraction called "Steamboat Willy".

Do all rides based on old black and white cartoons.

Superb idea!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dae_woods

Maybe I should have added, to keep Disney afloat, they will sooner or later have to stoop themselves to the level of any generic park (with the Disney pazazz of course). Villains would probably be best bet because it would attract the non-disney fans to that park to keept themselves at the top of every market. Then that park could steal some of the guests from the BIG 3 (MK, Epcot, Studios) and give some swinging room for us true fans.

Upvote 0

cloudboy

A Park based on Disney Villians? What would you do with Eisnerland?

I think something totally different...remember that game Myst? I am not talking about the puzzle parts, but make these really off the wall fantastic worlds, and put rides in them. It probably wouldn't have a lot to do with the regular Disney characters, but why does it have to?

Either that or a small Tron-based park...

I really like the idea of the Myths - I think that is most practical. you can have Roman/Greek Myths, Myths of Asia, Myths of Africa, Myths of Scandanavia (Vikings and such) and Myths of the American Indians.

Upvote 0

jrriddle

I've done a little thinking about a Disney Hero & Villians Park.
They could go Castle Crazy!
Here's some of the things I came up with:

The Beast's Castle with the Beauty and the Beast AA show they had planned for DLP.
Triton's Castle from Disney Seas with the Little Mermaid Dark Ride also from DLP.
The Great Wall of China coaster from Westcot themed to Mulan.
A Cruella De Vil Dark ride in that crazy car of her's sort of an updated Toad's Wild Ride.
A REAL Aladdin Dark Ride on a Magic Carpet suspended from above like Peter Pan.
A Hercules Dark Ride about a ride through Hades.
A Pocahontas Jungle Cruise, but in canoes through North America.
The Atlantis Coaster (I like that movie)
A Villian's "Main Street" themed to Pleasure Island from Pinocchio
Capt Hook's Ship
The Ursula "Dumbo Ride" from Disney Seas
And of course Villians Mountain!

Upvote 0

Micca

How about a Disney music park? There are lots of possibilities of varied attractions based on famous Disney songs. Plenty of opportunities for shows, parades, restaurants, etc. It could have thrill rides, tame stuff for the kiddies, I'm sure you could even incorporate the Villains. They could call it Tune Town:animwink:

Upvote 0

WendyDarling

I think a Disney Heros and Villians is a good idea. Or one based on Disney movies. I watching Finding Nemo the other day and a ride based on the EAC would be cool. And when I saw The Emperor's New Groove this morning I thought that a ride based on the coaster that brought Yzma and Kronk to the secret lab could make for a cool ride. :)

Upvote 0

cloudboy

Actually, why not have a Disney "characters" park. Looking at Magic Kindgom, with the exception of Fantasy Land all the old rides were not based on the Disney Animated Characters. And een then, the ones in Fantasy Land are really the older classics.

Why not have one park dedicated to the newer disney characters (say the "gasp" Eisner and newer age?)? That way the Magic Kingdom can concentrate on rides that are not based on the movies and instead are new stories, while there can be a whole park dedicated to Animated Features.

Upvote 0

downwitheisner

Originally posted by ThirdEye
How about a park with rides showing bad acid trips. Like remember World of Motion those rooms where you look down a tunnel and see spinning lights...How about a park with rides influenced by drugs... Isnt that disney park fashion...you know kid appropriate :lookaroun

::waits to get flamed::

Sounds good. They just have to hide it in some way, and have an alternative website about it, give it a drug realted name that doesn't sound sound drug related and so on and so forth.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom