What do you think of the Carribbean Beach Resort?

Mickey92

Hi all,

We once stayed at, ages ago, the CBR! We thought it wasn't that great to be honest.. Seemed very basic although if I remember correctly the rooms were nice :) nice styling and colours!

The food however was quite basic, but the chocolate mickey waffles was a BIG hit with myself! But other than that it really did seem basic. We also went to the restaurant there and if I remember correctly, the service and choice on the menu wasn't great :/

I was just wondering what everybody else thinks of the resort?

Thanks,

Tristan

We love the Caribbean Beach Resort, and have stayed there all but once during our many trips to WDW -- and only because we couldn't get in there that time because it was booked. The resort is beautiful, the food court is nice, the pool is terrific, it's close to EPCOT and DS, and we love the rooms and the atmosphere. That said, it is a large resort, so if you're planning to go, remember that you can request a certain island grouping (Martinique, for example, or Jamaica) so you have a shorter walk to the food court and main pool. You can even request a specifric building, if you want.
We've had the chance to stay at other resorts, and have always come back to the Caribbean Beach, for all the reasons mentioned above.
I should also note, in reply to some of the earlier comments in this thread, that the rooms are renovated on a regular basis, and most of them have been redone in just the last few years. We have never had an issue with a room that wasn't up to Disney standards.

Upvote 0

mhaftman7

We will be heading to CBR in April. I stayed there back in the early 90's, so chances are a lot has changed. My family is definitely a beach family so know we will enjoy the atmosphere. We will be staying in the Pirate themed rooms, which supposedly are the furthest away fro OPR. I don't understand being upset about having a long walk. You are at Disney. The majority of your day is walking. We were going to stay at ASMo, but the difference in price was less than $200, so we decided to upgrade. I'll be sure to give a full report when we get back.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom