what do you think of disney photo pass???

winterparkbaby

Original Poster
We spent part of last week at wdw and was very happy with the photo pass concept. came home and was able to see the pics. had almost 30 pics of the trip on my one pass.

totally changed my views of the photographers that they have in the park. we actually seeked them out so we could have our picture taken.

just curious of what everyone else thought.

mandib

Could you explain exactly how it works? I'm sort of confused. Do you get a number for each picture? Is it the same one on the slip they give you? Can you still get the special frames and such? Thanks for the info!

winterparkbaby

Original Poster
the first time one of the disney photographers take your picture they swipe a plastic credit card like card and give it to you. everytime you get your pic taken by a disney photographer you give them your card and all photographers have this little machine and they swipe it, so no matter which park you are in all your pictures are compiled on this card in their system. you can still look at your pics before you leave the park, however, I am too tired to spend the time at the end of a long day.

the cool thing about this is, when you get home you go to disneyphotopass.com and enter the number on the back of your card and there are all of your pics, you then have 60 days to order them. they then will mail them to you.

i think this is a great idea.

PhotoDave219

Photogs at Epcot are all part of Disney's Photo Imaging as well as those at MGM shooting the Incredibles. (White shirt, tan photo vest and blue shorts)

The rest are Kodak photogs.

Im guessing my shots from the other night were out of focus, hense why they didnt come up.

winterparkbaby

Original Poster
we had pics taken at mgm christmas tree, with mickey in the soundstage area, in spectacle of lights,

magic kingdom, front of castle, in toontown, etc.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I'm not digging the right click disable on a web quality only image (then again, I could do a crappy wallet print from a 72dpi image)

SewIn2Disney

When they come up on the website, do they have "proof" written all over them? Or is it a normal picture?
Obviously they are going to disable right click > save as......
Try hitting print screen, then pasting it into Microsoft Word, and cropping it. Works like a charm for anything protected.....

AEfx

mkt said:
I'm not digging the right click disable on a web quality only image (then again, I could do a crappy wallet print from a 72dpi image)
Stop using Internet Explorer and never have to worry about it again. :D

*cough* Mozillia *cough*

AEfx

AEfx

It will be cool when/if it includes ride photos. I find the photogs that run around chasing you at the parks very annoying, and more of a reason for them to pester you isn't good in my book. However, I would love this if it included ride photos - who wants to lug around that pic and wreck it all day, or even having to deal with it packing/going home.

AEfx

Tramp

winterparkbaby said:
the cool thing about this is, when you get home you go to disneyphotopass.com and enter the number on the back of your card and there are all of your pics, you then have 60 days to order them. they then will mail them to you.

i think this is a great idea.

I never knew this existed and think it's a great idea. We take many pictures around the parks but often forget to look at them when we leave the park.
Great info!

Woody13

SewIn2Disney said:
When they come up on the website, do they have "proof" written all over them? Or is it a normal picture?
Obviously they are going to disable right click > save as......
Try hitting print screen, then pasting it into Microsoft Word, and cropping it. Works like a charm for anything protected.....
How about holding down the "Alt" key and then hitting Print Screen? Then you have to open up the "clipboard" to see the image or paste it elsewhere.

tigger248

I still have my card in my purse and haven't gotten around to trying to look at it yet (even though I've been home for almost a month now). I may have to dig it out and play with it a little bit. I thought it sounded like a good idea at the parks. Better than having a million little pieces of paper and better than waiting in line an hour to buy your picture after park closing.

Tramp

Woody13 said:
How about holding down the "Alt" key and then hitting Print Screen? Then you have to open up the "clipboard" to see the image or paste it elsewhere.

I guess everyone has their pet way of getting around the 'disable right click' problem. :wave:

If you open a picture in IE, it's immediately saved on the computer, but only temporarily. It's in the 'temporary internet files' folder among the hundreds or thousands of other files. To get around the 'disable right click' problem, I simply delete all the files in that folder thru the tools menu, and then refresh the page or picture I want to copy. The picture is then easily found in the temp folder, full size and totally saveable.

If you send yourself those 'postcards from space' videos from Mission Space(also right-click disabled), you can save them the same way. :wave:

AEfx

Woody13 said:
You can do that as well - but not using Internet Exploiter will make your browsing safer and you can save anything you want without having to "go around it" by taking screenshot. The no-right-clicky thing is unique to IE.

AEfx

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
There are endless ways to avoid the right click problem. :)

If you don't know how, you really should learn how. Tramp's suggestion is excellent. And the best part about it is that you can use it for flash files and quicktime movies as well. ;)

For those of you that still don't understand how to do it, here is pretty much how you do it...

1. Go to the site where the pictures are located that you wish to save.
2. In Internet Explorer's Tools menu, select "Internet Options..."
3. On the "General Tab" in the "Temporary Internet Files Section," click the "Settings" button. A small window will open up and there you must click the "View Files" button.
4. You now have a listing of all the files you've accessed recently on the internet, and your picture is there in that list. (somewhere) If the list is too long, you need to empty your cache before going to the page where your photos are. You can empty your cache by following the steps below. (see #1a.)
5. Once you find the right file, you can right click on it, and select "copy." Then you can paste the file on your desktop by right clicking on your desktop and clicking "paste." Double click the icon to open the image. You're done.

Too many Files! Must dump my cache!

1a. Okay, so that list was WAYYYYY too long for you. Not to worry. Dumping your cache simply means to dump all the files in that folder except your cookies. Here are the steps to do that... Please note this is entirely seperate from the above process to save an image, and should be done before the above steps.
2a. In Internet Explorer's Tools menu, select "Internet Options..."
3. On the "General Tab" in the "Temporary Internet Files Section," click the "Delete Files..." button. A small window will open up and there you must click the "OK" button. It will seem as though your computer has frozen, but this is not the case. Emptying your cache is simply a long process. When it is done, you will be able to exit out of the Internet Options box.

Hopefully this will help you. :)
If you find this process helpful, there is always that little icon to donate reputation to me. ;) Thank you.

Any questions? Comments? PM me, or just reply!

Sorry Tramp to steal your way of doing it, I just wanted to give people an idea of "How" to do what you are talking about... step-by-step is usually the only way to go on this stuff or people get lost. :lol: Give Tramp some good rep too. :)

AEfx said:
The no-right-clicky thing is unique to IE.

Not necessarily -- right-click is disabled through javascript, which is supported by pretty much all browsers. It may be that some poorly-coded methods only work in IE, or that certain other browsers are designed specifically to ignore such scripts. There's also an extension for Firefox that will defeat no-right-click scripts.

So that brings up another way around the issue: disable javascript. In IE it's in the Security tab (Custom Level button, under Scripting). In Firefox, it's on the Web Features panel.

Saving the original is preferable to screen capturing, so that you don't have to recompress the image (or save it uncompressed).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom