What Do You Think is in Phase Two for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge?

EPCOTCenterLover

Original Poster
If RotR pulls in crowds like it appears it will (due to excellent execution), and if SW9 does well at the box office (time will tell), then SWGE will receive a Phase 2 expansion.

According to this quote, a Phase Two could be coming. What do you think this could be comprised of?

Jones14

If I had to guess, table service restaurant next to the Cantina and a version of the stunt show from last night. It would give them an extra revenue generator and address the lack of energy on that side of the land, as well as bring some finality to the First Order show that happens by the TIE fighter.

I'd also love a new walkaround character (preferably an alien), but for some reason I feel that's less likely.

Surferboy567

If their is an expansion definitely a third attraction (not sure on the scale of it), maybe the proper sit down restaurant that got cut, and of course more retail.

Hoping they add droids and have a show like they did last night. The land is already incredible but adding these would make it the very best Disney has to offer as well as crush anything Universal will have for quite a while.

justintheharris

They once talked about a restaurant and I believe there is room for another attraction across from the other two in the middle of the land.. in front the Incredibles area (I THINK! SOMEONE CLARIFY) but I'm willing to bet all plans for an expansion are off because the land has not performed well. Rise of the Resistance I don't think is likely to change anything since the quality of immersion wasn't the problem. The problem is Disney's theme park audience does not care about Star Wars.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

They once talked about a restaurant and I believe there is room for another attraction across from the other two in the middle of the land.. in front the Incredibles area (I THINK! SOMEONE CLARIFY) but I'm willing to bet all plans for an expansion are off because the land has not performed well. Rise of the Resistance I don't think is likely to change anything since the quality of immersion wasn't the problem. The problem is Disney's theme park audience does not care about Star Wars.
Care to share what you've been smoking?

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
In `One Day at Disney` on Disney+ they featured an imagineer who worked on an autonomous roaming droid. They showed it interacting with guests. I'm guessing this was at Disneyland. Seemed pretty cool. I wish they would add these here.

justintheharris

Disney fans don't care about Starwars??? Thats the incorrect statement.
It's the conclusion I've drawn from the performance of the land. The quality is there but most people grew up in a world where Star Wars was not Disney and it is still difficult to accept the premise. More importantly, Star Wars has fans. There is absolutely no doubt about that. But most of them are not going to give Disney over 100 dollars to go visit a theme park land especially when everything except the two rides is double the price (in the best case scenario) of what it should be. So I suppose you could say there is a pricing issue. While it is still too early to tell since Rise of the Resistance has been open a single day, if that ride under performs, my view is that Disney theme park fans reject Star Wars as "Disney." And I know Avatar does not have a big fan base and did fine but Avatar was fairly new when it was announced it would be added into Disney. Star Wars went decades without being a Disney product. With regard to Star Tours, it was accepted by Disney park fans when it was a single attraction in a Disney park. Not an entire land dedicated to it. That's my view of the situation at the moment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There’s absolutely nothing in “phase 2”

They have substantial work to do on the longterm appeal of the IP. That’s where the money is to be made off Star Wars and always has been.

Is this in “phase me” or “phase more”? I can’t keep track of all these things that are never built 😉

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney fans don't care about Starwars??? Thats the incorrect statement.

Many Disney fans ONLY care about Disney...they can take or leave Star Wars as long as it doesn’t interfere with a 4,000 Calorie breakfast at crystal palace or a 2 hour wait for a projection show.

Now Star Wars fans have little use for Disney if they don’t give them enough of what they want in good enough quality.

That’s where we are with the franchise since “last of the story coherency”

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Strong weed this one.must smoke. Yesterday before the media event with one ride the place was packed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom