What do you remember from the Adventurers Club

skipperdan

Original Poster
Hi all, I’m writing a series of blog posts of the origins of S.E.A. which includes the place where it all started - the Adventurers Club in Pleasure Island. Unfortunately I am too young, and completely missed out on it! I’ve watch tonnes of videos, read a tonne of blog posts. But what do you remember about it?

Tobes58

Was just a great place!! Had so many fun times just sitting back and watching peoples reactions that didn't know what it was going to be. Things that stand out to me were - The Maids Singalong, Being inducted into the club and going threw the rituals and singing the song, bar stools that slowly would shrink, (The stools are now part of Trader Sams in the polynesian), The big mask head on the wall that would talk and goof on people, and of course the cantine with the adult beverage was excellent. Miss this place!!!

Obobru

It was unique but the annoying locals sitting in there night after night ruined the place. Mouthing the words to every line, shouting out everyone like know-it-all idiots and generally thinking they were somehow in some kind of real society spolied the place. The place had some great cast members who made the place when I visited in the holidays but even they seemed at times frustrated by some of the morons hanging out in the place. It became tired by the end and it was right for it to close as the growing numbers of people thinking they owned some of the seats in the place would have become uncontrollable.

SteveAZee

Being brought up on stage in the library to take part in "The Twelve Days of Christmas" song... I was "10 lords a leaping".

Wendy Pleakley

I only went there once. I really wish Disney World still had something like this.

The setting and the show, was really one of those "only at Disney" experiences.

I want more options like this for after the parks close. I want to be able to have a late evening out while on vacation, but Disney Springs is just shopping and food.

This, along with Comedy Warehouse and the other clubs, really allowed for a full day of fun at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom