What do you get in your DVC Member pack now?

danniyell

Original Poster
I remember my parents joining 11 years ago and there was a beautiful hard back brochure with 'dreams' written across the front which had lovely pictures and points all in the same booklet. Now there seems to be a flimsy points chart booklet that comes through the post to us every year.

If I were to join right now - what would I receive in my member pack?

I find it interesting how times have changed.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We joined in May and the package had a nice thick book (the dreams type but a thick soft cover) with all the destinations and points etc, and about DVC. It also had the smaller cheaper yearly points book. Also they had a nice tote type of bag inside. Has like the leather (fake leather handles) and made of canvas. It all came in a nice big file folder that we keep all our DVC member info in it. It's pretty sturdy like one of those thicker heavier duty big file folders. We thought everything was very nice. :)

MonoManBlue

We received the 'new' bag....it's blue. They released them like a week before we completed our paperwork. I personally find it sort of girly, but my fiance loves it!

sxeensweet

Are you new members as well! If so, welcome home! Where did you buy?! Despite my 2003 join date, I am apparently, a "new member!"
Thank you! :) We bought in May at AKV. We had stayed there before In a Villa and also have stayed at SSR. Being we loved staying in Villas it just made sense to finally join. My DH swore we never would even consider it but when we sat down and figured it out it made sense. We pretty much could have almost paid for joining from our last 3 vacays at how much it cost us. Lol Where did y'all buy? :)

MonoManBlue

Thank you! :) We bought in May at AKV. We had stayed there before In a Villa and also have stayed at SSR. Being we loved staying in Villas it just made sense to finally join. My DH swore we never would even consider it but when we sat down and figured it out it made sense. We pretty much could have almost paid for joining from our last 3 vacays at how much it cost us. Lol Where did y'all buy? :)

We bought at Grand Floridian. I proposed to the fiance at the Poly, and we were trying to figure out something for our honeymoon. Without knowing much about DVC, other than just being in Disney a lot of times (see sig), I told her "maybe we could buy DVC and go to Italy for our honeymoon." She really liked the idea and the next day we called DVC to get more information. After spending almost 2 hours on the phone, we were both sold and decided to join. Upon doing further research, we found out that using the points to go to Italy wasn't in our best interest, but we were both so "happy" with the system, we agreed to still buy in anyway. Just closed this past tuesday with 100 points. We aren't able to afford any more, but the Fiance hopes to add on at the Polynesian when they open up since that's were we got engaged!

sxeensweet

We bought at Grand Floridian. I proposed to the fiance at the Poly, and we were trying to figure out something for our honeymoon. Without knowing much about DVC, other than just being in Disney a lot of times (see sig), I told her "maybe we could buy DVC and go to Italy for our honeymoon." She really liked the idea and the next day we called DVC to get more information. After spending almost 2 hours on the phone, we were both sold and decided to join. Upon doing further research, we found out that using the points to go to Italy wasn't in our best interest, but we were both so "happy" with the system, we agreed to still buy in anyway. Just closed this past tuesday with 100 points. We aren't able to afford any more, but the Fiance hopes to add on at the Polynesian when they open up since that's were we got engaged!
Congratulations!!!! And Welcome Home!! :).
GFV was not for sale yet when we bought in May and also we got some incentives buying at AKV. We love Kidani anyway so we don't mind if we get "stuck" staying there if other resorts are booked. We bought 220 even though it's just us 2 b/c we like to stay over 10 days when we go about every other year, and we can stay in a 2 bedroom if we want. DH is a snorer so we sleep apart usually and that allows him to have a bed instead of just a sleeper sofa. Lol. This Dec we are staying at Kidani in a 2 bed Savannah view villa for 9 nights and then we move to GFV for 2 nights so we can see and experience the new villas there. So excited to see it in person!! Sadly we won't be going back until 2015 or 2016 but at least we know with DVC we will be back.
Oh yeah we can't wait to see what the Poly villas will look like! We never really wanted to stay In the regular rooms there b/c the price was just as expensive as staying in a Villa or Suite elsewhere on property but we definitely will consider it once those are complete. We do always go eat at Kona and Ohana every trip and visit the shops there so it would be nice to stay there. :)

MonoManBlue

Congratulations!!!! And Welcome Home!! :).
GFV was not for sale yet when we bought in May and also we got some incentives buying at AKV. We love Kidani anyway so we don't mind if we get "stuck" staying there if other resorts are booked. We bought 220 even though it's just us 2 b/c we like to stay over 10 days when we go about every other year, and we can stay in a 2 bedroom if we want. DH is a snorer so we sleep apart usually and that allows him to have a bed instead of just a sleeper sofa. Lol. This Dec we are staying at Kidani in a 2 bed Savannah view villa for 9 nights and then we move to GFV for 2 nights so we can see and experience the new villas there. So excited to see it in person!! Sadly we won't be going back until 2015 or 2016 but at least we know with DVC we will be back.
Oh yeah we can't wait to see what the Poly villas will look like! We never really wanted to stay In the regular rooms there b/c the price was just as expensive as staying in a Villa or Suite elsewhere on property but we definitely will consider it once those are complete. We do always go eat at Kona and Ohana every trip and visit the shops there so it would be nice to stay there. :)

The AKL is very gorgeous....i've never stayed, but i've wanted too, and now that we have DVC, we play to after we go to our new 'home' first!! AKL would have probably been a close 2nd for us. Unfortunately, we won't be able to use our points until NEXT December, too many things on the schedule to go anytime soon.

sxeensweet

Yes there is nothing like standing on your balcony looking at all the animals right in front of you on the Savannah!! Oh and when you go next Dec I will be jealous b/c I will have to wait another year or 2 after next Dec to go. Lol. We will be going to Chicago for our big trip next year and not sure where In 2015 yet. :)

MonoManBlue

Yes there is nothing like standing on your balcony looking at all the animals right in front of you on the Savannah!! Oh and when you go next Dec I will be jealous b/c I will have to wait another year or 2 after next Dec to go. Lol. We will be going to Chicago for our big trip next year and not sure where In 2015 yet. :)

Have you ever used to your points for non-Disney things?

sxeensweet

Have you ever used to your points for non-Disney things?
No not yet being we just joined in May and we are using all of this years and next years points on the trip in Dec. Regardless if it's a good value or not we may in the future use it on non Disney but the only thing that would stop us from that is giving up a vacay at Disney if we did that. :(. So prob if we ever do non Disney meaning regular vacays we will just pay ourselves. Every other year when we are not at Disney we usually vacation elsewhere. :)

sxeensweet

So with resale you didn't get anything? My parents are thinking of doing this to top up their points :)
No resale you typically don't get anything unless who (company) you are using to buy from offers something but I have never heard of that happening. DVC does not send you any type of gift just for buying resale. :)

danniyell

Original Poster
No resale you typically don't get anything unless who (company) you are using to buy from offers something but I have never heard of that happening. DVC does not send you any type of gift just for buying resale. :)
I wonder if you could write to Disney and ask them to send you through some bits n bobs lol / extremely cheeky I know! :)

PhilharMagician

So with resale you didn't get anything? My parents are thinking of doing this to top up their points :)

They used to send every year to members a nice book detailing the resorts with the point charts for the year. It was always something to look forward too. That stopped quite a few years ago. It is cheaper to send you to the member site.

I have frames canvas art that they sent me and now all they occasionally send is lithographs which is nothing more than a copy of a picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom