What do you find...?

louise900star

Original Poster
What do you feel is the best way to relax when your in the parks?

I like going on the TTA and relaxing for a while. Spending all day on your feet in the summer can't half drag you down. Or i like going and watching the Carousel of Progress. I have some keen fondness for that show.

If i'm at Epcot thought, it's SSE all the way. Don't know about anyone else, but in the summer months that ride really helps me to relax and cool down.

I don't really have any ways of doing this in the other parks. Just interested to see what other people do!!

:)

Well, I just couldn't agree with you more. SSE is in my top 3, and when you combine it with the fact that I've never had to wait too long to ride it, it's about as relaxed as you can get at the World. TTA is also great, though for some reason I can never get anyone else to ride it with me.

As to ways to relax that are non-ride related, I can't think of any! If you're not heading from one place to the next, you're stopping to eat (which for some reason I always find stressfull!). I'm trying to think of non-ride related chill tips...drawing a blank.

Wait here's one...put the kids on El Rio del Tiempo(or whatever it's called now) with a trusted relative and have a frozen margarita.

Kristamouse

Rafiki's planet train ride is nice and quite AK. In Epoct we also like EEA, after the dino's, our little ones always fall asleep, its long, dark, quite and cool. As for MGM, one of the shows would probally work, I am always cold in Little Mermaid, so most people would be just right and cool off. If you are on DDP a late lunch is a great way to recharge.

Nicole220

Going on Pirates is great on a hot day when I've been on my feet for a long time. Sitting on a bench on Main Street with a treat in hand is also nice.

PintoColvig

Here are my fav. places to chill out in each of the parks...
MK: TTA, Train, and the dock at Mrs. Pollys on Tom Sawyer Island
EP: The former El Rio del Tiempo
DS: Great Movie Ride but not really my fav.
AK: Train

figmentfan

People watching is one of my favorites. I grab a Pineapple Float from the Aloha Isles and sit in Adventureland and just watch the people as I enjoy my float (I'm getting hungry just thinkin about it.)

TTA, Train, Mickey's Philiharmagic, Country Bears, Tiki Room, and COP are all good attractions to relax in. To take a nap, head towards Hall of Presidents.

At Epcot, SSE, Universe of Energy, Figment, Living With the Land (usually has short lines now that there is no more human narrators), and Mexico ride. Best thing to do at Epcot to relax, grab a drink and listen to the British Invasion at UK or Off Kilter at Canada. Great music!!

MGM: Great Movie Ride, Muppets, Sounds Dangerous, and Little Mermaid.

AK: Train and Festival of the Lion King.

I will be there in 11 Hours at Wilderness Lodge for my monthly Disney fix!!!

YEA 200th POST!!!:)

Loretta

One of the non-ride places my dh and I like to go to relax for a while is the rose garden at MK. Many times it's just the two of us. Very nice.

DWGIRL

The best rides/attractions to relax/nap on are:

Ellen's Energy Adventure (after the dinosaur part)
Spaceship Earth
Living With The Land
The movie in France
TTA
Carousel of Progress
The Great Movie Ride

doop

Just relaxing on a bench and taking in the sites is the best way for me to rest. But the Carousel of Progress does provide for a great resting area as well. We usually save it for when we're really tired.

wbt06

i usualy go with 2 little girls so they always want to do the magic carpit thing in adventureland so i sit on the bench and watch the camel spit on people it is really funny becouse people have no idea where it is comeing from. i have seen people start yelling at people in there group becouse they thought they spit on them. if i was them i would be stressed but watching is just to funny

jonesenon4

:sohappy: i agree with op on relaxing places at mk and epcot but here are a few of my other favs.
mk: potc,caseys corner watching cartoons
epcot: el rio de tiempo & sse
studios: great movie ride & little mermaid
ak: tuff 2 b a bug & any bench under the trees

next trip oct. 7<>14 riverside kungaloosh!!!!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Do my bit for international relations buy visiting the bars of world showcase, in a few hours Im so relaxed it takes ages to get home.

Missymoe4

The best rides/attractions to relax/nap on are:

Ellen's Energy Adventure (after the dinosaur part)
Spaceship Earth
Living With The Land
The movie in France
TTA
Carousel of Progress
The Great Movie Ride

And I've always been embarassed thinking that I'm the only one napping in these places. Hey, as terrible as it sounds to be sleeping in Disney, it sure recharages my batteries and I wake up so refreshed! Okay, and some days the heat gets to me and tuckers me out so much that I simply cannot help it!

jody31

Last time I went - May 2006 - I found that in the afternoon , the heat and the amount of walking you've done around really caught up with me . I'd go back to my hotel for a 30 minute rest and drink a lot of fluids. However , I was staying at The Swan , and the time you save with thy Disney transportation means taking an afternoon break does'nt burn up too much time.
My next vacation is in 15 days , staying at The Swan , but we're leaving home with a 6.15 a.m. taxi to the airport

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom