What do you enjoy that is free or under $5?

awoogala

puzzles/used books from the used paperback place.
coloring with colored pencils or markers (yes, it costs more than $5 for the supplies, but they last a looong time, so per experience, it's less than $5)
hand sewing small dolls or lavender sachets (grow the lavender, use scrap fabric or cheap felt squares)
walking, playing Harry Potter Wizards Unite (free as long as you don't pay to play, lol)
playing silly games on fb- candy crush, cookie jam blast
board games
crossword puzzles
baking (depends on how elaborate you go with ingredients/buying in bulk)

DisneyFreak

Laying in my hammock with a good book and a cold Arnold Palmer on a cool Florida winter's day.

(But let's be honest...nothing is "free". I had to buy the hammock, use gasoline to drive to the library, buy the ice tea/lemonade for the AP and pay for the electricity to freeze the ice.)

Songbird76

People watching, singing along with the radio, walking through the nature park....when I lived in the US, we were close to the Snowy Range mountains and I loved to go up to Lake Marie and just sit. Reading, doing puzzles. We don't do this much now, but 2 or 3 times a year, there would be a "technology day" in the area, always free, and it was kind of like a job fair type thing, where different companies would set up stations to advertise their company or their profession. A lot of them would have workshops for kids to build things, like a solor panel powered model windmill, or something soldered together, or a buzz wire game, bath salts, a clock. You could spend the whole day there and come home with a bunch of things your kids made themselves. Here are some pictures:
DSCF5115.JPGDSCF5118.JPG
DSCF5129.JPGDSCF5136.JPG

DSCF5134.JPG

One year, they got to make rockets out of empty coke bottles and shoot them off with water pressure...that one was fun. I can't find those pictures. But everything was free.

I think this one was an electromagnet? And they also got to make their own bouncy balls one year...they had a chemistry lab section...the kids loved that one.
DSCF5121.JPG

Another fun thing, free, is Lamb day. In the spring, one of the towns has their own sheep herd, and they are funded by adoptions. They have one day where you can go and adopt a lamb...adopting does cost, but you don't HAVE to adopt one. They have sheep herding displays with their dogs, they have games and quizzes for kids, and if you DO choose to adopt, it's 20 bucks and you can actually get in to pet the lambs. Since my son is obsessed with sheep, we do this every year.
DSC00851.JPGDSC00856.JPG

The nice thing is if you adopt, you can come back on certain days and pet the sheep again when there are fewer people, which is nicer for A because of his Autism...it gets overwhelming for him on the one day, but when we come back, it's not as busy and it's more restful. He loves it. And there are a lot of places who do stuff like this...farms that will let you come in for a day and see how they milk cows, or how they sheer sheep, etc. You just have to keep an eye out in the local papers, or websites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom