What do YOU do ?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Well, there's less than 5 weeks now before that big bird flies us across the Atlantic to the US and Walt Disney World.
The flights have been booked now for 14 months (had to book early to get the dates we wanted and the pre Easter price increases), The rental car is sorted, The holiday home is booked, The attraction tickets are booked (and everything is paid for). The Priority Seating reservations are taken care of.
The brochures are read, the guide books are so well thumbed they're falling apart, and, the internet connection (especially to WDWMagic) is getting hotter.
How do you guys spend your time, knowing that the holiday (although still out of reach) is just around the corner - tantalisingly close ?
I'm thinking Disney ALL day now - Am I nuts ??

RPMdfw

You're not nuts, and you're not alone! I've got 7 Days 14 Hrs 58 Mins 1 Secs left before my plane leaves, and I can barely sit still. I'm almost completely packed, and my co-workers have informed me that they expect me to be COMPLETELY useless at work next week. The nice thing is that my parents and siblings all feel the same way. We can't wait to see each other and have fun together as a family at the Happiest Place on Earth.

I've actually stopped reading the guidebooks, because I've got them almost memorized. Now, I'm going through check lists, and running up my phone bill calling family members and making plans for this and that and the other thing.

Upvote 0

CREEKWAYNE

How do you guys spend your time, knowing that the holiday (although still out of reach) is just around the corner - tantalisingly close ?
I'm thinking Disney ALL day now - Am I nuts ?? [/B][/QUOTE]

By our standards you are pretty normal. To those outside WDWMAGIC and sites not like this one. You most likely look like you are bit on the nuts side.:hammer: But I am with you on this one. I am also the same way. My friends actually get sick of me when we are getting close to going on vacation. :lookaroun Therefore I guess survey says:we are nuts about Disney:hammer: :lookaroun :p ;) :slurp: :confused: :eek: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
Originally posted by CREEKWAYNE
Therefore I guess survey says:we are nuts about Disney:hammer: :lookaroun :p ;) :slurp: :confused: :eek: :sohappy:
Stands up slowly, head bowed and says :-
"I'm CAPTAIN HOOK, I'm a Disneyholic and I DON'T want to be cured" :sohappy:

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by RPMdfw
my co-workers have informed me that they expect me to be COMPLETELY useless at work next week.

I went last December, 2 days after my college finals. It took ALL I HAD to sit down and try to study, when really all I wanted to do was come to this website, make my 50-thousandth packing list, and scream gleefully.

On the day before I left, my manager actually sent me home early because I was so wound up and not getting anything done. (I'm glad she's understanding ::wink wink:::animwink: )

Upvote 0
We usually watch alot of disney sing along videos and have lots of sing alongs before we go. It really helps pass the time and puts us all in a great mood before we go. And if there is a Disney movie in the theaters you can go watch, like the new Piglet movie, that might help too.

Upvote 0

Camelot

Same here...I think about the trip a lot, because I am so excited.

One ritual I have before a trip, is to try to take off (from work) the day before the trip, to relax and be well rested before the trip.

Upvote 0

bailey5697

I talk about my vacation to everyone I know, see and meet! :D My friends want me to go already! I will blurt out thinkgs like "I'm going to Disney" just to aggravate them! :D I will have absolutly NOTHING to talk about when I return. :(

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

Originally posted by bailey5697
I talk about my vacation to everyone I know, see and meet! :D My friends want me to go already! I will blurt out thinkgs like "I'm going to Disney" just to aggravate them! :D I will have absolutly NOTHING to talk about when I return. :(

Sure you will! You can start conversations by saying "When I was at Disney World . . ." or "This one time, at Disney World . . ." :lol:

Upvote 0

bailey5697

Originally posted by RPMdfw
Sure you will! You can start conversations by saying "When I was at Disney World . . ." or "This one time, at Disney World . . ." :lol:

:lol: ROFL!! "And this onetime at Band camp"

Oh and BTW your quote:

"Clap if you love fairies" :sohappy:

I am a big fat fairy lover! <That sounds great>

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom