What do men like most@MK? Husband coming for 1st visit.

Innovation007

Original Poster
Coming with my husband to celebrate pur anniversary. This is first time at a Disney Park. I already plan on us taking frequent breaks. Wondering what rides/shows men enjoyed most. I will try to get us into Tron. I know we will probably get wet on Tiana (will also try to get into that post the 7/24 Genie Magic shows). THANKS to everyone in advance. I haven't been to MK in 20 years. - 2 visitors from texas

Innovation007

Original Poster
He likes Science, staying cool and Star Wars.
Given all the changes from my last visit, ot seems harder to play it by ear and more planning required. I want to show him, Tje Tiki Room, (sad that Haunted Mansion si closed now),Pirates and Jungle Cruise. I'm think that paying for individual lanes may be too mcu money. We plan to be there in the early am and stay late.

Innovation007

Original Poster
Given all the changes from my last visit, ot seems harder to play it by ear and more planning required. I want to show him, Tje Tiki Room, (sad that Haunted Mansion si closed now),Pirates and Jungle Cruise. I'm think that paying for individual lanes may be too mcu money. We plan to be there in the early am and stay late.
We will go to our resort in the middle of the day foe a long nap.

DisneyHead123

Since your husband loves Star Wars, any chance you could do a day at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge in Hollywood Studios? My husband loved it!

For Magic Kingdom - this is based on a compilation of the men in my family, so of course I can’t speak for all men. What I’ve noticed:

- First and foremost they like watching their traveling companions have a good time. Maybe it’s a stereotype, but men tend to have that “provider” instinct. They (guys in my family,) want to see the rest of the family - kids, parents, spouses, it varies depending on the person - just loving the trip that they helped host. So I wouldn’t underestimate the impact of doing what you love and letting him know how special the trip is to you. Sorry to be a little corny, but watching your face light up might be one of his favorite things!

- Surprisingly, I find the men in my family are less ride oriented than the women. They like the rides but are more apt to just “wander around and take it all in” as a touring style (with the exception of one, who is more of a planner and likes to have a checklist of rides). Many but not all of them get quite interested in the “how do they do that” or “how does this work” aspect of the parks and want to stop and Google something to that effect.

- Gaston’s Tavern may be a hit. Even my preschooler likes to pose by the fountain in front showing of his “muscles”. He may get a kick out of it. It’s a great spot for fun photos.

Other than that, no one area of MK stands out as something that guys particularly favor. I would think more in terms of what kinds of experiences you both like - “thrill” rides, classic rides, movie-based rides, shopping, snacking, etc.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Coming with my husband to celebrate pur anniversary. This is first time at a Disney Park. I already plan on us taking frequent breaks. Wondering what rides/shows men enjoyed most. I will try to get us into Tron. I know we will probably get wet on Tiana (will also try to get into that post the 7/24 Genie Magic shows). THANKS to everyone in advance. I haven't been to MK in 20 years. - 2 visitors from texas
Princess meals.

Tell him you're going for the food and ambiance.

Have him stand and get a picture of him with a princess on his arm.

He'll say its corny. He'll secretly be in heaven -- and he won't admit it.

Innovation007

Original Poster
Since your husband loves Star Wars, any chance you could do a day at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge in Hollywood Studios? My husband loved it!

For Magic Kingdom - this is based on a compilation of the men in my family, so of course I can’t speak for all men. What I’ve noticed:

- First and foremost they like watching their traveling companions have a good time. Maybe it’s a stereotype, but men tend to have that “provider” instinct. They (guys in my family,) want to see the rest of the family - kids, parents, spouses, it varies depending on the person - just loving the trip that they helped host. So I wouldn’t underestimate the impact of doing what you love and letting him know how special the trip is to you. Sorry to be a little corny, but watching your face light up might be one of his favorite things!

- Surprisingly, I find the men in my family are less ride oriented than the women. They like the rides but are more apt to just “wander around and take it all in” as a touring style (with the exception of one, who is more of a planner and likes to have a checklist of rides). Many but not all of them get quite interested in the “how do they do that” or “how does this work” aspect of the parks and want to stop and Google something to that effect.

- Gaston’s Tavern may be a hit. Even my preschooler likes to pose by the fountain in front showing of his “muscles”. He may get a kick out of it. It’s a great spot for fun photos.

Other than that, no one area of MK stands out as something that guys particularly favor. I would think more in terms of what kinds of experiences you both like - “thrill” rides, classic rides, movie-based rides, shopping, snacking, etc.
Thanks fpe your thoughts. I will add Gastons fountain to the list. We will have to tey the other parks at another visit. Wanted to dp MK first, since that was the original of the FL Disney buncg.

Innovation007

Original Poster
Princess meals.

Tell him you're going for the food and ambiance.

Have him stand and get a picture of him with a princess on his arm.

He'll say its corny. He'll secretly be in heaven -- and he won't admit it.
Yes, i would love a pic of him with characters. Hopefully we can come across some walking around. I also research where to watch a parade to see without having to stake out a place foe a long time. I wonder if you can bring binoculars.

Innovation007

Original Poster
Thanks fpe your thoughts. I will add Gastons fountain to the list. We will have to tey the other parks at another visit. Wanted to dp MK first, since that was the original of the FL Disney buncg.
Definitely trying to not spend time waiting in line. Wonder which shops are interesting so we can duck in for the AC besides the Emporium on Main St.

Innovation007

Original Poster

He is a fan of stitch. I will research if stitch appears in any resort also

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom