What do men like most@MK? Husband coming for 1st visit.

Goofyernmost

I hesitate to list things from personal experience. My first trip was in 1983. I had so many people listing what were must see's and never having been before I started out using the lists. After about a half day I realized that I was spending more time going across the park than actually seeing anything. I ditched the list and starting from the castle, I traveled clockwise and queued up for every attraction we came to. It was easier then because there was no FP or anything like it, so we just got in line. It moved constantly and we checked off a lot of thing quickly. If we got to a line that we deemed to be to long, we just made a note of it and went back when there was a parade or some other crowd attracter going on elsewhere.
I wasn't a child at my first visit. At the time I was 35 years old, but every attraction impressed me in varying degrees but all of them fascinated my imagination and curiosity of how everything worked. Of course, that is just me, but it is a male perspective.

JIMINYCR

Generally speaking, I feel pretty strongly that watching ride videos before ever going to WDW is a mistake.

For me, the most exciting time I ever go on a ride is the first time, when everything is new. The second time, I appreciate more of the details, but that moment of discovery is the best!

I know people do watch them before they go the first time, but IMO, it is better to resist the temptation, if possible.
The OP wanted to know what her husband would like. Why waste time trying rides he wont enjoy. Watching a ride through does spoil the ride for some who want to experience it first time, while others can see how thrilling or tame it is. My advice was to help both of them to get a better feel of what was available in the park and what might draw his interest best. Personally I dont watch a new attraction ahead of my visit, I want to be surprised, but the OP wanted to know what he might enjoy. He can get a better sernse of that by watching. Everyone is different.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

The OP wanted to know what her husband would like. Why waste time trying rides he wont enjoy. Watching a ride through does spoil the ride for some who want to experience it first time, while others can see how thrilling or tame it is. My advice was to help both of them to get a better feel of what was available in the park and what might draw his interest best. Personally I dont watch a new attraction ahead of my visit, I want to be surprised, but the OP wanted to know what he might enjoy. He can get a better sernse of that by watching. Everyone is different.
In all my years of going and seeing every attraction there is nothing, at WDW that isn't tame. Even the coasters are much tamer then one would find elsewhere.

JIMINYCR

In all my years of going and seeing every attraction there is nothing, at WDW that isn't tame. Even the coasters are much tamer then one would find elsewhere.
There are different levels of how guests see as tame. What you find tame might be scary for others. Dis definitely is tamer than some of Unis offerings and other parks. I have friends who will never go on RnRC, SM or ToT or some other attractions.
Again the OP wanted help to decide what her husband might like and it could vary depending on what he’s looking for and how his body handles the ride.

Goofyernmost

There are different levels of how guests see as tame. What you find tame might be scary for others. Dis definitely is tamer than some of Unis offerings and other parks. I have friends who will never go on RnRC, SM or ToT or some other attractions.
Again the OP wanted help to decide what her husband might like and it could vary depending on what he’s looking for and how his body handles the ride.
I understand that but one has to consider the frame of reference. If all he had seen is Six Flags then the word Coaster has a completely different meaning. Besides that there is a whole lot of information available either with YouTube videos or written descriptions. That is pretty much how we used to figure out what we wanted to see before the internet ruled our lives. It's isn't our decision what anyone might have for fears or reservation or what a non-visitor is imagining. The one thing that everyone seems to be ignoring is that there is only one person that can say what her husband would enjoy and that would be her husband. It sounds as if she has had some experience at WDW, even if it was 20 years ago, in which case she might be able to gather up some information, pictures or videos and ask him what he thinks he would enjoy. It seems like he should be able to see something that interests him and is able to create some degree of excitement about the trip. We do not know his age or physicality and that is quite important. Physicality being the most important. It doesn't sound like she is trying to convince him to go, just what he might enjoy. There is no better person to ask than him.
Coming with my husband to celebrate pur anniversary. This is first time at a Disney Park. I already plan on us taking frequent breaks. Wondering what rides/shows men enjoyed most. I will try to get us into Tron. I know we will probably get wet on Tiana (will also try to get into that post the 7/24 Genie Magic shows). THANKS to everyone in advance. I haven't been to MK in 20 years. - 2 visitors from texas

JIMINYCR

I understand that but one has to consider the frame of reference. If all he had seen is Six Flags then the word Coaster has a completely different meaning. Besides that there is a whole lot of information available either with YouTube videos or written descriptions. That is pretty much how we used to figure out what we wanted to see before the internet ruled our lives. It's isn't our decision what anyone might have for fears or reservation or what a non-visitor is imagining. The one thing that everyone seems to be ignoring is that there is only one person that can say what her husband would enjoy and that would be her husband. It sounds as if she has had some experience at WDW, even if it was 20 years ago, in which case she might be able to gather up some information, pictures or videos and ask him what he thinks he would enjoy. It seems like he should be able to see something that interests him and is able to create some degree of excitement about the trip. We do not know his age or physicality and that is quite important. Physicality being the most important. It doesn't sound like she is trying to convince him to go, just what he might enjoy. There is no better person to ask than him.
You are saying the same thing I said. Which is exactly why I said go to the guide book and ride through videos to give him a chance to see what they are like. There’s no reference to what kind of things in his past experiences at any place else he enjoys for rides. Your comment about Dis being tame may be what you experience but not necessarily the same for him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom