What Disney resort/park food did you like so much, that you made it at home?

LeighM

We've made the pepperberry shrimp from the food and wine festival, the Norwegian meatballs from Akershus, attempted the bread pudding from Ohana, next week we're going to try to make the honey marscapone cheesecake from this years flower and garden festival, and the POG juice :)

epcotisbest

Here is our home version of the Sanaa bread service:

8149A26D-F8C9-49F9-B0F7-BC3CD231CD50.jpeg

Raineman

I haven’t tried making it yet, mainly because I’m not a great cook and I don’t have the recipe, but the hash browns they used to have on the breakfast menu at AoA-they tasted like extremely creamy scalloped potatoes. I would love to find the recipe for those.

crxbrett

We've made the pepperberry shrimp from the food and wine festival, the Norwegian meatballs from Akershus, attempted the bread pudding from Ohana, next week we're going to try to make the honey marscapone cheesecake from this years flower and garden festival, and the POG juice :)

How did the bread pudding from 'Ohana come out?? I am curious and may want to take a crack at it myself!

tomast

Please someone please please please tell me that you have the recipe for the "Signature Poutine" of the Refreshment Port of Canada at Epcot.
They where the best fries y have ever have in the world, and if i does not live more than 4700 miles away from epcot I would surley go there just to eat those. In fact i have done that one day I was supose to go to Universal

If anybody has the recipe please let me now, I really need it :)

tomast

Cheese Soup from Le Cellier, Canada pavilion Epcot (my fave so have made it many times, took many times to get it just right)
Zucchini Fries from Tony's Town Square MK
French Toast Puffs, Crystal Palace MK
@YankeeMouse mm... the Cheese Soup has something to do with my favourite Signature poutine?? I might ask beg you the recipe if thats the case..

NiarrNDisney

Black Bean and Corn salad (DHS - Backlot Express)
Grande Marnier Slush (Epcot - Les Vins de Chefs de France)
Grapefruit Cake (DHS - Hollywood Brown Derby)
Hitipi Dip (BWR - Spoodles)
Pineapple Teriyaki Yakisoba Noodles (Poly - O'hana)
Shrimp Chermoula Tangine (Epcot - Restaurant Marrakesh)
Spinach and Beet Salad w/ Goat cheese and Raspberry Vinaigrette (WL - Roaring Fork)
Tonga Toast (Poly - Kona Cafe) Didn't go well lol!
Vegan Moussaka (Epcot - Greece Food & Wine)

Nottamus

Original Poster
I've made myself a PB&J Milkshake (50's Prime Time Cafe) multiple times back home. Not nearly as good as the original, but enough to get me by when I have a craving for one!

9th trip coming up in 3 months------& I have YET to try one of those, although its on my list this time.

Phonedave

I make the flank steak from Garden Grill quite often.

However, many times I don't follow the marinade recipe. As long as you have a load of soy sauce, some oil, some vinegar, and liquid smoke in it, you are going to be 95% of the way there.

Sure, it is good if you follow the whole recipe, and the mustard, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, etc does add to it, but if you don't have it, or are pressed for time, Soy, oil, vinegar and a good dose of liquid smoke does the trick.

-dave

LeighM

How did the bread pudding from 'Ohana come out?? I am curious and may want to take a crack at it myself!

Not well LOL. The recipe we used called for French bread or the Ohana breakfast bread so in order to save time, we used French bread. Huge mistake as that changed the entire flavor of the bread pudding. So make their sweet bread before you make the bread pudding. And the banana foster sauce was a little bit tricky. We would probably use a little less rum because it changed the cook time in our location. Plus the bananas got a little burnt. Even though it didn't go as well as we were hoping, we did try another Disney bread pudding recipe another time and that turned out fantastic!!! I would have to look in the Disney cookbook to figure out which one it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom