What Disney is all about!

DisneyFan 2000

Original Poster
Spill everything!!!

All those tiny details you've seen while visiting WDW, or even the other resorts!

Everything from hidden Mickeys, talking trash cans to phone conversations on Main Street!

:wave:

civileng68

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Spill everything!!!

All those tiny details you've seen while visiting WDW, or even the other resorts!

Everything from hidden Mickeys, talking trash cans to phone conversations on Main Street!

:wave:

for the first time this week I noticed there are gargoyles around the tops of the castle.

General Grizz

Family & Children having fun together. . .

Creative storytelling with moral and value. . .

Quality and the "best in entertainment". . .

Spirit of courtesy and excellence. . .

"Feeding the birds. . . "

And most of all: A MAN WITH A VISION. :)

daoVinci

Two words: Childlike Wonder.

More specifically, it is the ablity to dream in mortar and stone. It's letting loose and being who you truly are while the world plays dress-up around you.

MagicalMonorail

Hmm let's see. The details? How about some of the things you can see and do:

-Flying Elephants

-Magic Carpets

-An Enchanting Castle

-A bunch of rowdy pirates

-3 amazing mountains ( with one on the way)

-A blast into space

-A trip around the world

-A journey into the jungle

And so much more!

Pixie Duster

Tonight was great.

It was 8:30, the Wishes exit music was playing a mother and her 5 year old son were ballroom dancing to it. And when Mickey came down from the station from his goodnight kiss the people behind the station screamed Mickey! as if he were The Beatles. It was great!

Lennyg512

The best part of Walt Disney World, despite the attractions and shows, is when you enter the Magic Kingdom Park. As you turn the corner, and look up Main Street USA, you see Cinderella Castle. No matter if it is your first time visiting, or you have been there many times, it is always a magical sight that will make you happy. Seeing the look on someone's face when they first see Cinderella Castle is priceless, and looking at it yourself, is a memorable moment.

alice

I love how I feel when I'm there...

Originally posted by alice
I love the feeling you get when you are in Disney World. As soon as you walk up to the entrance, and see the park itself (be it the train station at mk, the "big ball" at epcot, the sorceror's hat at mgm, or the tree of life at ak), you feel it, you just breathe and you realize "I'm really here, I can't believe I'm really here." You are breathing in Disney air, which produces a natural high. You exhale all of the troubles and worries from "real life", whatever they may be, and you leave them at the gates. Then you are transported back to your childhood, to that carefree and simpler time. You don't know what to do first.... a ride, a show, grab a bite to eat, run up to the first character you see (an old friend) and tell "I'm here, I'm back!" There is so much to do, to see, to smell, to taste, to feel. It overloads your senses. You think that it's so surreal you may wake up any minute, but you don't care. Because you're there. And you belong there.

DisneyFan 2000

Original Poster
What I like the most about Disney is detail! It's everywhere, and even if no one will spot those things they are still created waiting to be discovered! It's amazing! That's is something you won't find anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

luvJC4saken

The last time I went to WDW w/ my family as well as members from my extended family, my uncle had just finish cooking up some deliciously smelling pasta in our Old Key West Vacation Home. Then we all sat down around the table together and he said outloud w/ satisfaction, "THIS is what a vacation is all about!"

We weren't at the parks, we weren't screaming through Rockin' Rollercoaster or dodging guests to be the first in line for Space Mountain. What made our vacation was that we were together w/ the people we love and we were happy.

Don't get me wrong about Disney's attention to detail and excellence, but I truly believe what makes WDW is the manifestation of what Walt himself meant for it to be, "A place that families could come and have fun together!"

todd13

details

Want to really feel the magic? Find some of the things that 99 percent of Disney World visitors will never notice!

In one of the gift shops on Main St., there's an old phone mounted on the wall as a decorative accent. But if you pick it up, there's a pretty funny recorded phone conversation going on!

In the train station, plunk a coin into the strange-looking machine on the back wall and stand back. It's an AWESOME old-school music box that really works. The penny movie machines work, too!

If you take the first right on Main Street on a quiet day, look at the second-story windows for a sign advertising music lessons and dance lessons. You just might hear a voice practicing scales and someone tap dancing.

Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride is long gone, replaced by The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. It appears, though, as if this was an amicable change. Look to the left as you enter Owl’s house aboard the current ride. You’ll see a picture of Mr. Toad handing over the deed to Owl.

When you go to Sir Mickey's Shop in Fantasyland, look up where the roof meets the walls. Willie the Giant from “Mickey and the Beanstalk” is peeking into the shop.

Don’t miss Madame Leota’s tombstone in the graveyard section of the Haunted Mansion’s queuing area. It’s the last one on the left — the one with the face. Every so often, the eyes open and the face moves just a tiny bit. It only lasts for a second or two.

Tom Sawyer Island paintbrushes--find them and turn them into the boat captain for front-of-the-line passes for either BTM or splash mountain. My kids love this. The island opens at 10 and the first boatload of people are told about the paintbrushes.

At Epcot, one of the water fountains near the Fountain of Nations makes funny sound effects when you drink.

And, best of all, is Push, the talking, walking trash can in Tomorrowland.

THESE DETAILS ARE EVERYWHERE!

DisneyFan 2000

Original Poster
Re: details

Originally posted by todd13
Tom Sawyer Island paintbrushes--find them and turn them into the boat captain for front-of-the-line passes for either BTM or splash mountain. My kids love this. The island opens at 10 and the first boatload of people are told about the paintbrushes.

That's really cool!!! I'll remember this for my next visit! :)

Disnycrazy

Disney is about Magic and the feeling that you are indeed in "The Most Magical" place in the world. There is nothing like it you can feel the magic from the minute you walk in the gates no matter which park you are in. It it the only place in the world that you can be 40 and act like you are 4.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom