What Direction To Go When Entering The Magic Kingdom?

DisneySam

Make a B-Line to the Haunted Mansion baby! That's usually how I start off. Librety Square is usually dead [no pun intended.]

See Photo...8:20 am

crazycalf

At MK we go straight through the castle to Fantasyland. The lines are shorter if you get there first. I was in the first group to ride dumbo and was the first person to meet Ariel.

hunterfalcon

I wish I would have known this when I went to WDW. My family went right and got caught up in Tomorrowland's congestion, but luckily we left and went to Adventureland. But it rained -.-.

Jenna

When I goto mk (ive only been twice!) we have went to the left both times! I don't know why but the other lands appeal to me more that tomorrowland!

relloron

It depends on the age range you're travbling with.

For kids, go to Fantasyland. Get done Peter Pan, Dumbo, Snow White, and a few others. Then, continue on to Mickey's Toontown Fair.

For Teens, go to the right. Ride Space Mountain and a few others. Then go on to Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain. Or vice versa.

For Adults, many go around the park from the left. Then, continue on to the right. Depending on what rides adults want to hit.

It all depends on what MUST be done with the age range. It all depends on what you want to do and what to hit first/must be done. :king:

P0PC0RN

I know I'm really late on this reply, but the info I have may be helpful. It's a proven method that has never failed. Most everyone goes right in any park, not just Disney Parks. It's always best to go left and work your way around the park. Disney is unique because of fast pass and if done right, it'll make the day at the MK go very well. The info I am about to pass along is from a college course on Disney that was held at my local community college.

Arrive for the park opening and go left to Adventure land and ride everything in order. You will not have more than a 10 minute wait for any attraction, so no need to FP yet. Once done in Adventureland, head to Frontierland and get a FP for Splash. Then go to BTMRR and wait in line and ride (normally 15-20 mins wait at this point) after BTMRR head to The Haunted Mansion and wait for that as well. After HM, your FP should be ready for Splash, go ride that and make your way to Fantasyland and FP the longest Standby wait attraction. Ride everything else in Fantasyland and then go to the FP attraction (most line times in Fantasyland at this point will be around 20-40mins) This will leave you time to eat dinner and you'll have all night with Tomorrowland and you can FP Space Mountain. This will also place you at a good point for the fireworks show.

It takes too much valueable time to go from part of the park to a different part just to get a FP and head back. Stick to one area and finish it before moving on. This method has always placed us with haveing Adventureland and Frontierland being finished by lunch time. I hope this helps.:wave:

Disneian

Cut Left!

We Cut left ... we don't go all the way to the castle and cut by the ice cream shop and the Crytal Palace ... we hit Pirates, Splash, Thunder & the Mansion. After that - we swing by and ride them again if we want. We spend one day working one side of the park and take the afternoon off and then at night we work the second half of the park taking on Space Mountain, Philharmagic, Peter Pan, Snow White and a few other rides and then just for fun ... we hit the Mansion at night ... again.

Tim G

I would suggest thtough Mainstreet USA???

After that turn left... so clockwise... However I always go anti clockwise...

melbatoast

Corrus said:
I would suggest thtough Mainstreet USA???

After that turn left... so clockwise... However I always go anti clockwise...

Thats counter-clockwise.:)

Anyways, when my sister and I were younger, we used to take the train to Mickey's Toontown Fair, and work our way down to Adventureland, and going up to Tomorrowland last. Now, we usually just go wherever we feel like and don't have a set pattern.

erasure fan1

We make a B-line through the castle into fantasy land. Before we had kids it was go left for the swiss family tree house!!:lookaroun.
Actually splash, thunder, pirates and HM.

madtheswine630

We always go left, cutting onto that bridge path that leads through the smoking area and then comes out right next to the Liberty Tree Tavern. I love that path; I pretend for a little while that I'm in a Colonial Village (with lots of smokers.). :p

shimshim

Sort of a quiet thread for awhile, but oh well. :)

I never even thought about this until I started reading all sorts of tips on what to do, and lurking around on this board, but like most people. .or the last three times I've gone, we've always gone to right and circled around from there.

Space Mountain seems like the thing to do 'first!' whenever I go with someone who hasn't been to Disney in some years (which seems to be each trip I take) so I just wander behind them - whatever makes them happy.

But this year. .I've stated very clearly we are heading right for Pirates, no questions asked. :)

head mouse

I head up main street, then go left of the castle to thunder Mt and stuff. then work my way around to Fantasyland, then walk through the castle and go to the right to Tomorrowland and everything.

I do this because it is tradition for us to walk through the castle.

mousebymarriage

I have heard (don't know if it's a scientifically proven thing or not) but, they say people go in which ever direction they are handed. Meaning if your a right-handed person you just subconciously go to the right and left-handed person goes toward the left. Since most people are right-handed the right side is more crowded! Now, I happen to be right-handed but always start on the left at WDW but, I'm kind of a freak anyway!:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom