What did you think of Turtle Talk with Crush?

DisneyRoxMySox

I have not yet experienced the attraction, but from the reviews I've read it seems great. It looks like a great combination of popular Disney characters, an educational message and a entertaining attraction for all guests to enjoy and boost attendance to the pavillion. :wave:

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
DisneyRoxMySox said:
I have not yet experienced the attraction, but from the reviews I've read it seems great. It looks like a great combination of popular Disney characters, an educational message and a entertaining attraction for all guests to enjoy and boost attendance to the pavillion. :wave:

I had never seen the kids laugh so hard in the Living Seas before TTwC! :eek:

metscool

Wow after reading this and everyone saying good things about TTwC. I am going to try to go there in 9 days.
Thanks everyone for the good things about this ride. Can not wait to go.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
metscool said:
Wow after reading this and everyone saying good things about TTwC. I am going to try to go there in 9 days.
Thanks everyone for the good things about this ride. Can not wait to go.

You won't be disappointed. Enjoy! :wave:

maharet97a

We didn't get to experience TT on our Feb WDW trip because of the line. At almost an hour, it was way too much with a 2 year old. We did however get to go last month at DCA. The wait was all of about five minutes, and after seeing the show I could understand the lengthy wait at Epcot. It is absolutely fantastic. The difference between the wait times at the parks is incredible as well. On a Saturday in June, with DLR experiencing record crowds, it was a 5 minute standby compared to an hour on a Friday in early Feb. It is a fantastic experience and I can't wait to take friends and their kids in the fall. Now if they'll just come up with Rum Talk with Captain Jack Sparrow........

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I think that the TT technology is really innovative and it will fit into new Disney attractions easily. I am eagerly looking forward to the use of this technology in future attractions.

MickeyTigg

I thought it was very good and very entertaining.

My only complaint is that it's too popular for what they have. While enlarging the theater would lose the intimacy of the show...btw...they are going to move it to a larger theater when the Nemo ride is complete...they either need to add FastPass or build a second theater.

Disnut

I for one love it. We went last July and enjoyed it very much. I didn't know what it was all about and almost backed out of the line. I am very glad I didn't.

maharet97a

jedimaster1227 said:
I am eagerly looking forward to the use of this technology in future attractions.
The Monster's Inc. ride (Mike and Sulley to the Rescue) at DCA utilizes something similar to this (in a very small way). As you're pulling in to the unloading station, there's a AA figure of Roz and she makes comments about the riders as you stop beside her. She is specific to each vehicle. It's not as sophisticated as TT, but the comments are specific enough that you know who she's talking to. It's the best part of the ride in my opinion. She can be quite hilarious. Hitting on single male riders is a favorite pastime of hers:D.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
TiggerRPh said:
I thought it was very good and very entertaining.

My only complaint is that it's too popular for what they have. While enlarging the theater would lose the intimacy of the show...btw...they are going to move it to a larger theater when the Nemo ride is complete...they either need to add FastPass or build a second theater.

If they move it to another theater, what will happen to the existing theaters? It doesn't really make any sense to move it at the moment.

The Monster's Inc. ride (Mike and Sulley to the Rescue) at DCA utilizes something similar to this (in a very small way). As you're pulling in to the unloading station, there's a AA figure of Roz and she makes comments about the riders as you stop beside her. She is specific to each vehicle. It's not as sophisticated as TT, but the comments are specific enough that you know who she's talking to. It's the best part of the ride in my opinion. She can be quite hilarious. Hitting on single male riders is a favorite pastime of hers:D.

Hopefully I will be able to check it out when I go back to Disneyland next Summer! (I am counting down the days! :D- I really want to meet Maynard :lol:).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
There is a rumor that ops/wdi/someone wants Turtle Talk to move into the old preshow theater, the one that was bypassed and used for cast stage shows and small events.

Along those lines, the theater was rumored to be preserved from demolition and the new nemo ride because the educational programs wanted it for their use in the new pavilion, but now perhaps ops is winning and changing that into turtle talk.

I don't know if i beleive it though. From what i know, that theater is located behind the wall near the exit, where the gift shop currently is.

I don't see Turtle Talk working in such a large venue though.. maybe if it was split into two smaller theaters? But then how do you load/unload that area without extensive demo work to Seas?

So, for me atleast, it all doesn't seem to add up. LS is to reopen its ride soon, and according to everything i've seen, not much downtime, if any.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
There is a rumor that ops/wdi/someone wants Turtle Talk to move into the old preshow theater, the one that was bypassed and used for cast stage shows and small events.

Along those lines, the theater was rumored to be preserved from demolition and the new nemo ride because the educational programs wanted it for their use in the new pavilion, but now perhaps ops is winning and changing that into turtle talk.

I don't know if i beleive it though. From what i know, that theater is located behind the wall near the exit, where the gift shop currently is.

I don't see Turtle Talk working in such a large venue though.. maybe if it was split into two smaller theaters? But then how do you load/unload that area without extensive demo work to Seas?

So, for me atleast, it all doesn't seem to add up. LS is to reopen its ride soon, and according to everything i've seen, not much downtime, if any.

Actually, the area that you mentioned for the new theater doesn't make any sense due to an intersecting location between the ride and the gift shop. If you look at the wall where the old unload-station for the SeaCabs was, it is right in front of the gift shop (and right next to the escalator). IF it were to be moved, it wouldn't go there. Maybe it could fit into the second pre-show theater, and have two to four theaters by dividing the theater.

maharet97a

Hopefully I will be able to check it out when I go back to Disneyland next Summer! (I am counting down the days! :D- I really want to meet Maynard :lol:).[/quote]

We're heading back to DLR in the fall for what is probably our last visit. As surprise we're taking our friends and their 4 kids with us. Their kids have never been to any Disney park and I can't wait to see their reactions to TT and the Aladdin show. :) Have fun on your trip and good luck Maynard hunting.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
maharet97a said:
Hopefully I will be able to check it out when I go back to Disneyland next Summer! (I am counting down the days! :D- I really want to meet Maynard :lol:).

We're heading back to DLR in the fall for what is probably our last visit. As surprise we're taking our friends and their 4 kids with us. Their kids have never been to any Disney park and I can't wait to see their reactions to TT and the Aladdin show. :) Have fun on your trip and good luck Maynard hunting.

Which is more fun- Maynard Hunting or Smurf Hunting (I am referring to the old Smurf Hunt game on the Commodore Amiga- before most of your will remember)?

col

i like it. i queued up for 20-30 mins for it so i was gonna stay and watch it. i didnt know what to expect but i liked it -its something different in my point of view.

it gets everyone involved parents and kids which i think is good.

next time i go to wdw i will go and see it again i thought it was funny and nice.:)

Scar Junior

I thought it was cute. It was worth the 10-15 minute wait. Seeing other peoples' children that excited was great. Pretty funny questions sometimes too. I'll definitely head back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom