What day would you enter the parks?

Hey there! how is everyone?
I've got a trip booked in Sept/Oct 2020 and I'm umm-ing and ahh-ing over two choices I have.

I'll try to say this simply but sorry if I make it confusing..

We have a 15 night / 16 day stay at WDW with 14 day park tickets.

Originally, we only had 14 nights, but, we have since booked a disney cruise before hand, so now we basically end up with 2 extra almost full days in WDW! 😊 Spoiled, I know!

So basically, we will get off the cruise on Friday 21st Sept and check in to WDW that day, and stay until our flight home on 10th Oct.

What we are trying to decide is which 2 days to drop off from attending as we only have the 14 day consecutive tickets.

We will deffinately not enter the parks on Friday 21st Sept. We will check in, get over to the outlets and target to get supplies for the two weeks, grab dinner in Springs or at AKL (Our hotel) and head to bed early.

We then have two choices:

Option 1: Go to a park on Sat 22nd. (Our first full day) - this would mean on our last day, october 10th, we will not be able to enter the parks.

Option 2: Have another "Rest day" on Sat 22nd, and enter the parks on our last day. October 10th.

Most would say option 1, I'm sure - but the reasoning behind option 2 is that A) neither of us have done a cruise before, so not sure how we will be feeling after, tired, seasickness/landsickness etc, so might benefit from an extra day chilling, or going to springs and looking round our hotel and maybe some other hotels. and B) our flight home is not till 8pm, and therefore if we don't go to a park, i imagine we will be twiddling our thumbs not wanting to go too far due to the anxiety of missing the express back to the hotel! I know what I'm like! so visiting another resort and having to get 2 busses back in time fills me with terror!

anyway. Sorry for the ramble!

What would you do?

nickys

Premium Member
Last trip we were being picked up at around 2pm IIRC. Staying at Bay Lake, so 7-10 minutes walk away from MK.

I’d booked FPs for that last day and the plan was to leave the park around 1pm to give ourselves plenty of time.

I have to say I wasn’t exactly relaxed that day. Although the packing was done, there was all the last minute stuff - PJs, wash bags etc to pack away in the morning. And DS (21) who wouldn’t get out of bed! Even when we were at MK we were constantly clock-watching.

Next time, I don’t think I’ll do that again. Certainly not book FPs. Maybe a leisurely late breakfast at Crystal Palace and a stroll down Main St.

However you will have an extra couple of hours. If you honestly think you’ll be able to get to a park by 9 or 10am then go for it. But otherwise skip that last day, book a late breakfast or lunch. Swim, explore your resort, take a monorail tour, take a boat ride p, do something that isn’t going to make you feel rushed.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Yes, international 9 hour flight 😪 its at 8pm, so i imagine the magical express will be around 4/5pm

Tough choice, I could go both ways.

I’d say, see how you feel after the cruise. If you’re up for it I’d say hit a park on the first day. Maybe EPCOT, just spend time around World Showcase.

Then your last day I’d say spend at Disney Springs, or resort hop and explore

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We like to do a last day park visit just to end the trip on a high note. The last day is always MK. Because of that, if it were my choice Id do a day off in the middle of the trip, go to DS, do mini golfing, resort hopping or some other activities to get a break from the parks. By doing that you then start off the second half of your trip with the rest of the days following. Id just hate to leave WDW without a last day hurrah.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
We like to do a last day park visit just to end the trip on a high note. The last day is always MK. Because of that, if it were my choice Id do a day off in the middle of the trip, go to DS, do mini golfing, resort hopping or some other activities to get a break from the parks. By doing that you then start off the second half of your trip with the rest of the days following. Id just hate to leave WDW without a last day hurrah.

But the tickets are technically only valid for a consecutive period of 14 21 days, so they probably can’t do that. Nice idea though.

I assume they meant 21 days, not 14.

However, what OP could do is see if the system allows them to book for both the first and last days. If so, then they could do what you suggest. Sometimes the tickets will allow for any 21 days out of 22 (because a 21 day ticket would often go with a 21 night stay, same for the 14 day tickets).

* However, OP might want to check their dates and tickets. It may be the morning of New Year, but I’m not getting the 22nd to 10th as being a full 21 days.

22nd to 5th would be 14 days. So 21st to 10th would be 20 days. In which case they can get 21 day tickets and go to the parks every day. **

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Option 1.
This way you get a day to chill at the end instead of go go going right up til you leave.

I have not been on a cruise but my parents have been on a few and its pretty relaxed so they aren't tired after.
As for if you'll still feel like you're on the boat that generally happens if you remain still. So if you keep on being active it may not effect you.
Where as if you have an extra day to be relaxed and just sit then it could set in.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom