what day is the best to visit?

doctor tigger

Dear WDWMagic members,
Hi and forgive me for being a dope:rolleyes: --I posted my last question to the wrong board! I'll try again here, if that's ok. Here's my question---my family is visiting WDW in June, and I'd like to know, what are the best days of the week for visiting Magic Kingdom and MGM? I'm grateful for any help anyone can give me----I've only been to WDW once, a year ago, but now I'm hooked!:)

Thanks!

tybroid59

Originally posted by lentesta
[ Should you be interested, Bob is going to offer customized touring plans to readers through a website. The touring plans will be designed to let you see all the attractions you select, while minimizing your wait in line. I think the service starts when the book launches, so mid-August. Let me know if you'd like more details.

Len [/B]

I would be .......I have his guide book ..it was the first of 2 I bought and 4 others i borrowed...yeah yeah i have to many lol....................:lol:

Upvote 0

Cookees

Len,

BTW - I just love the "Unofficial Guide". Up until 2000, we were your standard "fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants" type of WDW tourist. Not anymore!!!!

We are going the first week of September, 2002. We have tentatively scheduled our week as such:

Sat.: EPCOT (day)/MK (night for SM viewing)
Mon: MK (day)/EPCOT (night)
Wed: MGM (all day)
Thurs: AK (day)/maybe EPCOT (night for dinner)
Fri: Assorted Hopping

With the exception of the Sat. MK visit for SM, and the Thursday AK visit, all others are flexible. Should we shoot for this itinerary or rearrange it? Your help is much appreciated and thanks in advance for it.

Michele

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Touring Plans

Hi Tybroid59-

The way the customized touring plans will work is this: You'll request an order form either from email or a website (don't have the exact email/website addresses yet, but should later this week). On the order form, you'll select the attractions you want to see, the time you'll arrive at the park, and and lunch or breaks you want to take during the day. You'll return this form via email to the Unofficial Guide.

Within two business days, the Guide will send you back a customized touring plan that details how to do everything you want while minimizing your wait in line. Your touring plans will be very similar in detail to the touring plans in the Guide, except they'll have your custom itinerary on it. Cost is going to be around $11.

The standard touring plans in the Guide are designed based on three main assumptions: (1) that you arrive early to the park - typically around 40 minutes before the park opens; (2) you want to see the vast majority of the attractions in the touring plan; (3) it's not the week between Christmas and New Year - the parks are so crowded then that the lines and people's behavior differ significantly from the rest of the year.

If these three things sound like you, then the standard touring plans are almost perfect - it is highly unlikely that you could save more time by re-arranging the order of the attractions. We tested the standard touring plans during Spring Break this year, and the results were very good. The 2003 touring plan for the Magic Kingdom saves about 90 minutes of standing in line versus the 2002 edition. Guests on their first visit to the Magic Kingdom who used the touring plans saved more time than Disney veterans, some of whom had 50+ visits to WDW under their belts.

The **customized** touring plans are good for people who do not want to wake up at 6:30 a.m. to tour the parks every day, but still want to save time standing in line. Or, if you want to see a different set of attractions than those the Guide suggests, then customized touring plans are for you. Finally, if you're going to go during the holidays, and want to see more than a few attractions, customized touring plans are a good bet.

Creating a good touring plan is really, really complicated for more than a handful of attractions. The two main problems are that the number of possible ways to see the attractions gets big very fast (there are over 3.6 million ways to see the ten most popular attractions in the MK, for example), and almost no one has the historical wait and Fastpass times for the attractions on which to base their decisions.

Collecting the wait- and Fastpass times is a story in it's own right. Had we had more pages in the Guide, I would have loved to share them.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Len

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Hi Michele-

Thanks for reading the Guide! September should be a great time to go. Were you able to get any discount on your hotel?

It looks from your plans as though you'll be hitting the highlights of each park, since you'll be visiting two of them per day. The Magic Kingdom might be a little more crowded than normal on a Monday, but the fact that you're going in September might make that okay. As long as you get there early, you should be fine. And by saving it for later in the day, you can eat dinner in Epcot - I'm jealous :) . Let me know how it goes.

I think the rest of your schedule looks good - I'll check the latest info in the Guide to make sure. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Len

Upvote 0

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by doctor tigger
Dear WDWMagic members,
Hi and forgive me for being a dope:rolleyes: --I posted my last question to the wrong board! I'll try again here, if that's ok. Here's my question---my family is visiting WDW in June, and I'd like to know, what are the best days of the week for visiting Magic Kingdom and MGM? I'm grateful for any help anyone can give me----I've only been to WDW once, a year ago, but now I'm hooked!:)

Thanks!

Interesting question, Doc. By the way -- welcome to the boards :)

I, too, found that going during the week (Mon-Thurs) is fine when school is in session. However, once Friday rolls around, you know alot of parents are taking their kids out of school early on Friday so that they can go to Disney. Saturdays and Sundays are sheer hell (especially at the Magic Kingdom). Stay away from there if you can. Try a park like Epcot which is not all that busy, at all!

I went to the Magic Kingdom the weekend of Superbowl Sunday last year and it was pretty empty. I prefer the week after Thanksgiving because everyone is concentrating on getting their xmas shopping done.

4th Of July is pretty bad and so is Xmas. Toooooo crowded! One year (1999), they had to shut down the Magic Kingdom because it was full to capacity. My brother and I waited outside the turnstiles for a good 35 mins before they let us in.

To me, though, I really don't care when I go to Disney. I love being there. :)

Upvote 0

Cookees

Len,

Thanks for getting back to me so fast!!! Yes, we used the "CQT" code. We are staying at POR-Riverside for 9 nights. Our family is so excited . The longest we've ever stayed at WDW is five consecutive days. We go every year (sometimes only to 1-2 parks), but ususally split up our vacation time with the beach since my father lives in Daytona Beach.

Yes, I'm going to be the "Drill Sergeant" and make them all get up extra early (even if we're on vacation). I've included rest days in between some of our park touring so that should help with our exhaustion. I've been known to make them "go" forever and see as much as possible. My father calls me the "Cruel Activities Director" -- LOL!!! Hopefully, with the help of the "Guide", I will be able to take it slower this time around. See more attractions with less wait time, and include some rest periods throughout the day. I am praying that the September crowds will enable us to do so. We've had excellent luck during this time period in the past!!!

Also, we are planning on eating dinner at EPCOT one or two nights.

Again thanks for the info!!!

Michele

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom