What day do you think the WDW XMAS PARADE will be taped for tv?

s25843

ABC Christmas Parade Taping
Magic Kingdom
December 2 & 3, 2005 (Rain date December 4)
Taping begins at 7:00 a.m. and runs until 5:00 p.m. each day. Guests will be rerouted into the park through backstage areas behind Main Street to Tomorrowland.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
So I cant walk down mainstreet from 12pm to 5pm on Dec 3rd?

Do you think rides will be packed that day or that more people will be interested in the parade tv taping?

mkfan23

I really dont like the way this sounds. I was planing on going to the magic kingdom fri dec 2 and sat dec 3. Why does it have to take all day, or two days for that matter?

tirian

Taping will be December 2nd and 3rd, primarily on the 3rd.

So I cant walk down mainstreet from 12pm to 5pm on Dec 3rd?

I'm not sure how long Guests can't be on the streets. The parade taping is only for CMs and their families, and I'm assuming that they don't want Guests running back and forth across Main Street as they film everything!

Of course, Disney will figure out a way for Guests to be able to shop on Main Street. :lol:

bgraham34

it better not rain. The 4th is our last day and we always stay at the MK until we have to leave for the airport. It will stink if we cant go down Mainstreet one last time.

wannab@dis

During taping, it's just like any other parade. You must stay on the sidewalks and cross at designated areas. Guests can stop and watch the parades. We've never been told to leave the viewing areas because it was for CMs only nor have I ever heard that one.

Away from the taping areas, it's still crowded, but not horrible. We were able to enjoy several attractions with short waits. Seeing the "sets and equipment" for the taping is pretty cool and, if you're lucky, you may end up on TV. :D

Everyone should see the taping at least once! :wave:

fillerup

My wife and I were volunteers for two days in the audience last December so I'll just tell you how it was for us.

We entered at 7am through the main gates, not backstage. The taping is open to volunteers and the vast majority were not CMs.

Regular guests are not prohibited from Main Street or any other area, they are simply kept on the sidewalks as it would be for any other parade. During breaks in the taping, crosswalks are provided for crossing.

CMs working the production were encouraging entering guests to become part of the audience for as little or as long a time as they wished.

KevinPage

tirian said:
I'm not sure how long Guests can't be on the streets. The parade taping is only for CMs and their families, and I'm assuming that they don't want Guests running back and forth across Main Street as they film everything!:

Incorrect. We had tickets last year for the taping, were there at 6:50am, lined up on Main Street, sat there for an eternity while they set up, filmed, etc.

Once the regular guests were allowed into the park at 9am, the MC even told them they were filming portions of the parade and if they wanted to stay and fill out Main Street, please do, you might be on TV. Some people stayed, some just walked by on their way to the rides, etc.

I did not see anyone being pushed backstage. That seems to be an issue when they have a huge influx of people leaving at the same time. They can't control that at park closing. They can control the flow of people entering the park (ie - turnstiles)

PixyDust

We simply walked upon it in 2003 and had a camera in our son's face for 5 minutes at the very least. And no one in my even extended family has ever been a CM.

WDWcrazy626

Honestly, I love Chirstmas and Disney and a Disney Christmas however, the day that the parade was taped was the worst day I've ever had at Disney. There are so many people there that are smooshed onto the sidewalks and they all want to stop and see what's going on so they do...right where they want! People don't move out of your way or they even try to go faster and push you along even if you can't go anywhere. I was actually run into by someone in one of the mechanical wheelchairs last year because I was "going too slow"! There's no where..let me repeat..NO WHERE to go! I highly suggest avoiding MK on the days of the tapings! We always go the first week of December and we will, for every trip in the future, plan our vacation around the taping of the parade. But despite all this, I still love a Disney Christmas and will not stop attending the park because of it!!! Just alter the days which I go to MK vs. Epcot, AK, etc.

tirian

Incorrect. We had tickets last year for the taping, were there at 6:50am, lined up on Main Street, sat there for an eternity while they set up, filmed, etc.

Once the regular guests were allowed into the park at 9am, the MC even told them they were filming portions of the parade and if they wanted to stay and fill out Main Street, please do, you might be on TV. Some people stayed, some just walked by on their way to the rides, etc.

Several days ago, my entertainment supervisor told me that the majority of the filming this year will be only for CMs and their families. Please note that I AM a CM, and my supervisor announced this so that we could get our families here in time. Disney tapes the parade over a two-day period. Of course, Guests are filmed at some point, but the majority of the crowd on the main taping day is primarily made up of CMs.

tirian

Honestly, I love Chirstmas and Disney and a Disney Christmas however, the day that the parade was taped was the worst day I've ever had at Disney. There are so many people there that are smooshed onto the sidewalks and they all want to stop and see what's going on so they do...right where they want!

I wholeheartedly agree. That's why my family comes for the taping, then GETS OUT! This is also the reason that the primary taping day is only for CMs. Again, let me explain: there are two taping days. The primary day (which is December 3rd this year) gives Main Street crowd preference to CMs and their families. Of course, within the two days, regular Guests may be part of the taping, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom