What Country Would You Like to be Added in the World Showcase?

What countries would you like to visit in the WS?

• Total voters

21stamps

My perfect showcase-

Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque facing each other with streetmosphere, turskish ice cream stands, and backgammon boards at tables in between, serving Apple Tea and Turkish Coffee., also represention of the Bosphorus and islands within.. include a small bridge with the Europe/Asia line. Do a mini palace walkthru or Ottoman themed restaurant. Have a Bazaar.. so many possibilities!!

Extra bonus points- include a Hammam as an upcharge option. :)

(Photos from google)

FCBB18F7-C279-4C94-A2B7-5E9B3289A2F4.jpeg
52373826-6CA0-4CCE-8F9D-753327CC94C7.jpeg

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes. They both speak Arabic and share many customs.
Morocco exhibits more French influence.
There’s so much they could do with the pavilion, and they took the bare minimum approach. Definitely needs another restaurant (Quick Service), and some sort of attraction that isn’t a movie. Keep O Canada, but build literally anything else (hockey attraction, whitewater rapids ride, Canadian wilderness attraction).
Really?

Beer. Check.
Beer and cheese soup. Check.
Poutine. Check.
Martin Short. Check.

Looks like a whole country to me...

21stamps

Really?

Beer. Check.
Poutine. Check.
Martin Short. Check.

For sure, and I’m glad we have Morocco out of the two.. I also think it has better food, and music.

No offense to Spanish or Arabic speakers, I just think there’s so much more in the world to choose from.

TheDuke

Israel, India, Kenya, or S. Africa woud be my picks from the list if they were going to add one.

Russia, Saudi Arabia/UAE, Australia, or New Guinea/Polynesia are other parts of the world that aren't yet represented in the WS.

Switzerland would be cool, but there are so many European countries already that it would be redundant. If I were remaking the WS I would probably prefer having it to Italy/Germany/Norway

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs

Really?

Beer. Check.
Poutine. Check.
Martin Short. Check.

I wish they’d bring back the original Canada (You’re a Lifetime Journey). I doubt it, but at least they stopped mentioning who was singing the new (about a decade old, really) rendition. Like I’m gonna know or care at this point who won Canadian Idol.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Solely from a food and culture perspective, I'd love to see India and Switzerland added. Spain wouldn't be a bad choice, but I agree that it feels too similar to Mexico--at least as I think Disney would "imagine" it.

France, Italy, and Germany don’t already cover Swiss cuisine? Is there something unique?

Last edited:

21stamps

I'd love Spain if only as an excuse for a giant tapas restaurant and Basque country bar (maybe as a recreation of La Rambla, a famous outdoor marketplace). And there could be a scary journey through Goya paintings. Ha. Or a Pamplona area with a matador/running of the bulls rollercoaster. I know, I'm stretching... It would also be nice to have a legit European castle (Akershus aside) like Castle of Butrón, but that may look too much like the actual Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Israel and Russia would be fabulous for the protests alone!

LOL @ your last sentence.

My biggest fear of Spain is that it would be staffed with Puerto Ricans, or other people who mutilate the Spanish language ;)

mattdenine

Really?

Beer. Check.
Poutine. Check.
Martin Short. Check.

I agree the addition of QS soup and “poutine” are a recent improvement I just think Canada has a lot of unused space that Disney could do something with. Also the povilion has a lot to do with the mountains which is great but I would like them show other things Canada is know for. Even the shop is pretty sad compared to other countries.

21stamps

Disney doesn't help with the confusion either by throwing Aladdin (the Disney version of which is set in Arabia) into Morocco. Arabs and Berbers are not the same things.

I think I’m in the minority who feels that Jasmine fits in perfectly in Morocco.

I’m always confused by thoughts that she doesn’t.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

NONE. First? Clean up the EXISTING lands. FIX what you have, before expanding.... unless you plan on tearing out decay.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom