What Classics Would You Not Mind Leaving?

jjharvpro

I think most would agree that Speedway should be the one to go. All I want for CoP is a update. My idea for that update would be for it to go back to its original state. Make it fully TRUE to it's name -- WALT DISNEY'S Carousel of Progress. JC is still a great, classic attraction. All the rest of the remaining opening day classics should be fine IMO.

copcarguyp71

And they better not touch Peter Pan (unless they're refurbishing, it needs it)! It's one of my faves though:)It really has that Disney magic.

If they could just figure out a way to load more guests per hour I would definitley aggree! Return on investment of your time in the que is pretty low but if you did not have to wait so darn long it would be worth while.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
I never cared much for JC. Or the Tiki Room. One of those would be my pick
CoP just needs updating. Especially the end!!
Speedway is just meh. I like the idea of putting updated Rocket Rods there!!! It looked like a really fun ride but I never got to experience it :(
I love Philharmagic! I would never want to see it go. But the 3-D could be updated.
And they better not touch Peter Pan (unless they're refurbishing, it needs it)! It's one of my faves though:)It really has that Disney magic.
I don't know. Think if they gutted PPF and Philharmagic, they could fill it with a much grander Peter Pan. One where you actually feel like you're flying over a place rather than placed figures. One where never land scenes are durring the day, one where the Hook/Pan fight uses more advanced AA's. But that's blue sky. Philharmagic could be added to Animation Courtyard or maybe even a whole new film, but port the sets (screen, seats etc.) To DHS. Now in terms of CoP, I can't see why it can't be moved to epcot...or why some can't let it go. I mean, I never really see it opened, and if I did, I never see people get on it.

FettFan

I don't know. Think if they gutted PPF and Philharmagic, they could fill it with a much grander Peter Pan. One where you actually feel like you're flying over a place rather than placed figures. One where never land scenes are durring the day, one where the Hook/Pan fight uses more advanced AA's. But that's blue sky. Philharmagic could be added to Animation Courtyard or maybe even a whole new film, but port the sets (screen, seats etc.) To DHS. Now in terms of CoP, I can't see why it can't be moved to epcot...or why some can't let it go. I mean, I never really see it opened, and if I did, I never see people get on it.

Move PhilharMagic into the Little Mermaid show in animation courtyard. She's getting a Fantasyland Expansion ride, she doesn't need a stage show too.

Magenta Panther

Magic Kingdom, although its not "land locked" like Disneyland or TDL, its shaped king of oddly. With that, i was wondering what classics would you be relatively ok with leaving the park in favor of new attractions/expansions?

I personally wouldnt mind the Jungle Cruise leaving only because Animal Kingdom is dadicated to animals and junglle environments.

"its a small world" is a bit saddening to look at if you've seen the other facades. Not only does its outside seem unappealing, but its entrance also kinda bottle-necks the pathway between Liberty Square and Fantasyland. It could be rebuilt with a new facade with the entrance pushed back a bit.

"Mickey's Philharmagic" is a cool show that i can say i enjoy. But i think a similar show would be needed and much more appreciated in DHS' Animation Courtyard

Tomorrowland Speedway....self explanitory

what are your opinions?

Jungle Cruise. So dated it's kind of embarrassing even to ride. It needs a major overhaul, or another attraction should take its place. It's had its day.

As for Philharmagic, I think it fits in very well in Fantasyland because it features so many classic Disney-created or adapted characters, like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Peter Pan, Simba, the brooms from Fantasia, etc. What better place for them to be than in Fantasyland? Just because Philharmagic's show is animated doesn't mean it should be in DHS.

bdearl41

I would do away with speedway and jungle cruise. both are tired, and have newer better replacements. Speedway has Test Track, and Jungle Cruise has Animal Kingdom. Both could provide great opportunities to put in more and better attractions.

bdearl41

Move PhilharMagic into the Little Mermaid show in animation courtyard. She's getting a Fantasyland Expansion ride, she doesn't need a stage show too.

This is actually a fantastic idea! Fits better, and provides a spot for a new attraction in FL, possibly Pinnochio, which i would love! This also would provide a great starting point to revamp the animation courtyard at DHS.

ddbowdoin

I'd get rid of Philharmagic... cool concept, but dated technology.

Tomorrowland Speedway... a classic but takes up some serious real estate.

AS LONG AS THEY DON'T PUT ANY MORE DAMN MEET AND GREETS UP, I'M COOL!

Omegadiz

Original Poster
I gotta say that the CBJ is an attraction that feels the most like chuck e cheeses. I know its much higher quality, but still. Then that would beg the question, what to put in its place

Sofiesmom

Small World. CANNOT stand that ride! LOL
I dont know where all the love for the Speedway is. I have always loved that ride even now as an adult!!! :oops:

bethymouse

Definitely Speedway. Also Carousel of Progress. I agree that PhilharMagic would be great in the Animation Courtyard too, perhaps with an updated, HD film.
Carousel of Progress needed a good refurb. The seats were dirty and the whole attraction really needs help. Walt would not be happy!:(

FettFan

I gotta say that the CBJ is an attraction that feels the most like chuck e cheeses. I know its much higher quality, but still. Then that would beg the question, what to put in its place

A new version of CBJ with more fluid animatronics and a completely enhanced sound system.

CBJ or some sort of stage show (perhaps an abbreviated version of the Golden Horseshoe show?) needs to be there....it lets the guests get off their feet and out of the heat or a bit.

The Duck

If I ran the show... I would completely gut Test Track and convert it back into World of Motion.
After that, I would flap my arms and fly to the moon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom