What characters do behind the scenes

mkepcotmgmak

WDWKat26 said:
Actually the funny thing is, I smile for pictures, I guess after doing it for ya know, 20 years you kinda can't stop! lol, and everyone always knows that i'm up to no good, that's a given! :drevil:

i was the same way most of the time... sometimes you just couldn't help but smile...

CAPTAIN HOOK

pat in the hat said:
that it was more of a sensationalized ploy to boost sales for a new magazine?
Disney is a household name and anything which implies that anything associated with Disney is slightly untoward and you've got a money making article - It doesn't matter whether there's a grain of truth in it

weluvtink

All I can say is what they do or don't do on their own time is their business. I can understand people attending the college program or just younger CM's going a little wild. Most of these kids are away from home for the first time. That was never my scene, but it's very common. As long as their performance "onstage" is good, does it matter if they have a drink when their shift ends?

drew81

Every place of employment has things like this going on. Just because it's Disney the reporter thinks that this article is a valid piece of journalism and needs to be reported. This article is garbage. Complete trash.

I bet if you looked hard enough the same type of things would be going on between some of the employees of that newspaper. I really don't like it when people I know who work in entertainment are said to be doing things like this. Yes it happens, but it's not the case for everyone.

gsimpson

I have known too many people who work at WDW to even consider that this is the norm. But then gee, the Washing Post precenting a one sided article and reporting only one point of view with carefully selected facts and half truths that support thier preconcieved point of view. And what a surprise, it is against a corporation that to some is a harbinger of values. Who would have thought??? I mean apart from anyone who has ever read their journalistic macinations.

Tom

Beta Return
It would be ignorant to say that every CM is an angel. As others have mentioned, you're dealing with people. They're CMs onstage, but people offstage.

Now, when it comes to drinking and doing drugs and having adult relations offstage and off the clock - I don't care one bit. Now, if they show up onstage with ANY of those substances still in their body and bloodstream - I think they should be terminated immediately. It's just as if they were in public, or driving - they are creating a hazard to themselves, but more importantly the guests. If the story about Pooh falling down stairs is even remotely true - it's still not unreasonable to occur. I don't want my kid being stepped on by a drunk or stoned character - or whatever else.

AS for the Article - I'm sure its just our "wonderful" media making a mountain out of a mole-hill, just to gain readership. I don't take anything from the Post worth a darn anyway.

AEfx

LOL that was pretty funny. :)

You could write that kind of article about any workplace - school, hospital, office, etc.

I didn't find it terribly shocking, but it was humorous.

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom