What changes will Phase 3 bring to Universal?

Jimdalva

Original Poster
We are seniors (a high risk group) and have booked a Universal package at the Hard Rock, Because we felt safe visiting with all the safety procedures in place. Now the Florida Governor has declared 'Phase 3', and removed all restrictions. This makes me apprehensive about this vacation. We hope Universal continues with all their safety protocols for the foreseeable future.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

This is jm2c and you obviously know your acceptable level of risk: Being in a high-risk group as you are, I would think twice before visiting Universal with or without any governor's orders and regardless of how "open" FL is. Based on the pictures of the crowds from Labor Day w/e, it doesn't appear Universal has been doing much of anything to limit crowds. I just hope you're aware that Universal has NOT put into place the same precautions and limitations that WDW has.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have fun and stay safe!

macefamily

We were at Universal on a Saturday one month ago. We stayed for about 3 hours and then decided it wasn't worth it. The park was jammed and they oversold Express passes because some rides were booked solid by 1:00 PM with no more regular admittance permitted. My annual pass expires 1/6/21 and I'm pretty sure I'm not renewing until this pandemic is eradicated.

Tom Morrow

Quote from my friend who visited last Saturday:

“not only were they not enforcing social distancing, employees were actively forcing guests to not social distance by forcing lines to move forward. When attempting to get lockers, we ended up shoulder to shoulder with other guests, packed in like sardines - literally no different than getting a locker pre-covid.”

It’s really weird and disappointing that they are mostly following their procedures and promises during the week but saying “f- it” on weekends. It really seems like park reservations should really be put in place. I’m not a “keep everything shut down” person but smaller steps need to be taken than the giant leaps we have seen.

Last edited:

Archie123

Quote from my friend who visited last Saturday:

“not only were they not enforcing social distancing, employees were actively forcing guests to not social distance by forcing lines to move forward. When attempting to get lockers, we ended up shoulder to shoulder with other guests, packed in like sardines - literally no different than getting a locker pre-covid.”

It’s really weird and disappointing that they are mostly following their procedures and promises during the week but saying “f- it” on weekends. It really seems like park reservations should really be put in place. I’m not a “keep everything shut down” person but smaller steps need to be taken than the giant leaps we have seen.

My son said the same thing. They were told to move forward and basically fill all available spaces on a few of the rides.

Tom Morrow

I’ve been hitting up all the parks this week. Disney is now as crowded as Universal. However, Disney is significantly more enjoyable because of the lack of Fastpass. The wait times are all over-posted. The queues all move at a steady pace. No stress.

Universal is still running Express which means the waits are exactly as long as posted and you crawl through them at a snail’s pace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom