What can AK consider for an Evening Closer?

tomm4004

Ryoseth said:
you make a vild point. so do yah think they should have a show a little early? or extend the park hours with restaurants and such to make more money? and how long would that take?
I'm not sure. Like I said, Illuminations makes sense. Fantasmic is a little harder because you basically have most of the guest sitting (or doing the wave!) waiting for the show from say 6:30-7:30. Now people buy lots of snacks and trinkets and the stores are open when people leave, but for the last hour or so of park hours the rest of the park is dead. They do fill a couple of the restaurants with the dinner package. The beauty of Illuminations is that you can eat and shop your heart out and then step right up watch the show at 8:59.

So I think AK will get a show if Disney finds it's economically viable, if it adds revenue and profits. That would entail not just getting more people into the park, but having them spend money on food and trinkets. A couple of sitdowns would certainly be a step in that direction.

Ryoseth

Original Poster
how long do you think that would take? is this something that could be done in 1 year or 2, or like, 5-7 years down the road?

1stStarIC2nite

I've always imagined a nighttime lagoon show, using the water between the Tree of Life and Everest. The show would be themed around the "Circle of Life." It would be accompanied by music from the countries represented in the parks, as well as some classic Disney movies. Imagine a North America segment complete with the "Transformation" soundtrack from Brother Bear... that would have huge projections in the sky of animal spirits... like the movie. In the Asia segment, you could almost have a Jungle Book/Disneyland Fantasmic jungle segment soundtrack. Obviously there would be other scenes, too. Of course, there would be incredibe pyro effects, lasers, fountains, and maybe even some AA's? The finale would be a mixture of Circle of Life and a tribute to Tapestry of Dreams... I made a rough copy of it somewhere... but I don't know how to upload it... I kinda like it... :king:

tomm4004

Ryoseth said:
how long do you think that would take? is this something that could be done in 1 year or 2, or like, 5-7 years down the road?
Someone said there's a sitdown in the works although they didn't say where. I haven't heard anything and I don't remember seeing any construction but that doesn't mean anything. Certainly a show could be up and running within the year.

STR8FAN2005 said:
I think that it would be a show on the portion of Discovery River in front of Forbidden Mountain. The show should have fireworks, music, and floats on the river.
Is the area big enough to have a lot of people view it?

imagineersrock

tomm4004 said:
Someone said there's a sitdown in the works although they didn't say where. I haven't heard anything and I don't remember seeing any construction but that doesn't mean anything. Certainly a show could be up and running within the year.
The restaurant you're talking about is "Asia" (the working name of it) set to open in Asia summer 2007.

CaptainMichael

hypercatmatt04 said:
Is the area big enough to have a lot of people view it?
Currently, it is the biggest open area in the park. I suppose an ampitheater could be built in Camp Minnie-Mickey like the one for Fantasmic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom