What camera to use for POV’s

DiscoveryTank

Original Poster
Hello,
I am planning on visiting WDW within the next few years and I don’t know what camera to use to get footage for ride POV’s. If you don’t know me then I am a new Theme Parker and hope on starting a Theme Park channel soon and I do wonder, what camera is best for POV’s.
Thanks if you have an answer and I don’t know where I should have put this post so I put it here as it felt like it fits better here.

Jahona

Hello,
I am planning on visiting WDW within the next few years and I don’t know what camera to use to get footage for ride POV’s. If you don’t know me then I am a new Theme Parker and hope on starting a Theme Park channel soon and I do wonder, what camera is best for POV’s.
Thanks if you have an answer and I don’t know where I should have put this post so I put it here as it felt like it fits better here.

The most popular cameras for point of view video will come down to action cameras. Typically these have the easiest mounts for placement on the body. There's a couple I could recommend. Most of them have great image stabilization in camera as well making their small package perfect for most things. The downfall of action cameras is their low light performance. It's not always the greatest.

The current top market contenders would be:
GoPro Hero 7
DJI Osmo Action

This video is a bit long but but does a great comparison of most action cameras on the market.

Now if you want to talk about the best quality you can possibly get then I would probably suggest a different route. Picking up a Sony A7III or A7RIII, new or used, would offer higher image quality and control in most lighting conditions. Pair that with a good wide angle lens, like the Sigma 16mm f/1.8, and you would have a camera that would knock the action cameras out of the park in image quality. The trade up is slightly weaker in camera image stabilization, a larger form factor, and price. To compensate for the weaker image stabalization you could pick up a DJI Ronin-SC, which should be allowed into the parks. I've seen videos of it being used there several times.

go pro is the most common. but im not sure they are allowed at disney on ride?

Go Pro's are allowed on rides. They just can't be attached to extendable poles, aka selfie sticks. Now Universal has a no photography and video policy on rides in general.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom