What attractions might be closed in December 2008?

dubba10

We've been to the world a few times for the holidays and have not run into any closings yet.:hammer: Knock on wood!
Dec. is the best time to go as far as I'm concerned, for that reason alone.

Upvote 0

Jimmy Thick

From what I've learned...

Space Mountain MK
Splash Mountain MK

Soarin Epcot
Test Track Epcot

Expedition Everest AK
Dinosaur AK

Rock And Rollercoaster MGM
Tower of Terror MGM

So far, thats the only ones I can confirm, I hope this does not spoil your plans or vacation.

Jimmy Thick- Master of information...:dazzle:

Upvote 0

TestTrack

From what I've learned...

Space Mountain MK
Splash Mountain MK

Soarin Epcot
Test Track Epcot

Expedition Everest AK
Dinosaur AK

Rock And Rollercoaster MGM
Tower of Terror MGM

So far, thats the only ones I can confirm, I hope this does not spoil your plans or vacation.

Jimmy Thick- Master of information...:dazzle:

I heard pirates is going down for a refurb too. Plus Haunted mansion for phase 2 of the refurb. It's a small world will go down while mathematicians calculate whether the world can still be classified as small.

The Safari at AK will be shutdown due to a rabid lion. The Tree of life will be down due to the leaves that must be cleaned up.

Spaceship earth will go down for phase 2 of its refurb as well. They are installing rockets so that they will not be sued for calling the building a "spaceship".

That's all I have heard so far...always possible more will close.

Upvote 0

coasterphil

Thats one of the best things about going early in December. It's close enough to the high season that things are generally all open, plus crowds are light and the weather is great.

Upvote 0

Rob562

As others have said, you more than likely won't have anything closed in December.

The exceptions being any MAJOR multi-month refurbishments that Disney simply cannot schedule at any other time. The big refurb of Space Mountain out in Disneyland is a good example, it was closed for 18+ months.

You might run into minor closures, though. For example, the Magic Carpets in MK are scheduled to be closed for 5-6 days in early December this year.

Oh, and in the winter only one water park will be open at a time. They close one park for a couple months for cleaning and maintenance, and then sometime in late December/early January they swap them.

-Rob

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

I'd have to say that Space Mountain is a verrrrrry good possibility. And who knows what could be happening at Hollywood Studios...hopefully good things! I wish Disney would just close it for a year till it can regain the "magic" that it has lost.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom