What attraction is overrated?

Brad Bishop

I think some are mixing, "not a great ride or their cup of tea" with "overrated".

The Tomorrowland Speedway: I wouldn't call that one overrated as no one says, "OMG!!! You've GOT to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway!!!"

TSMM, Peter Pan are rides like that where people seem to say "you gotta ride it" and, while they're not bad, they're not great rides. 7DMT falls into that, as well.

I'd argue Soarin' does, too. It's not bad, it's just not the "gotta ride" that people seem to think it is.

For some of the others that were mentioned like Space Mountain: I'd argue that it gives you a good/complete ride. It's neat that it's in the mountain and all that. It's basically something akin to a wild mouse type coaster but it works. I wouldn't call it overrated, though.

Johnguelff

Random I know but people complain about 45-1 hour wait times at Disney. Try going to Cedar Point in summer. On Saturday the crappy rollercoasters were an hour. With the better coasters being at least TWO HOUR waits. Many times at CP I have waited 3 even 4 hours for a 2 min ride. When at WDW I just smile at the short wait times for far superior rides. :) thank you Disney

mimitchi33

World of Motion. To me, it's just a rip-off of Spaceship Earth, but with it being about transportation instead of technology. I can't believe my parents waited three hours to ride this one Christmas.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Rock n Rollercoaster... I think part of the problem is that I grew up near one of the two original LIM launched coaster, Outer Limit: Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion in VA. When that ride first opened, the whole novelty of the "launch" was completely new and only a few trains full were allowed on the loading platform at a time so you never actually got to see it launch until you were just about to ride. The whole thing (like Rock n Rollercaoster) is indoor and when it first opened, the indoor queue had VERY good themeing (for a non-Disney/non-Universal park) and a whole story leading up to the ride. It was quite good. When I heard that Disney was building something similar I was excited to see how Disney could take it to the next level, but, in all honesty, there was not much improved upon. Rock n Rollercoaster has a large portion of the queue which is outside and completely unthemed and the main portion of the ride just feels really cheaply done...

Brad Bishop

Rock n Rollercoaster... I think part of the problem is that I grew up near one of the two original LIM launched coaster, Outer Limit: Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion in VA. When that ride first opened, the whole novelty of the "launch" was completely new and only a few trains full were allowed on the loading platform at a time so you never actually got to see it launch until you were just about to ride. The whole thing (like Rock n Rollercaoster) is indoor and when it first opened, the indoor queue had VERY good themeing (for a non-Disney/non-Universal park) and a whole story leading up to the ride. It was quite good. When I heard that Disney was building something similar I was excited to see how Disney could take it to the next level, but, in all honesty, there was not much improved upon. Rock n Rollercoaster has a large portion of the queue which is outside and completely unthemed and the main portion of the ride just feels really cheaply done...

No - you're missing it. It's themed to "sound stage".. It's like having a "warehouse" theme.

I share in your disappointment of the ride.

admiral-ari-x

Random I know but people complain about 45-1 hour wait times at Disney. Try going to Cedar Point in summer. On Saturday the crappy rollercoasters were an hour. With the better coasters being at least TWO HOUR waits. Many times at CP I have waited 3 even 4 hours for a 2 min ride. When at WDW I just smile at the short wait times for far superior rides. :) thank you Disney

Go anytime BUT Friday and Saturday. Thursday is iffy, but much better than those days. Wait times are hellish on weekends- we started going monday-wednesday and it's pure bliss.

admiral-ari-x

I think Astro Orbiter is madly overrated. Dumbo at least came first, but wowie, a spinner on top of a building with unreasonably long wait times. Peter Pan, I've never been able to get on it, and it does look really dated from what I've seen. And I've always thought the castle shows were overrated, but hey, the more people that watch, the shorter the wait times! Philarmagic was good, but it hasn't changed at all, it needs updating. Even if Donald is my favorite character...

And yeah, TSMM is mad overrated. Test Track's wait time is always outrageous and the ride is never worth it, and I feel sad because it was a solid ride and I wanted to enjoy it more. We got a fastpass and it still took an hour and a half!!! :mad:

admiral-ari-x

Really? I'm the first to say Soarin'? Because Soarin'. It's fun, but not worth the ridiculous long lines it gets.

Another ride I've never been able to get on because of outrageous wait times! I haven't seen any footage so I won't judge it, but it looks like wait time has gone down a bit with the third theatre so hopefully it'll be more accessible.

JiminyandTink

Due to the length of wait times it gets, I would say TSMM, very fun ride and all, but you might expect more from a ride that still has such long waits after all this time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom