What are your top three attractions ever designed and opened by WDI? (defunct attractions are fair game)

co10064

Premium Member
To me, I have always found something "off" about Rise (and I'm a big Star Wars fan). I definitely enjoy it, but it doesn't rank near the top of my list.

Maybe it's because they set it in the sequel era, maybe it's because some of the sets feel too plastic to me, or maybe because the isolated ride (strip the story and theming) isn't thrilling.

Mostly, I think the reason why I feel the disconnect is that before I rode it, I had consistently seen it hyped up as "the best ride Disney has ever made," and it just didn't live up to that hype for me.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Because I'm a rebel, I'm gonna do three existing and three defunct.
Existing
  1. Haunted Mansion. Just... *Chef's kiss*
  2. Expedition Everest. Even if 75% of the show scenes aren't functional, it's still an extremely fun ride and incredible theming.
  3. Tower of Terror
Defunct
  1. Splash Mountain (WDW)
  2. Great Movie Ride
  3. Splash Mountain (Disneyland)

TrainsOfDisney

Splash, Pirates and Radiator Springs Racers are probably the best “Disney E-Ticket” ever designed and built. They both tell a story, provide a complete illusion into an immersive, interesting and fun environment, and they both provide a legit thrill but are still 100% family friendly.

BlakeW39

To me, I have always found something "off" about Rise (and I'm a big Star Wars fan). I definitely enjoy it, but it doesn't rank near the top of my list.

Maybe it's because they set it in the sequel era, maybe it's because some of the sets feel too plastic to me, or maybe because the isolated ride (strip the story and theming) isn't thrilling.

Mostly, I think the reason why I feel the disconnect is that before I rode it, I had consistently seen it hyped up as "the best ride Disney has ever made," and it just didn't live up to that hype for me.

Completely agree. Rise has never really been a favorite of mine. It's a good attraction, but it just...lacks something. I don't know. I prefer Tower of Terror at DHS and Indy & Pirates at DL.

imagineer97

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Completely agree. Rise has never really been a favorite of mine. It's a good attraction, but it just...lacks something. I don't know. I prefer Tower of Terror at DHS and Indy & Pirates at DL.
I still haven't had a chance to ride Rise. I went to Disneyland in Jul-Aug 2019, and only Smugglers' Run was open. Had a trip to WDW planned for May 2020, but COVID hit. Haven't been back since, and it doesn't seem likely that I'll be there any time soon until there are some changes.

BlakeW39

I still haven't had a chance to ride Rise. I went to Disneyland in Jul-Aug 2019, and only Smugglers' Run was open. Had a trip to WDW planned for May 2020, but COVID hit. Haven't been back since, and it doesn't seem likely that I'll be there any time soon until there are some changes.

Funny enough, I went to DL in June of 2019 and only Smugglers was there. I have however been to WDW since then.

Personally I think Rise is good but not quite my thing. There are a lot of effects that are suprising in their execution but it feels like it's missing some substance somewhere to bring it up to the next level

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I can't do just 3, so I'm doing 3 Extinct and 3 Current

Extinct:

1. Horizons
2. Journey into Imagination (Original obviously)
3. Dreamflight (this was difficult as I also love other original Epcot attractions but something different about Dreamflight which was very much like an Epcot ride but not in that park)

Current

1. Rise of the Resistance
2. Flight of Passage
3. Tower of Terror (WDW)

This leaves out a TON of great attractions though, the Peoplemover, some Tokyo Disney attractions, this was very tough to come up with for me

IanDLBZF

Current
1. Flight of Passage/Guardians of The Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
2. Tower of Terror
3. Pirates of The Caribbean

Defunct
1. Splash Mountain (WDW/DL)
2. Great Movie Ride
3. Alien Encounter

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Interesting that you chose this. Is DL on here just because it was the first version of a great ride, because it found homes for so many animatronics, both of these reasons, something else?
Little bit of both of those, but also because it blends so seamlessly into the forests of Critter Country and New Orleans Square at once gives it a huge bump up

Fsunolekrw

Gotta go 2 categories here, defunct and existing.

Defunct
1) Horizons - nothing has captured a vision of the future better
2) Journey Into Imagination - the name of the ride tells you all you need to know
3) Everything in original 80’s EPCOT. When you think of all of the technology you got to experience in Communicore that was in it’s infancy at the time, touch screens, video calls etc. all around around 25 years before we all got to hold them in the palm of our hands (smart phones).

Existing
1) Pirates - although the original is better
2) Haunted Mansion - a special effects tour de force
3) Rise of the Resistance - nothing else can give you the feeling of being dropped into the middle of a Star Wars film, even if it would have been better if it was based on the OT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom