What are your top 4 fast pass rides at AK?

luvtink

Original Poster
My FP's window begins Monday. We will be at AK on a Monday so it's not a weekend day. Since we haven't been to AK since Avatar opened, I'm not sure how to prioritize my FP's. I know you can only reserve 3 but will have standbys ready. I'm planning on going for FoP first then Nali River ride. I've read the FoP is really hard to get. We also want to do Lion King, The Safari, and River of Light which we have never seen. Are FP's needed for Rivers of Light? We will be at AK on the third day of our stay which might make things easier.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
FOP is a must if you can get it, personally I always get a fp for Everest as well but it is all down to what you enjoy.

nickys

Premium Member
Typically if your AK day is day 4 or later of your trip, you should be OK getting fastpasses for FoP; earlier than that it could be tricky. Book AK first and try for FoP as soon as your window opens.

You can only book one of FoP or Navii initially, so if you can't get FoP then I would get Navii and then keep checking it to see if you can switch it for FoP.

Then book Safari. That seems to be booking faster now, as everyone who cannot get FoP plans to rope drop it and then head to a Safari.

As for the third, (and only considering the ones you list), in the middle of January I wouldn't think there will be 2 showings of ROL, nor will FotLK likely be full, so I would be tempted to go for ROL. On the other hand, at that time of year, ROL may be a possible 4th fastpass.

Bear in mind if you do get FoP, then Navii may well also be worth getting as a 4th fp unless you do it at rope drop. And holding ROL as a 3rd fp will essentially stop you getting any 4th fp because of park hours.

Weather_Lady

I'd choose [FoP or Navi River Journey], the Lion King and Rivers of Light for my FP+, and I'd schedule the times for FoP/NRJ and FOTLK for the afternoon, after lunchtime. Then I'd arrive well before rope drop and start with [whichever Avatar attraction you couldn't FP+], Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids (if desired), and Dinosaur. Then work your way back through the park and hit the "anytime" attractions and FP+ in whatever order makes sense. You should have time for a substantial afternoon break to go back to your resort for a nap/swim, or you could head somewhere special for lunch. Alternatively, you could stay in the park and do the Rafiki's Planet Watch/Conservation Station, character M&Gs, and/or the Wilderness Explorers scavenger hunt.

jimbojones

AK is my favorite park, it is the best at doing what disney does best, transporting you to another reality! I think Everest, and the Safari are must FP for me and I'd do Avatarland with my other two FPs but only because I haven't seen it yet. Kali River is almost always no wait first thing in the morning in my experience so I wouldn't bother with a FP. Dinosaur usually needs a FP but out of the options available I'd rather use my FPs on the aforementioned attractions.

danheaton

We recently booked FPs for a January trip at 61 days out, and there were some for Flight of Passage remaining, but only after 6 p.m. Those were gone later that day. My choice was to do Nav'i River Journey that morning, then Safari (a must), and then Rivers of Light. There's only one showing that day at 6:30, so it made sense to grab it. This might mean that we don't get to do FoP unless we can snag a 4th FP once our RoL FP is set. I'm not optimistic, but I'm good since my younger daughter can't ride it due to the height restriction anyway.

In terms of other options instead of RoL, I'd choose Everest if you aren't going to use Single Rider. If you want to get both Pandora rides, the best move would be to knock out the 3 FPs as early as you can and then work the app for day-of FPs.

JIMINYCR

We'll rely on first getting to the park as early as possible and head for FoP first, then Navi. Arranging for the FP+ for them as well. The top 4 wed get are FoP one day, Navi the next, then EE, Safari with a toss up for RoL or Dinosaur.

beachlover4444

We did Navi because we couldnt get FoP. Then we did Rivers to avoid the jam getting in there (there is limited seating) and we did Everest. We find there is usually no lines for the Dinosaur ride and the queue is indoors. And we usually go straight to see the animals in the morning before it gets hot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom