.What are your memories of your first time!! thanks Jakeman

PJ Cole

My first visit was in 2006, when I was already 50. My wife had gone back in HS when only MK & EPCOT were open. We took our daughter in '06 for her very first trip. Our first day was at MK and Mickey was doing character photos in the town square. The three of us got a spectacular photo with him. We've since gone back 2 or 3 times each year, but have never had the same photo opportunity. To this day I cherish that photo.

JosieBee

It was the very early 90s, I was 19, and was finishing Navy bootcamp in Orlando and got our weekend liberty before graduation. My parents and boyfriend came down and we got to go to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I only have one picture of that whole weekend! LOL Back in those days, people didn't take as many photos since we had to pay to get them developed, I suppose, and we just were used to that and lived in the moment, but I do wish I had more photos of that trip. Since I was on liberty, I was in my Navy summer whites so not the most comfortable way to be walking around Disney World, but I was so excited to get to have some fun and be with my family. What I remember the most is my first time through Haunted Mansion, being mesmerized by the dancing ghosts and getting a huge kick out of the ghost in our car at the end, and the Electrical Light Parade dazzling me. We spent a few hours in Epcot, as well, but I just remember walking in the rain a lot with a big Mickey poncho on to protect my whites from getting wet and becoming see-through! I am guessing we didn't stay long because of the rain and I had to get back to the base later that evening. I do remember thinking how amazing the countries were in World Showcase and it motivated me to want to travel to the real countries someday, which I have gotten to go to several of them since my young self became inspired by Disney to travel, but now my old self just wants to go to Disney. LOL!

Squigglove

After the first trip it IS downhill!!! We went broke and needed family to wire us cash to finish the week or we'd have starved. There was no GPS!! Our tickets were long papers that got stamped (I think). But the best parts were meeting the characters from my favorite Classics - Robin Hood and Roger Rabbit!!! which don't even seem to count as Disney characters anymore because we need a Toy Story land instead. I miss Mickey's and Minnie's houses. And our first trip was the only one we got to visit River Country.

fluffy

Just about "everything" was sooo cool! But I have to say staying at the Contemporary for our very first visit and riding that Monorail through the building to the parks was the coolest thing for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom