What are you paying for your airfare?

awoogala

nj to orlando generally seems to run in that $250-300 zone whenever I look at it. Gave up and started driving, which ends up cheaper for us.

PolynesianPrincess

We booked for $240 RT Providence RI to MCO. 7:10am departure into MCO at 10am then on the return a 7pm departure into PVD at 9:55pm. We've gotten pretty lucky the past couple times we've flown. Flew in Sept for $260 RT Portland, ME to MCO. And last November we paid $260 also Portland to MCO. Lowest we ever got though was last May (2011) RT Providence to Tampa for $167! It was over $100 more to fly in and out of Orlando.

disneydaft

I wish I lived closer. From Glasgow (Scotland) to Orlando via Newark for myself and 3 year old son cost £1300 GBP or around $2000 US.

That's leaving Jan 26th. (29 sleeps :) ) Cheapest I've ever paid for 2 adults is $750 US return Via London and Iceland.

We did get a great deal to NYC in 2006 paid £150 or about $225 each.

PolynesianPrincess

I wish I lived closer. From Glasgow (Scotland) to Orlando via Newark for myself and 3 year old son cost £1300 GBP or around $2000 US.

That's leaving Jan 26th. (29 sleeps :) ) Cheapest I've ever paid for 2 adults is $750 US return Via London and Iceland.

I used to be a travel consulatant for European travel from here in the US. It was always so crazy how expensive airfare was! I remember booking people from NYC to Rome in the summer months and they were shelling out upwards of $1700 per person for flights, in coach class!

Britt

OUCH!!!! :(

We paid 1600 for 5 tickets, but only because we were really dumb and bought early!!

I think those prices, internationally would keep me from coming!!

Disneykidder

We paid $800 this past summer for four seats round trip from NY to FL. That is really good!! I'm hoping to get the same deal this summer. (Need 5 now)

journ116

Living in Central PA, my family and I prefer to fly out of Harrisburg (MDT), but when AirTran pulled out, we had to fly out of BWI, PHL, or PIT (all an extra 1.5-2.5 hr. drive). So, when planning our June 2013 trip, I decided to check if any airlines had picked up where AirTran left off out of MDT, and here's what I found:

Frontier Airlines
non-stop flight, MDT-MCO, round-trip, paying an extra $10 for seats = $148!!

I haven't paid that little since Oct. 2008!

So, for anyone in Pennsylvania wanting to fly out of MDT, check out Frontiers rates! BONUS: if within 24 hrs., you decide that you need to cancel your flight, you can and you'll get a FULL refund (no hidden fees)! I might need to give up my AirTran Visa and sign up for Frontier!

StarWarsGirl

From BWI (Baltimore) to Orlando, usually around 140-170 per person each way on Southwest. Plus bags fly free. We always keep an eye on the site and wait for the fairs to hit a low. I think for our January trip it got down to 120 a person. Definitely better than driving for 16 hours.

lunchbox1175

Houston to MCO is round trip is currently $456 per person, we used to get it consistently for $275 before the United/Continental Merger.:mad:

journ116

Heads up for anyone flying or will be flying with Southwest or AirTran: they're having their "Miles Sale:"
-$69 (0-500 mi.)
-$109 (501-1000 mi.)
-$139 (1001-1500 mi.)
-$189 (1501 + mi.)

These prices are 1-ways and are subject to certain days of the week.

If you've already booked your flight, go back to your airlines' website, plug in your dates and number of passengers again...if the cost is lower than what you've paid, you can call their customer service line and get "airline credits" (which expire 1 year from issue) and can be used to book future flights, pay for bags or seat upgrades.

Happy travels!

nolatron

We booked our flight back in November for Feb 8.

New Orleans to Orlando (via Atlanta): $846 for 3 on Airtran

We normally fly non-stop on southwest but the cheapest Southwest ever offered was $1200 or so. Mardi Gras and Superbowl weren't helping fares here. :/

beachlover4444

From Cleve-Akron Canton is usually a cheaper airport via AirTran but since Southwest bought them the prices are rising steadily. Heard of great deals out of Youngstown on AllegientAir. Look them up. Some restrictions but not a bad deal. Used to be able to get $198 round trip but now standard is $144 each way or more. If they run a sale, like the $69, good luck actually finding the day or flight it is food for. It is more of a teaser.

beachlover4444

Heads up for anyone flying or will be flying with Southwest or AirTran: they're having their "Miles Sale:"
-$69 (0-500 mi.)
-$109 (501-1000 mi.)
-$139 (1001-1500 mi.)
-$189 (1501 + mi.)

These prices are 1-ways and are subject to certain days of the week.

If you've already booked your flight, go back to your airlines' website, plug in your dates and number of passengers again...if the cost is lower than what you've paid, you can call their customer service line and get "airline credits" (which expire 1 year from issue) and can be used to book future flights, pay for bags or seat upgrades.

Happy travels!
I spent hours actually trying to find a day from akron to Orlando where the 69 existed. Good luck with that. AirTran is getting worse since Southwest took them over.

journ116

I spent hours actually trying to find a day from akron to Orlando where the 69 existed. Good luck with that. AirTran is getting worse since Southwest took them over.

Akron to MCO falls in the 501-1000 mi. category, so you're looking at the $109 one-way prices, possibly even the $139, depending on the exact distance.

G00fyDad

The cheapest I ever got airfare was in 2008 at $155 per seat. We need four of them so it ran us near $620 plus taxes and fees. However, it typically costs around $1200 total for the four of us to fly. We have always used Delta too. I was thinking of trying Southwest this time because of the whole baggage thing, but they are more expensive than just flying with Delta and paying baggage fees.

G00fyDad

What's up with Southwest charging the outrageous prices they do? I thought they were supposed to be cheaper than other airlines. I was all set to book with them next month but forget about that. They are $300 higher than Delta. With Delta my baggage fees will still cost less than the difference and I get to pick our seats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom