What are the "strange" things you look forward to?

jeffk410

Original Poster
Half of the fun is waiting for the trip and planning it out. For me part of the fun is thinking about some of the things I look forward to. Before all of my trips I get excited about some things that everyone tells me are strange or quirky... Such as just hearing the monorail and the voice. The smell of splash mountain, seeing the Disney sign for the first time. Im positive I have more ill edit in later, but I want to see if anyone else is as strange as me. haha.

BrennaRN

The first look down Main St. at MK. The smell of Rome burning in Spaceship Earth. I swear sprite taste better down there, too!

Tinkermommy

Dunkin Donuts when we get off the plane. Not Disney, but we can't get them on the West Coast and we go into withdrawal between trips. :slurp: ;)

Master Gracey 5

"Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas." If I didn't hear that at least once during my trip, I'd be heartbroken.

Dunkin Donuts when we get off the plane. Not Disney, but we can't get them on the West Coast and we go into withdrawal between trips.

Now you see what we New Englanders have known all along!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Driving under the gates. Sounds stupid but once I hit WDW property every care and concern of the real world goes away.

Mouse Man

1) Driving through the Arch welcoming you to Disney World
2) Seeing SSE for the first time each year
3) Looking down main street in MK all the colors and sites and the castle in the distance.
4) Walking Down to get on Pirates of the Carribean
5) The smell of Crepes with strawberry preserves in EPCOT at a tiny little stand
6) First it-a-kadoozzle and Tast of Mickey Shaped Ice Cream on a stick
7) Down Disney and having that first Ice Cream Sunday at Gheardelli's

LoriMistress

The few things I look forward to:
  • Seeing the, "Welcome the WDW" sign.
  • Seeing the enterance of MK.
  • Walking through MS:USA and seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time.
  • TTA
  • Seeing the bride in the HM.
  • Going on EE.
  • Riding ToT.
  • The launch in RnRc.
  • Enjoying the Christmas decorations throughout the parks/resorts.
  • Checking into your resort.
  • Riding M:S
  • Checking into our resort
  • Listening to the music loop throughout the parks.
  • Watching Illuminations
  • Walking through the WS when the park is closed and barely anyone is there.
  • Entering your room at the resort, and watching Resort TV.

disneycouple07

Checking into our room, our first trip to MK with the smell of the bakery and view of the castle. We look forward to finding hidden mickey's.

jeffk410

Original Poster
haha. I love them all.. I was hoping this thread would be decent. I love talking about all those quirky things, but the gates truly do represent escapement to me also.

Testtrack321

-Smell in the Land
-Walk up to the HM
-waiting till there's no line for Splash and Big Thunder when the parade is happening and then marathoning them
-Tower of Terror queue

DisGal

Stepping off the ME and walking into the lobby for the first time - this moment is when it really hits me that I am back

Hearing background music wherever you go

My first ride on the monorail

Getting my first box of popcorn on Main Street

There are so many...

jeffk410

Original Poster
ah I forgot one of my most important. Hearing "welcome back" when on the bus late at night and arriving at your hotel. Ah I cant wait 48 more daysss.

lilclerk

I think my favorite part of the trip is checking in and walking through the resort to get to the room. It's such a great feeling. That and walking under SSE for the first time.

Oh how could I forget the Innoventions loop! It gives me that "OMG I'm in WDW" feeling.

floridaproject

I personally love:
-TOT: "You are about to see what lies beyond the 5th Dimension, beyond the deepest, darkest corner of the imagination, in the Tower of Terror!
-Music from HM
-First sight of the Tree of Life after the Oasis.
-First sight of the elephants on KS

LudwigVonDrake

There are lots but the first three things that popped immediately into my head were the smell of the water in PotC, driving under the welcome arch and hearing the voice of Paul Frees in the Haunted Mansion :)

Leianne

The planning and anticipation is almost just as fun as being there!

Before we even get to outside the airport we love the monorail that takes you to your luggage!

Then: Its driving under the gates
The smell of burning Rome on SSE
The skunk smell on Figment
The first look at main Street

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom