What are the must pack items for first time visit

knudsos

We are going to WDW at the end of September for the first time with our 5 year old daughter. I am looking for some advice on what I should absolutely pack for the plane trip (her first time flying) as well as anything specific to bring to the parks in a backpack that would make life so much easier. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

mary219

Go to your local dollar store and pick up the light-up necklaces and braclets for each night, this way you don't get soaked in buying some $15 light up thing.
this is a great idea.I recently bought two packs of light up bracelets for our block party.When nighttime came and the vendors started strolling the street with their VERY SAME bracelets and necklaces for $3 a peice and up-way up-i took out mine made some necklaces out of a few bracelets and just bracelets,handed them out to my guest's kids they were so happy.i paid $24 and had 50 bracelets.They were a hit.I plan on buying the larger light up necklaces for my 2 kids and bringing them i think the larger light up necklace was like 3.99 in party city.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

One more note:

If you bring disposable cameras, make sure you write your name etc on them. If it gets lost, you have a better chance of getting it back. I have no idea how many cameras WDW has in their lost and founds, but if yours isn't marked, you'll never get it back. :wave:

If your family likes flavored drinks, you can bring those KoolAid or Crystal Lite pouches, perfect to add to a bottle of water. We bring them everywhere!

Upvote 0
this is a great idea.I recently bought two packs of light up bracelets for our block party.When nighttime came and the vendors started strolling the street with their VERY SAME bracelets and necklaces for $3 a peice and up-way up-i took out mine made some necklaces out of a few bracelets and just bracelets,handed them out to my guest's kids they were so happy.i paid $24 and had 50 bracelets.They were a hit.I plan on buying the larger light up necklaces for my 2 kids and bringing them i think the larger light up necklace was like 3.99 in party city.

I don't know if you have any Michaels craft stores near you but they carry tubes of the light up bracelets 10 per tube for a dollar a tube.... I don't recall any necklaces, but my kids have gotten 3 necklaces from the 10 in a tube easily.

Upvote 0
One more note:

If you bring disposable cameras, make sure you write your name etc on them. If it gets lost, you have a better chance of getting it back. I have no idea how many cameras WDW has in their lost and founds, but if yours isn't marked, you'll never get it back. :wave:

If your family likes flavored drinks, you can bring those KoolAid or Crystal Lite pouches, perfect to add to a bottle of water. We bring them everywhere!

That brings up an interesting question... does anyone know what Disney does with all the left over cameras that never find their owners? Is it like airlines and baggage where they ship it all to a store that buys it for resale?

Upvote 0

rob45

1. autograph book with a big pen
2. camera or camcorder
3. waterbottle
4. wipes
5. swimsuit in the suitcase (you may want to go to your resort for a afternoon swim to take a break from the heat)
6. shorts, and wear comfortable shoes
7. bring your vacation attitude ( your at Disney World of course!)
8. try to book dinner at Cindy's castle

Have a great time!!!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

mary219

I don't know if you have any Michaels craft stores near you but they carry tubes of the light up bracelets 10 per tube for a dollar a tube.... I don't recall any necklaces, but my kids have gotten 3 necklaces from the 10 in a tube easily.

no,we dont have any michaels around,but i will check out another craft store thats close by.thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

One more note:

That's an excellent idea. I'm going to take it another step further, and put a tag on my regular camera strap with my name, resort & room no.

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

I would purchase the UG book and read it ASAP. This will help you plan your trip and know what is best time to visit each park for each day. I would bring a pair of two good shoes that will be able to handle plenty of walking. I would bring extra socks as well. Bring any over the counter medicane in case if you get sick. Bring sunblock, bug spray (doesn't hurt), bottle water, snacks, film/video tape/DVD, Traveler Checks, ponchos, and that's all I can think of right now.

Upvote 0

natolij02

All I can say is BABY WIPES! They work to wash hands, faces, toilet seats, doubles as toilet paper if you find you are out in the stall your in, cleans stains off your clothes, cleans surfaces like; tables, chairs, stroller handles, ride handles, and door handles. You can use them to refresh yourself if your hot. They can clean your feet if they get dirty. They get sticky spills off your stuff like cameras, strollers, kids toys, etc. They are all purpose and I never leave home without them. They will be with me every where I go for our trip in September! Good Luck and Happy Packing!
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

santa's surpriz

Those outrageously priced light up spinny things, I hate to buy them b/c they are extremely over priced and usually used as a weapon in my hair...are for sale at the disney store. I bought a couple on sale for 7.99 and 40% off. I thought it was quite the steal. I plan to trick my daughter into thinking I bought it there. I just hope it works! I also bought a few glow sticks on clearance in Target summer sale. (pack of 4 for 2.99 and 50% off) I bought enough for each day at the parks. I am hoping that they will add enough security while on dark rides. My daughter is 4, she is not afraid of the dark but still creates drama about it.

Upvote 0

princess noel

Hi,
We went over Christmas with our 5yr old daughter and for the flight we bought these ear plugs called earplanes. They helped tremendously. Also, we had her carry her own backpack full of fun things for the plane. At the parks I think everyone has listed great ideas. Personal items from home always makes our daughter feel more relaxed when we return to the room. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Sweet Pea

You will all have a fabulous time! I'll be there at the same time with my 7- and 4-year olds. My tips are: give your daughter a watch to wear that has your cell phone # written on the inside of the wristband (just in case), little cans of play-doh for the plane rides, special surprise gifts for the flight up and back, and special surprises while at your hotel. If you're staying on property, bring a bunch of her Disney stuffed animals. Mousekeeping will make cute scenes each day with the animals. Some fun prior to the trip is to compose a letter to your daughter from her favorite character(s) which includes a couple of Disney dollars. I've sent at least 3 letters to each of the kids for their past 2 trips, and they loved them. They insisted that the letters be included in their scrapbooks! A gift can even accompany the letter if you like. Our kids have received swimsuits and t-shirts. Have fun at the World!

Upvote 0

Dagger

here's the bare necessities in my current list for the parks:

Wallet/money/park tickets/room key/car keys if driving
Antibacterial wipes or Purell
Sunscreen
Chapstick
Band-aid/first aid items & tylenol
Poncho
Snacks for kids
Camera
Camera batteries/film/memory
Sunglasses

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom