what are the chances Disney continues to invest WDW post 2022 to correct the deficiencies in the build out of the parks?

Trackmaster

The number of gates is immaterial if they are underdeveloped. DLR has almost as many attractions in 2 parks as WDW has in 4.

And I think you'd be surprised at just how many single day single park tickets Disney sells.

I've read that its about 8% of the people who go through the gates. Surprising right?

NickMaio

Wait until you see the attendance numbers for 2020. I think you will change you mind when you see how many people go to HS.
It will be high - no doubt. However, I don't think it will be astronomical because of the numbers the park can hold. Not as many compared to Epcot or AK.
That will be its hold back.

BlakeW39

WDW is the only resort in the chain with four gates though. What is has easily beats the other resorts in total. And, you consider that there are a lot of options in Orlando for visitors as well. I think that WDW could use improvements, but I don't think that the sky is falling. I personally do believe that EPCOT is right where its supposed to be. Its for special events, and is basically a Downtown Disney for APs and hotel guests with hoppers. Nobody buys single day tickets without hoppers really. If anything, the new coaster may take away some of its charm, and add crowds that weren't meant to be there.

So? If they can't handle four gates then they shouldn't have them. But they can handle them, they've just chosen not to, so here we are.

Yes what they have beats the other resorts, because they have four parks, so by that they should have two times what other resorts like DLR have. They do not. It seems as if they do not tens to the parks based upon a case by case basis but rather resorts as whole; they dedicate a certain amount of resources to a resort which is why WDW gets so much less per park.

It is sad that Epcot is at the point where you would call it an exclusive Downtown Disney. It is not meant to be that, it is meant to be a full day park separate from the MK but because they let it rot it's now not. It's offensive that what you descrobe Epcot of today as is almost true. And soon they won't even keep its thematic integrity which will eliminate the one thing going for it. Without that, they better have some VERY good E-tickets.

Trackmaster

So? If they can't handle four gates then they shouldn't have them. But they can handle them, they've just chosen not to, so here we are.

Yes what they have beats the other resorts, because they have four parks, so by that they should have two times what other resorts like DLR have. They do not. It seems as if they do not tens to the parks based upon a case by case basis but rather resorts as whole; they dedicate a certain amount of resources to a resort which is why WDW gets so much less per park.

It is sad that Epcot is at the point where you would call it an exclusive Downtown Disney. It is not meant to be that, it is meant to be a full day park separate from the MK but because they let it rot it's now not. It's offensive that what you descrobe Epcot of today as is almost true. And soon they won't even keep its thematic integrity which will eliminate the one thing going for it. Without that, they better have some VERY good E-tickets.

I mean, I think that personally, I enjoy EPCOT when I'm there. When a family has been struggling with lines and congestion all week, I think that the laid back nature of it is appealing. There's enough to keep you occupied, and you can do it at your own pace. Yeah, they'd be ed if they paid $100 just for it, but its a nice ensemble to the rest of the parks. If they built it up like the other ones, it would be just as crowded, and you'd be waiting in lines again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom